SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Thomas B, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:08 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,633 Posts
Discussion
2013 events and travel

Having a great 2013 season so far. Attended the Richardson Electric event in April, Warbirds over Benbrook in early May at my home field in Fort Worth, SMALL Steps in late May/early June in Little Rock and Warbirds over Texas at the North Dallas RC Club in mid June.

Currently on vacation in Virginia Beach visiting son and grandson and brought along a few small models in my trusty Plano golf club case. Had some nice flying sessions with the local park flying crowd here.

Next up is a float fly sponsored by the Falcons of Lake Dallas on July 27. Always a good time. After that, I am CDing the Fort Worth Thunderbirds Summer Float Fly on Aug 3. More info here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1908785

If you are in the area, please come out to fly or spectate!

Will update the fall events a little later.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2013, 08:11 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,633 Posts
Sitting on a plane at ORF waiting to fly back to DFW.....sigh. Plane delayed for maintenance.

Did have one funny thing happen on the trip. Ended up with a Hybrid Hyundai Sonata as a rent car on the second weekend of the visit. Interesting driving experience and a great car based on my three days of exposure to it.

Went out to fly early Saturday morning and popped the hood to charge a couple of batteries.

Hmmmmm. No 12 volt battery.....

No obvious power access under the hood, either. Decided not to experiment with the rental car and flew the four batteries I had that were already charged....
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; Jul 01, 2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 11:17 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,633 Posts
The fall event season in North Texas is coming. Next up for me looks to be the Dustbowl fly in up in Holdenville, OK on Sept 14 and 15, if I can get that weekend off work.

Am all set to go to Bomber Field the following weekend on Friday and Saturday, Sept 20-21.

Working the next weekend, but will be at BEST the first weekend in Oct.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2013, 11:11 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,633 Posts
If anyone from RC Groups is going to these same events, feel free to chime in and say hello, in here at at the event. Always a pleasure to meet RCG folks at any event.

I know a lot of the usual suspects from here that come to the events...
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:35 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,633 Posts
Cancelled the Bomber Field trip due to the extremely poor weather forecast. Working today and will attend DEAF tomorrow instead, as the weather around DFW on Saturday is looking good!
RCG Plus Member