HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2004, 03:25 PM
Joined Oct 2003
2,421 Posts
Hi guys,the first brushless external rotor motor will come in at 20grams and will draw about 5amps unloaded running a 4x4 prop on a 2s1p 340 pack however,if this motor does good in the market(and I'm sure it will at the price we will be asking)there will soon follow a 10gram micro external rotor motor.It will pull about the same amp draw,I have been testing the prototype 10gram motor at 10amp draw with a perfict track record on a 6oz PCW at around 100mph.Any one of these motors will be AWESOME on Brad's(AIR MOVER)great little WindBuster.Have you completed you motor yet Brad?Can't waite to here a flight report.

OK,thats enough for me,this thread is about WindBusters so back on track please.Matt
Matthew Cotten is offline Find More Posts by Matthew Cotten
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2004, 03:59 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
Thankyou for the Info ! Looking forward to the 10g motor with a gws 3030 and useing the 340 kokams.. looking for about 3.5 amps at full throttle if possible..The motor I have is just waiting on a working esc....
AIR MOVER is offline Find More Posts by AIR MOVER
Old Jan 26, 2004, 11:36 AM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
I have a two left, for anyone intrested.. =)
Last edited by AIR MOVER; Jan 26, 2004 at 02:00 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 05:00 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
Building planes .. also note a finished plane with everything done .. landing gear on hinged .. mounts for the Rx batts esc.. total all up weight minus wheels.. (16g) is turning out tobe the norm.. I will post a link to photo's and how too's when I get closer tobeing finished with this order..
Old Jan 27, 2004, 03:38 PM
anaheim, CA
Joined Jan 2002
0 Posts
I'll take one. email istari@earthlink.net
richT is offline Find More Posts by richT
Old Jan 27, 2004, 07:45 PM
Scott Summersgill
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Feb 2001
558 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but I am very interested in the development of the 10g Little Screamer motor. Matt, please keep us ezoner's posted on the development of this little guy.

Thanks,
Scott
smsgill is offline Find More Posts by smsgill
Old Jan 28, 2004, 12:10 AM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
Yes Im very intrested in the cd rom craze too.. and am a avid learner.. I will in time have cdrom motors for these planes.. as a option with the planes.. Im going to test this motor out on this
Racer.. for those who want to learn here is some tricks..
first cut a gws 50 motor in half the bolt pattern matches close enough to the back of a standard 23mm cdrom motor.. what this does for me is allows the use of a metal clip that holds the motor but will allow it to pop out during a bad crash.. these type clips work great for holding the gws50 and if your local electronic store has them try it, this one is a single cell battery clip for a AA battery.. also look at fuse clip holders some are made of thin light metal.. I have fuse clips large enough to hold 300 size motors.. and they have saved me from many chances to bend a motor shaft.. Im going to test a cox 3X1.2 with a gws hyperdrive spinner.. my goal is to get the run time with the vertical.. Im shooting for 3.5amps max draw..
Been very busy so sorry havent had any more input on this thread.. but busy is good.
Thankyou again everyone .

Brad
Old Jan 28, 2004, 12:49 AM
Do U Kno Who's Yur Daddy?
Don't let everybody know, otherwise Im dead D/FWTx
Joined Dec 2002
623 Posts
Hope you still remember my two. Will have my other up and flying this weekend
Andy
thechosen1one is offline Find More Posts by thechosen1one
Old Jan 28, 2004, 02:03 AM
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Joined Jan 2004
426 Posts
I'll take one, PM sent
Flying Weasle is offline Find More Posts by Flying Weasle
Old Jan 28, 2004, 02:07 AM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
fantasic looking forward to seeing it fly.. should be a blast on the cdrom motor.. what size batts are you going to use?..I will drive over to your side of town let me know .. I hope to have a working esc then and will bring this plane and the 18in span and the other.. span for you to work on for testing.. Andy will be a big help flying..my planes with cd rom motors.. This green wing was talor made for gws 50 motors for perfomance above average// However .. there are some of us who are trying the next level with these small planes .. I will be detailing all possible motors .. such as the Johnson 250 .. Im also counting on you guys to try a few things yourselfs .. as I will be focusing on cd rom motors(new to me) now that im finished testing the gws50.
I would like to see some raceing with these planes.. There made tough and very very field repairable.. as far as structure...Im looking forward to shareing with all of you .
Old Jan 28, 2004, 02:32 AM
Do U Kno Who's Yur Daddy?
Don't let everybody know, otherwise Im dead D/FWTx
Joined Dec 2002
623 Posts
Will be running kokam1500HD 2s, Might go ahead and throw on my 1100 Tanic 3s just for grins, kind of to see what it takes to rip the wings off this thing. Just have to keep my 5min epoxy handy. Makin some killer motors, looking to get 40000 rpm or so!!!!!
thechosen1one is offline Find More Posts by thechosen1one
Old Jan 28, 2004, 03:02 AM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
wow 40 k..! Andy has a mono 22 with a much more robust wing then the green wing Racer.. shape is like the 20 mono but the wood type was made for 300H 7.2v motors.. .. his cd rom motor on 1500 2cells should be some major thrills. Im not sure about the wieght of the 1500s but the cd rom motor saves weight on wing loading for sure..Its speeds and airloads on the airframe thats my concern ... induceing tremendous forces .. here is a link for anyone wanting to know air loads on there flying surfaces and what servo's to use.
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/eflight/calcs_servo.htm
Old Jan 30, 2004, 04:14 AM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
Update.... tons of balsa dust everywhere.. stacks of wings and tail feathers .. down to makeing landing gears ..tail skids and the fuselages.. and hinging ailerons and elevators..
Old Jan 30, 2004, 08:08 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,763 Posts
Here are some numbers

I tried several props and batteries and charted them out. No 40k here, but I'm still very pleased with the results.
Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Jan 30, 2004, 10:38 AM
gainesville FL
Joined Jan 2002
1,390 Posts
hey brad/airmover....can i still order one of these?...I'd just need 1
guyaneze is offline Find More Posts by guyaneze