Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 25, 2004, 03:17 PM
Why not Delta?
Sacramento, CA
Joined Jun 2003
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR MOVER
by using the closest hole to center on the servo horn and the furthest hole on the control surface horn.. im able to reduce by mech means enough to make the plane flyable by me..and its soft enough on the controls that most could get the nak
That's my setup. Pushrod near the servo's shaft and at the tip of horn on the wing. I use full deflection but 60% expo. This way I have it soft on highs peed and crazy insane roll rate at the same time. I never had a problem with landing - at 5oz it lands very fast, but it's so smooth that I can fly it rolling on the runway.

BTW I'm using cheap micro servo from Balsaproducts.com (it's called HES).

RysiuM
rysium is offline Find More Posts by rysium
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2004, 04:08 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,259 Posts
I told them you had a 13" available, but they all thought it was only for the original IPS set up. I don't know Brad, Marty is the best small plane pilot I've seen, and he is unsure about a 13" span Buster! Have you actually flown it with the motor you sent me?? That would be one nasty lawn dart!! Mine gets away so quick and with 3" less to see I can't imagine it. I think I would pay to watch marty fly it though. What the heck, bring your helmuts and safety glasses. Let's have a Wind Buster pylon event!!
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Oct 25, 2004, 04:57 PM
Houston, TX
Joined May 2003
744 Posts
13" . . . no problem

We will have to stiffen up the controls. Have to have no slop. Probably ball links and lets push 100mph level flight w/o fuse!

We may want to try a delta wing.
hybris is offline Find More Posts by hybris
Old Oct 25, 2004, 05:05 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,259 Posts
Heck Marty,
Neither of our planes have any slop. I tell you, put that other hotter motor I have on your plane and let 'er rip!!
Old Oct 25, 2004, 05:39 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
Here is a wing spans 20in think a reduced 18in would be enough area.
also pic of the lil 13.5 wing.. I just fly this lil guy on low rates .. the first few test flights had the mech throws to minimal and about 45% .. its not so and can roll slow or fast... can increase tail moment and change up the size of the ailerons.. and elevator... the 2cell 730's would be perfect...
AIR MOVER is offline Find More Posts by AIR MOVER
Old Oct 25, 2004, 05:58 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,259 Posts
Is it a delta? Pusher or puller? It seems it can't make up it's mind. Seriously, what is the configuration for this set up? C.G. would be absolutely critical on that.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 06:10 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
look between the rubber bands .. there is a black dot..thats just under 3in from the leading edge... I located the sweet spot by doing glide tests... you can move the cg around up or back total travel about half a inch... slight forward cg works best on windy days...and this one ended up flying with a 180 DD .. the 300 slapped on there just to show over all size.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 08:31 PM
Orlando Int, Florida, United States
Joined Dec 2003
1,196 Posts
Brad,

I sent a couple PMs and emails over the last few days with no replies. I need an update on the order I placed almost 2 weeks ago.

Mac8
Mac8 is offline Find More Posts by Mac8
Old Oct 29, 2004, 11:13 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR MOVER
look between the rubber bands .. there is a black dot..thats just under 3in from the leading edge... I located the sweet spot by doing glide tests... you can move the cg around up or back total travel about half a inch... slight forward cg works best on windy days...and this one ended up flying with a 180 DD .. the 300 slapped on there just to show over all size.

I LOVE IT!! You have any for sale?

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Old Oct 30, 2004, 02:46 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
pm sent Mac.
Yes Kushal if you want to try one let me know as im about to send out your wing and motor..

Brad
Old Oct 30, 2004, 07:01 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
YES PLEASE I Would LOVE TO TRY ONE!

Mal
Old Oct 30, 2004, 08:15 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
ok PM sent.. if anyone wants to try a wing .. they require the pusher motor .. which is set up to spin the 4040's and 4540's..also I mount the mags out further on the bell to help keep the pusher prop from cuasing excess rubbing on the bearing... two cell packs help keep the weight down... motor mounts on a carbon tube slash ply plate arangement.. im willing to sell these for 50.00 motor plane combo....if bought in lots of 5 price is 45.00 per.

If you love flying wings..... this ones a real heart thumper with the HOT/HOT setup..

I like the HOT/Mild wing combo best all around... as you can always throttle back..

However I have setup the mild motor on the mild wing with light 2cell packs and was amazed how well it floated around yet still flew fast

1 test was with ETech 240s and mild motor with the smaller 4040... this combo is light enough for indoor/with the mild wing
ask for the special micro mild motor if your seeking super light..

2nd test kokam340's mild motor with 4540.. sweet and smooth yet fast when you want it..again ask for the micro motor ../mild wing

3rd use TP730's-860's
mild wing with hot motor.. best of both worlds .. mix of high end speed with very good floating manors with TP730's and reasonble with the bigger 860's..

Hot/Mild.... allows the use of the smaller micro mild motor and lighter batts to make up for the smaller hot wing.. this is a good high speed sport setup with the 340's-730's... use the 4040 with 340's and 4540 with 730's....

Hot/HOt...
standard hot motor with hot wing made for 730's up to the 1100's very very fast yet comes in reasonble .. does take skill to land well once you get the knack of throttle control to the ground its no bear just a tigger by its tail... fly over thick grass and your good to go....

Brad
Last edited by AIR MOVER; Oct 30, 2004 at 08:46 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 02:41 PM
Orlando Int, Florida, United States
Joined Dec 2003
1,196 Posts
Brad,

This is the 5th try to contact you within a week.

Please refund my $121 ASAP. If I don't recieve a refund by tomorrow, I'm going to file a complaint with paypal. This will put a hold on your account for 30 days or until the resolution is resolved. I've already spoke with a PP rep. and started the process.

Chuck M.
Mac8 is offline Find More Posts by Mac8
Old Nov 10, 2004, 04:14 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Brad

Can we get a look at the underside of the Hotwing? What servos are you using? I have a some Pico`s i thought would work well as they are a bit smaller. They should provide enough Torque for this wing No?

Mal
Old Nov 11, 2004, 11:11 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
Pm sent Chuck.. email was down.. and didnt know I had messages.

sent pm to Mal .. for others to know too the cirrus 5.4g .. are ideal all small cased servo's =)