HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2004, 12:15 AM
Houston, TX
Joined May 2003
744 Posts
I took some pictures of my Windbuster down at the Silent Electric Flyers of San Diego field. It was a nice day considering it was supposed to rain.

Here are some flight pictures:
hybris is offline Find More Posts by hybris
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2004, 12:16 AM
Houston, TX
Joined May 2003
744 Posts
ROG, hand launch and landing:
Old Nov 17, 2004, 02:19 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
Hybris!!!!!!!! very nice inflight shots... How was the roll out on that dirt road.. looks doable..love the under side shot in the air...side profile too.. the blue really shows up on the landings... ty for sharing.. =)

Have you heard from any of the guys who bought the kits out there yet..?

Brad
AIR MOVER is offline Find More Posts by AIR MOVER
Last edited by AIR MOVER; Nov 17, 2004 at 02:21 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 02:33 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,247 Posts
I'm jealous,
Look at the background scenery!! He's in San Diego playing, and I'm in Tacoma looking at the gloom, rain and That wonderful "Tacoma Aroma". We need to try and get some side by side in flight shots too! As good as Hybris is, we should try and get a "mirror Image" shot, his inverted under mine. He can do it, but who will take the shot?
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Nov 17, 2004, 02:39 PM
Houston, TX
Joined May 2003
744 Posts
No, I haven't heard yet. I haven't made it back up there. I'll have to drop them a line.

I like flying down there at the SEF field. I had a good time. The guys at SEFSD were very impressed. They hope I can bring some to MWE Show in February.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 02:41 PM
Houston, TX
Joined May 2003
744 Posts
The ROG was difficult esp. with no rudder. The wind was blowing 45 deg to the runway. I think I took off to quick because it was all over the place for the first couple of seconds.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 06:44 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Brad

Where are you getting the Cirus servos from?

Any Chance of getting a underside shot of the "Hotwing"?

Thanks

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Old Nov 19, 2004, 11:50 PM
Houston, TX
Joined May 2003
744 Posts
The little 4.4gram Cirrus servos are from www.hobbypeople.net
CS-4.4 $29.99 (I got some on sale for $15)

You can get the same servo, much cheaper, from www.rc-dymond.com
D44 $19.95
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:46 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
These look to be around the same size as the GWS PICO Servos.

Mal
Old Nov 20, 2004, 09:42 PM
Houston, TX
Joined May 2003
744 Posts
They are considerably smaller than the Picos and the Picos are over 6grams. The Picos are much better servos though.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 10:43 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Well I Will have to take a look at the size of the wing when it gets here. if i can use the Pico`s I will.

Mal
Old Nov 21, 2004, 12:51 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,247 Posts
Hi Guys,
Well I got brave today and put the "Super Hot Experimental" motor on this morning. But I ran it with the 8 mag can instead of the 10 mag can brad shipped it with. The 10 mag can's shaft was loose and I haven't had a chance to remove the mags and solder it yet. Well here's the results; my wing folded right in the middle to the left side of the servo. I remember when Hybris changed out his original motor for the Hot motor and it looked 20mph faster, though radar proved it to be like 10mph, well the same type of thing here. While I had radar showing 98mph with the last motor Brad sent me, I'd have to say this one was way faster! Even if like Hybris' it is only 10mph, at least that would finally put us over the magic 3 digit number. I didn't have anyone there to hold the radar and see before the wing failed, but I'm telling you it was rippin'. Good thing I had Air Mover send me another wing a while back. The battery mount and wing mount are broke off too. Fixable in about 1 hour, but the wing will need to be re-inforced before I put that monster motor back on for sure. And I don't know how it would run with the 10 mag can! The prop tips were curled forward and creased. And this motor sounds like it's putting a hurtin' on those GWS 4x4's for sure. We'll need better props and a carbon wing to go any further. I'm going to restore it to the dual strand 8 mag set up and just be happy We'll need further development in the wing and props for sure.
Hybris,
You are welcome to try this monster motor but I think it will end up in the same results, A heart rate of about 190bpm and a busted up Buster. I think we finally reached the max of this airframes capabilities. Now I can just relax and fly my 90 mph hot rod and be content
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Nov 21, 2004, 02:11 AM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
Mal you can use the pico's just alittle more case size.

If your wing folded must of been well in the 120's Im sure the motor was way faster.. what can be done is to move up to thicker airfoils.. I use to make larger windbusters for 280 350 size can motors with nicads.. used a thicker foil for those weights.. for the brushless windbusters I can make them plenty robust way over just to cover your self if you move up to double stator motors.. hint hint lol.. =) my tripple stator special was clocked at over 50mph with a 2cell pack of 2100's the motor was used in a outrigger hydro of my design..with 2cell 1320's and a 25amp esc I was able to bust 40mph. in a plane the motor would be ballistic on 1320's nice thick airfoil and Im sure its possible to hit 150mph

Brad
AIR MOVER is offline Find More Posts by AIR MOVER
Old Dec 10, 2004, 04:20 PM
USA, TX, Mission
Joined Oct 2004
231 Posts
Brad....Have waited almost two months for you to send the motors I paid for on Oct 12th....why have you suddenly stopped answering email and phone calls? Your earlier promises of shipping "in a day or so" have fallen flat...and it looks like I am not the only one left hanging....with you having our money and we nothing!....Busconv
busconv is offline Find More Posts by busconv
Old Dec 10, 2004, 05:06 PM
Orlando Int, Florida, United States
Joined Dec 2003
1,196 Posts
LOL, join the club. Check out this thread in the vender section. BTW, I didn't start the thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301677
Mac8 is offline Find More Posts by Mac8