HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2004, 07:13 PM
a.k.a. GlideZilla
Australia, VIC, Macleod
Joined Sep 2003
200 Posts
Cheapest shipping from USA to Australia

Folks,

I have won an auction on e-bay for a kit and I'm looking for a cost effective way to get it here.

The kit box is 56" x 14" x 12" and 13 lbs (or 142cm x 36cm x 31cm and 5.9 kg) and is comming from Arizona to Melbourne.

I have been quoted $342 USD by the seller which is more than I paid for the kit.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Dean
Dean.roberts is offline Find More Posts by Dean.roberts
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:00 PM
Australia
Joined Oct 2000
1,218 Posts
Dean..try http://www.busfreight.com.au/

They organise overseas consignment too, not
idea whether is cheap or not, but within OZ the
cheapest for BIG box.
MartinL is offline Find More Posts by MartinL
Old Feb 19, 2004, 12:51 AM
a.k.a. GlideZilla
Australia, VIC, Macleod
Joined Sep 2003
200 Posts
Thank you for your advice.

After investigating the options I discovered that the box was too big for US Post and other freight companies shipping by sea where as expensive as FedEx.

In the end I coughed for the FedEx airfreight and have received my (very expensive) kit safe and sound.

Cheers
Dean
Dean.roberts is offline Find More Posts by Dean.roberts
Old Jan 11, 2009, 06:56 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1 Posts
[QUOTE=Dean.roberts]Folks,

I have won an auction on e-bay for a kit and I'm looking for a cost effective way to get it here.

What was the kit that you had shipped ,must have been a good one.
rick boyd is offline Find More Posts by rick boyd
Old Jan 15, 2009, 08:32 PM
MINE!
Australia, VIC, Point Cook
Joined Jul 2003
3,106 Posts
OMG that was nearly 5 years ago.......
Mick Molloy is offline Find More Posts by Mick Molloy
Old Oct 19, 2011, 03:32 PM
Joined Oct 2011
1 Posts
Cheapest shipping from USA to Australi

I have been using NEX for almost a year. Their rates are the Cheapest shipping from USA to Australia, I have used fedex and dhl before switching to NEX they have same service for half price. www.Shipnex.com
Johnwilson11 is offline Find More Posts by Johnwilson11
Old Sep 23, 2013, 03:19 AM
Joined Sep 2013
1 Posts
hey, you should try using Parcel Zoom service. they provide very good customer service. The price is reasonable and their warehouse let us store the items within 90 days. I have used 1 time and really satisfied.
Check the price here
http://www.parcelzoom.com/index.php/...s-pricing.html
kellynguyen279 is offline Find More Posts by kellynguyen279
Old Jan 06, 2014, 08:13 PM
Joined Jan 2014
1 Posts
Co-workers use a package forwarding service all the time for making purchases in the USA and shipping to Australia. These co-workers range from people living in big cities of Sydney and Perth to others who live in suburbs of Melbourne.

They tend to like Stackry (www.stackry.com) for shipping USA purchases to Australia. They find that the lack of membership fees, 45 days free storage, overall value (http://www.stackry.com/shipping-calculator) and personalized customer service make them the best option in the package forwarding industry.

Some of the bigger companies tend to be poor with their service (perhaps because they are so big?), but co-workers do like them for handling some other regions like Northern Africa and Eastern Europe.

Cheers!
BuckBites is offline Find More Posts by BuckBites