HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2013, 02:24 PM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Mar 2004
1,121 Posts
Discussion
Sonic Modell Pitts Python 1400mm Large RC Plane (EPO Version)

Anyone have one of these. Troybuilt sells these and they are setup for a 6S lipo. Comes with Motor,ESC and servo's.
Nice plane but the manual CG is way off. Manual shows 65mm but CG is actually between 110 and 120mm. IMHO, The factory most have set it at 65mm so they could sell more planes. At 65mmCG it is so tail heavy you could never fly it correctly
At 110mm -120mm CG it fly's great and the quality is much better then most foamy planes I have seen.
Go4it is offline Find More Posts by Go4it
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2013, 02:47 AM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,677 Posts
Just stumbled upon it at the TBM site...

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items...TTS-55PNP.html

How does it fly? Can you do 3D or it is more of a scale plane?
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Jul 05, 2013, 06:22 PM
Loose Sox Special Spec
Australia, SA, Modbury North
Joined Feb 2012
1,467 Posts
I don't own one but I've had one on loan for a few days. A mate of mine owns a LHS and he bought a few in and lent me one to try out.

On the standard power system (5052 500kv), it is very underpowered on the recommended 4S battery. It does fly, but just putters around the sky, no way would you be doing any 3D with it.

We tried it on 6S just for laughs. Didn't have any different sized props so was over propped for 6S but man did she move! We knew we'd heat the pack up so we kept it a short flight, but had no issue with infinate knife edge, rolling harriers, flat spins etc. Looking at the specs for that 6 combo, I'd say it should be a decent performer.
LooseSox is offline Find More Posts by LooseSox
Old Jul 05, 2013, 06:34 PM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Mar 2004
1,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratous View Post
I don't own one but I've had one on loan for a few days. A mate of mine owns a LHS and he bought a few in and lent me one to try out.

On the standard power system (5052 500kv), it is very underpowered on the recommended 4S battery. It does fly, but just putters around the sky, no way would you be doing any 3D with it.

We tried it on 6S just for laughs. Didn't have any different sized props so was over propped for 6S but man did she move! We knew we'd heat the pack up so we kept it a short flight, but had no issue with infinate knife edge, rolling harriers, flat spins etc. Looking at the specs for that 6 combo, I'd say it should be a decent performer.
I think that's why I guess Troybuilt Models only sells the 6S version.
I have not flown the 4S model but I can tell you the 6S version fly's 3D great. The manual said to use a 3300mah lipo. I choose to use a 4500mah do to the manual is wrong on the CG. The manual said the CG was 65mm. The CG that I use is 110mm .
Go4it is offline Find More Posts by Go4it
Old Jul 05, 2013, 08:18 PM
Loose Sox Special Spec
Australia, SA, Modbury North
Joined Feb 2012
1,467 Posts
Yes, I flew mine at 110mm too.There is another thread on this model somewhere else on here (quite old) and they mentioned the same thing. I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this model. I'd love to get one myself one day, but 1 it only JUST fits in the car fully assembled (and still takes a bit of jiggling to get it there) and 2 my wife would probably divorce me if I bought another plane any time soon! lol
LooseSox is offline Find More Posts by LooseSox
Old Oct 23, 2014, 06:08 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Does somebody can tell me if it's possible to fly this modell at the right cg with 2x 3s 2200mah (6s setup) ?
Thanks!
Krycek W is offline Find More Posts by Krycek W