HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

FunMan: Really Fun, Really Multiplex!

Have fun while your learning!

Splash

This just in from Hitec RCD:

Take off from almost any field with the high-wing FunMan!

Featuring a robust, brushless motor, oversize wheels and standard rudder, elevator and throttle controls, this responsive, Elapor foam airplane delivers pure enjoyment.

Its controlled maneuverability and light-wing loading make it a great beginner flyer with docile handling.

As your confidence builds, upgrade your FunMan with a pair of aileron servos for increased aerobatic potential. And add our float kit for maximum fun!

Funman web en (2 min 35 sec)

SPECIFICATIONS

• Wingspan: 39.8 in
  • Overall Length: 32.3 in
  • Weight: 20.5 oz
  • Wing Area: 341 sq in
  • Wing Loading: 8.7 oz/sq ft

FEATURES

• Ideal Flying Characteristics
  • for the Beginner
  • Incredible Compact and Robust
  • Design Made of Elapor Foam
  • Powerful Brushless Motor
  • Available Optional Float Set

RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT

• Transmitter: Hitec Optic 5/
  • Optic 6 Sport or Aurora 9
  • Receiver: Hitec Minima/Maxima/
  • Optima 6 or Optima 6 Lite
Visit the Hitec website!

Discussion

Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:53 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,604 Posts
What a great-looking airplane! Looks like Multiplex has done it again. What's the price point?

Hey Jim, followed your link and the plane isn't even on the website yet! Talk about delivering the news, it's not even news yet and we heard it first here. Love the look of those tires and the float option.
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:55 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,492 Posts
I really am interested in this bird myself! I'll post back when it goes live.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Jun 27, 2013, 03:31 PM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2000
1,499 Posts
Looks like rehashed Mini-Mag.
CryHavoc is offline Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old Jun 27, 2013, 08:43 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,440 Posts
I can't get past the name
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Jun 27, 2013, 08:47 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
9,169 Posts
Yes it is just a re-release of the minimag (confirmed by someone "in the know"), but thats in no way a bad thing... I love my minimag! I was sad when the discontinued it, and have been flying my minimag more carefully for fear of breaking it... with this now I dont have to worry so much, since spare parts will be avalable again!

The price point for the kit should be around $80 or so... based on the minimag.

Now if they would just re-release the space scooter....
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:27 PM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Hey Jim, followed your link and the plane isn't even on the website yet! Talk about delivering the news, it's not even news yet and we heard it first here. Love the look of those tires and the float option.
It's advertised in this month's Model Aviation magazine.
JohnsPop is offline Find More Posts by JohnsPop
Old Jun 28, 2013, 08:31 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,604 Posts
Thought that thing looked familiar! Here's hoping that Multiplex, which has been muscled a bit to the sidelines lately by Horizon's amazing innovations and the incursion of Hobby King and others copying their Easy Star, can jump back into the short list of names people automatically think of when they're looking for a new plane.

Whatever manufacturer is your favorite, you have to root for the others. Lots of great suppliers means better products and lower prices for all. Go Multiplex!
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Jun 28, 2013, 04:56 PM
urs
switzerland
Joined Dec 2000
722 Posts
flaps

hi all
I have been useing my fun man for the past month....I added flaps as I love them so much on my funcub....the result is fantastic does every thing the fun cub does but in a smaller frame -----makes it so much easier to transport, I just keep it completly set up in my car....it flies ten miniutes of fairly vigorouse flying on my old 3 cell 1300 lipos,
I have also used the old slightly oversized funcub floats ...no problemo...it takes of fine from water...all in all a great plane for mucking around and doing silly things..(hey its epp ...easy to repair with super cyno glue)

urs (switzerland)
urs is offline Find More Posts by urs
Last edited by urs; Jun 30, 2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: correcting
Old Jul 21, 2013, 03:11 AM
Joined Apr 2013
223 Posts
What was involved in adding flaps to the fun man? I was about to purchase the fun cub, but this new fun man is a more manageable size, though the lack of flaps bummed me out...so very interested in how you added flaps to this!
netarc is offline Find More Posts by netarc
Old Jul 21, 2013, 05:05 AM
urs
switzerland
Joined Dec 2000
722 Posts
adding flaps

hi

i put a 7 gr am servo in the bump of the wing then cut out the flaps after puting the wing on the fusalage and marking just outside the fusalage to the same depth as the ailerons..I then cut them carfully with a V and left just enough to act as a hinge PLUS I put some tape on the top to make sure it stayed as a hinge,,,,then I bent two bits of piano wire at 90 degrees (these fit in the ailerons and the two 90 degree bends down ward after instaling a bit of plastic tubing in the midle of the wire this makes sure when glued in the wing they still swival ok...after instaling a clevas was drilled out to acept both verical wires and glud on connect sero with a pushrod and you are ok.....do make sure when you use it to reduse the flap angle to about 30 degrees and incress untill you are comfortable...
urs
Old Jul 21, 2013, 08:40 AM
yank and bank!!
Joined May 2013
2,300 Posts
It is so nice to see a plane that doesn't come with absurdly undersized wheels, and bad to see another starter plane where the mfg chose rudder over ailerons.
failboat is offline Find More Posts by failboat
Old Jul 21, 2013, 04:55 PM
urs
switzerland
Joined Dec 2000
722 Posts
the ailerons are there...your choice to use them...it flys extremly well with the ruder so you can learn to fly with the ruder and then put in the vailerons...just a diferantway of doing it..
urs
Old Jul 21, 2013, 06:14 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Feb 2006
399 Posts
this looks faster than the fun cub. using flaps, is it as slow as the fun cub?
Luisfc1972 is offline Find More Posts by Luisfc1972
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:57 PM
urs
switzerland
Joined Dec 2000
722 Posts
it flies as well as the fun cub and can be just as slow... its smaller but lighter (it uses a 3S- 1000mi amp batt) JUST ADD FLAPS TO MAKE IT AS GOOD AS THE FUN CUB BUT IN A SMALLER VERTION ....My original fun cub has not had a flight since I got the fun man..

urs