SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 26, 2004, 06:20 PM
Joined Jan 2004
11 Posts
DIY stand plans

I have been lurking for awhile , but this is my first post. I have found this to be a very interesting and enlightening site . My question is , does anyone have a link to plans to build a stand for sport size airplanes that will hold the plane high enough that you dont have to bend over to work on it? Thanks.
jim81147 is offline Find More Posts by jim81147
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2004, 12:19 PM
stockbridge,ga
Joined Jan 2004
14 Posts
I went to home depot and bought a fold up workmate type table.The height is adjustable and I just set the plane on it.I am planning on making a cradle to hold my h-p taylorcraft on it .It was 60 or so bucks and it is handy to use for other stuff not just a dedicated plane stand.
doechsle is offline Find More Posts by doechsle
Old Jan 27, 2004, 08:17 PM
Carrying a lot of weight!
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
The folding table idea is outstanding. It can be used with any of the available "airplane" stands available from your LHS. Ernst, robart, etc...

A folding card table would also work if you want to sit down and work.

You could also make one out of PVC water pipe from Home Depot or Lowe's.

Dave,
I hate bending over...
therotund1 is offline Find More Posts by therotund1
Old Jan 31, 2004, 09:17 AM
Tiptree,Essex,England
Joined Aug 2000
89 Posts
Sussex model Centre here in England sell a good table made I beleive by SLEC, its not cheap but its the best bit of ground support kit Ive ever purchased.http://sussex-model-centre.co.uk/[IMG]FliteMate.jpeg[/IMG]
davejay78 is offline Find More Posts by davejay78
Last edited by davejay78; Jan 31, 2004 at 09:24 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2004, 06:36 PM
Clyde N.C.
Joined Oct 2003
519 Posts
I bought a little garden cart with expanded metal in the floor of it. Slightly larger than a kids wagon. I then built a stand out of PVC and used HEAVY DUTY tie wraps to fasten it to the cart & I leave it at the field. The stand is tall enough to work on your plane in a standing position. Now when I get there I pull the cart over to the truck, assy. the plane on the stand load the rest of my gear on the cart & pull it all to the pits at one time. This has proven to be about the handest thing there especially for us that fly 1/4 scale & larger. Were all a close nit bunch so no worries about thieves and every one uses it!! Comes in real handy when some one crashes there plane a distance away, it easly hauls all the pieces back!!
RS Rogers is offline Find More Posts by RS Rogers
Old Feb 04, 2004, 09:17 AM
South Central Indiana
Joined Nov 2003
57 Posts
Hi
If you fly at the same place all the time. Do what we did at our feild. Build tables. They can be seen at sircm.com and I think one of the members will supply plans in sale area.

Good Luck
Robert
DadsDesigns is offline Find More Posts by DadsDesigns