SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 26, 2004, 03:59 AM
Norway
Joined Jan 2004
15 Posts
Free Air 2COOL 3D PLANS & DRAWINGS

Do any have have drawings or plans on file for the 2COOL 3D from Free Air??

I have bought and received two planes from NSP / Sal but do not get any plans and drawings as promised.

Appriciate your help.

Nice airplane by the way.

best regards
Keto
Kato is offline Find More Posts by Kato
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2004, 05:31 PM
Kentucky
Joined Dec 2003
1,744 Posts
sketch pieces before assembling

With all my foamy kit planes that don't have regular plans, I simply sketch out the pieces onto paper before construction, taking depth dimensions, etc, as needed so I could recreate anything that gets damaged beyond repair. Fortunately, these planes are real hardy, so my repairs have been pretty minor.

When you get your kits, why not do the same thing?

BTW, I think I have a 2Cool in the mail from my wife for our wedding anniversary, so keep in touch with your experiences with the plane. I imagine it's pretty hard to do serious damage to the 2Cool, so it should last a long time out of the box with minor repairs as needed.

Johnny B.
Johnny B is offline Find More Posts by Johnny B
Old Jan 26, 2004, 06:21 PM
gainesville FL
Joined Jan 2002
1,392 Posts
i think i know what Kato means...

i got the free air extra 3d....

Intructions/plans are kinda scarce....
Its not that u need info to "rebuild"...the planes never shipped with instructions to build em in the first place. And its not just about what kind of glue to use...critical dimensions and directions as to the order that certain things must be done in.....are omitted from the kits.

(my instructions were reproduced in such a way that the dimensions were illegible...too small for the human eye...or for the copier...just a blob)

lets put it this way....these planes look really nice in the videos...I would like to build them exactly as they appeared....but its impossible to do so without exact dimensions.

contact the guys at free air..

freeair@seznam.cz

there's some guy there named "Lubos"?
that answered my email with some new instructions.

to reach sal at nesail you probably have to call...not sure how often they check email...no one from there ever got back to me on here....well not directly anyway.
guyaneze is offline Find More Posts by guyaneze
Last edited by guyaneze; Jan 26, 2004 at 06:25 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 12:00 AM
Kentucky
Joined Dec 2003
1,744 Posts
Try NESAIL

Well, I have to wait and see what the delivery truck brings for me, but I'm 90% sure its a 2Cool.

I called NESail for help on b/less motor set-ups. Sal called me back (Vermont to CA long distance call). He was very helpful. Why not call direct? Their number is on their website. I think if you call, you'll get some help.

If not, post how Free Air comes through with directions.

I got a Genie from NEsail. Haven't assembled it yet, but the instructions are good. They're really just illustrations, so a beginner might have some difficulty, but anyone who has built a few planes wouldn't have a problem.

Johnny B.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:40 PM
No Dear its not a new one
Joined Nov 2001
2,505 Posts
I've got a 2cool and am in the same boat as you guys. I called nesail and talked to Frank, he has 14pg instructions for 2 cool that he can fax you.

Did any of you have to pay $25 shipping like me? THats pretty rediculous IMHO. Can anyone say SUCKER!
hotairflyer is offline Find More Posts by hotairflyer
Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:43 PM
Kentucky
Joined Dec 2003
1,744 Posts
Was the box that irregular in size? Or was your package sent 2nd day Fedex?

Sounds a little high, and you might ask them about it. However, its not unreasonable if the package doesn't fit postal regs for dimensions or you got it sent super quick. Obviously, dealers make a few extra dollars off of shipping. I don't think too many of these companies would stay in business if they were taking advantage of fellow hobbyists...a bad rub would circulate in these forums like juicy gossip at the hair salon.

I HOPE I have a 2Cool in the mail. If so, our anniversary is 2/7, so she'll probably make me wait to open until then. In the meantime, someone build one of these and post pictures, otherwise I'll chime in when (if?) mine arrives.

Johnny B.