SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

John Redman Purchases JetCat USA

John will be leaving Horizon Hobby on July 5th as he takes his next steps in the RC Industry. John is returning to California and has purchased JetCat USA and Composite Structures Technology.

Splash

This just in from Horizon Hobby:

Happy Wednesday everyone! We have some news to share with you regarding our own John Redman. We are sad to inform you that John will be leaving Horizon Hobby on July 5th as he takes his next steps in the RC Industry. John is returning to California and has purchased JetCat USA and Composite Structures Technology. When asked about his move John had the following to share:

"The past 8 years at Horizon have been a great ride. Over 5 years in Product Development with the Air Division and the rest here in the Online Division to help my fellow modeling buddies have greater success in their hobby. Dealing with "the Car Guy" has been a bit tough at times, but a blast none the less. I am not gone and will still be a big part of the industry. I look forward to seeing some of you on the flying circuit in the future. As some would say “good-bye” I will say “see you later”. This is not a good bye but a new direction in the industry for me as I take over the reins of two great companies. So as you know me and Mia from our videos I will say one last time . . . “until next time, we’ll see you at the flying field”.

On behalf of everyone at Horizon Hobby we'd like to thank John for his service and the fun he has brought us and wish him all the best of luck in his future endeavors. You'll want to make sure you check out this week's episode of the R/Cast, John's last on the show, which will debut later this week. John goes into details on his future and sends you all his best in his own words.

Discussion

Old Oct 02, 2013, 08:45 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,518 Posts
What a huge loss for Horizon but what a great new venture for John. Congrats John!!!
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2013, 09:29 PM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,136 Posts
I'm sure gonna miss John on the Horizon Team, but I now have a friend I trust at JetCat.

Best of wishes in your new job, John.

Mike McD
kingsflyer is offline Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Oct 19, 2013, 11:20 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,151 Posts
so John where abouts in Cali are you going to be ? any plans to head out near Edwards? i met you when you were out here before with Bob Somaski (RIP) back in your early jet days still at out here with EDF's Good luck and hope top see you soon.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:36 PM
United States, TX, Schertz
Joined Mar 2006
1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
so John where abouts in Cali are you going to be ? any plans to head out near Edwards? i met you when you were out here before with Bob Somaski (RIP) back in your early jet days still at out here with EDF's Good luck and hope top see you soon.
Rodger, I see where you used to fly with and knew Bob Somanski? When I was at Edwards in the 70's and 80's I used to fly with Bob. I remember his ICDF powered U-2. I always enjoyed being around Bob as he was a very nice and kind guy. When did he pass?

Ed
A10pilot is online now Find More Posts by A10pilot