HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2013, 06:45 AM
Joined Jun 2013
1 Posts
Discussion
Walkera V450BD5 Airwolf helicopter

Hi guys, i am new to the forum but would appreciate any thoughts you might have. I recently bought some stuff from www.hobbycart.com. The items arrived with no issues. Now i am thinking of getting a Walkera V450BD5 Helicopter, does anyone have the same heli?

Would appreciate any feedback.

http://www.hobbycart.com/walkera-v45...c-set-arf.html is selling it with free shipping. Any other recommendations?

Cheers,
Matt
mattdyson2129 is offline Find More Posts by mattdyson2129
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2013, 08:04 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,399 Posts
$640 Wow, these things are expensive.

How about just getting an FBL 450 and install it in a fuselage yourself?

http://www.rc711.com/shop/alzrc-450-...?cPath=228_229
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2013, 09:06 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
People have generally stayed away from buying Walkera helis larger than micros, especially the scale models. They have not been very durable, require lots of upgrades and may have engineering flaws that are difficult to overcome. It also takes them 2 or 3 versions of any model to work out most of the flaws. For example, you don't even know if it has a flapping hinge head design, which would be very important with CF blades. Their previous multiple blade head models have been rigid. As has been pointed out, you can assemble your own scale heli with much less risk and lower cost. It's also worth mentioning that a 5 blade head makes blade balancing and tracking quite a pain in the ass.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Jun 28, 2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 11:50 AM
United Kingdom, England, Witham
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
People have generally stayed away from buying Walkera helis larger than micros, especially the scale models. They have not been very durable, require lots of upgrades and may have engineering flaws that are difficult to overcome. It also takes them 2 or 3 versions of any model to work out most of the flaws. For example, you don't even know if it has a flapping hinge head design, which would be very important with CF blades. Their previous multiple blade head models have been rigid. As has been pointed out, you can assemble your own scale heli with much less risk and lower cost. It's also worth mentioning that a 5 blade head makes blade balancing and tracking quite a pain in the ass.
Tracking a 3 blade head is bad enough!
The 4F200LM seems to be OK for a scale model, I have had mine since xmas and I do fly it quite often, as yet no real issues other than my dislike of the Devo 7 Tx (So upgrading the 3G system to a FuBar so I can use my JR tx
Essex2visuvesi is offline Find More Posts by Essex2visuvesi
Old Jun 29, 2013, 09:24 PM
Where's the swimming pool
Joined Jul 2011
997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
$640 Wow, these things are expensive.

How about just getting an FBL 450 and install it in a fuselage yourself?

http://www.rc711.com/shop/alzrc-450-...?cPath=228_229
I agree with all the lads here.

5 blades will be a NIGHTMARE and isn't even accurate to what it purports to model. Have NO IDEA what walkera were thinking.

Google alishanmao for his YouTube reviews in any case.
spykez is offline Find More Posts by spykez