Bring on the jet!
hybris is offline Find More Posts by hybris
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2004, 06:19 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
Ok Hybris PM me let me know what rotor shroud you have so I can match up the plane to it..

Bob tell me how wide your batts are you will be using and I will make it to suit...
AIR MOVER is offline Find More Posts by AIR MOVER
Old Sep 14, 2004, 06:27 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
I bet the inclosed fuse will add about 10mph plus in speed...might be a real shocker and really pick up some extra mph... at 70mph there is for sure some drag .. and yes will make it as sleeeek and sexy as the batteries will allow...
Old Sep 14, 2004, 06:59 PM
Watts your motivation
San Bernardino, CA
Joined Aug 2003
6,512 Posts
I'd like it just for the clean looks. Might even help protect the batts if there was no LG. Sleeek and sexy!

Justin
roccobro is offline Find More Posts by roccobro
Old Sep 14, 2004, 07:08 PM
Why not Delta?
Sacramento, CA
Joined Jun 2003
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent
I kinda like the noise, but the extra speed would be cool !!
Sometimes the noise is the only way you can locate the plane. Last weekend I did snap roll straight to the sun with my shocky. I lost it completly - I couldn't see it, and I couldn't heare it (brushless diredt drive motor). After 5 seconds of panic I located it 30 ft behind me 3 ft abouve the ground trying to fly into the pits. I was lucky to save it

Wind Buster even now is the same quiet (comparing to mu mini zagi )
But yes, I want to see the pictures of the fuse. Will it fit 3 cells 830? This is what I'm flying.

Three views of my plane below.

RysiuM
rysium is offline Find More Posts by rysium
Old Sep 14, 2004, 09:18 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
I will make sure the belly can handle 3cell packs.. I cant see needing any more then a 3cell pack of 1100's max..If you give me your numbers on batt size I can custom fit the fuselage profile.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 09:53 PM
Why not Delta?
Sacramento, CA
Joined Jun 2003
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR MOVER
I will make sure the belly can handle 3cell packs
My problem is ESC limit. Motor turns 3.5x4.0 custom cut prop at 22500 rpm (static) taking 11.5A. I can't run like that for long time with CC10 and Apoge 830. I hope it unloads in the air. I need to measure it next time (rpm and speed). Anyway static prop speed is over 85mph. Now slick fuselage and it will run 100mph

RysiuM
Old Sep 14, 2004, 10:26 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,653 Posts
My plane and hybris' are almost identical, yet mine makes a completely different sound than his. The only real difference between them is the main landing gear, mine is 1 size in diameter larger than his, and his plane is 2in longer. Oh well, I do like the sound. I guess if I lost it in a turn the "woosh" going past my head would help me find it!
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Sep 14, 2004, 10:30 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
Rysium maybe you need one of my motors.. I can turn up a 4040 at 24.6k plus on two cells run time on 860's is well over 12mins.
if your at 11.5 static your fine.. a delta wind wont unload the amps as well in the air.. I have found that the wye winds unload more amps unloaded.
also a slick fuselage will help knock off some inflight amps for chur.. what is the thickness and width of those cells.. with a belly hatch .. batt change outs will be fast.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 10:46 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,653 Posts
I like the idea of quick battery swaps But how much extra weight will we need to lug around to acomplish this?
Old Sep 14, 2004, 11:12 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
Well the only other way is to go with having to remove the wing to pop in a pack.. the hatch bit I have done many times its not going to add much extra weight.. there is nothing lighter then the reg windbuster.. but the fuse has its perks.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 11:40 PM
Why not Delta?
Sacramento, CA
Joined Jun 2003
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR MOVER
I can turn up a 4040 at 24.6k plus on two cells run time on 860's is well over 12mins.
What's your motor data? I mean winding, magnets? I can check it out.

The belly hatch must extend to cover all the electronics and wires, but at the same time it needs to allow cooling air to go thorugh ESC and the battery. I had CC10 closed inside mini zagi wing, and it overheated (read: "smoked") at 8-9A. My 830 will be good for 10A al long as I cool them well.

As for the dimmensions the hatch should cover the stuff 2 ich wide (the same as the battery plywood support). I have a clean area between wing and the battery all the way along the wing chord (all my stuff is under the mounts) so between the mount and the bottom of the battery there is 7/8inch. The sidtance between the front of the battery and the tail servo is 5 inches. The battery is 3/4 inch behind the landing gear. See the picture for the explanation.

RysiuM
Old Sep 15, 2004, 06:43 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
Good pics!
Will post a shot of the new fuselage soon.
Try a two strand 7T 24g wye 8mag 8pole
" " 6T 24g 8m 8p
11 or 12T 24g 6m 6p
6T 22g 12m12p
3strand 6T 26g 10m 10p
5T 20g 8m 8p
Old Sep 15, 2004, 07:25 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,653 Posts
Oh AirMover, My fingers are already so sore!! and you keep throwing out all these wind ideas I can barely get 4t of 22g on 22.7 as it is, let alone 6t or 5t of 20g!! "EEGADS" my poor fingers are trying to go on strike as it is, but my mind keeps on imagining all the test possibilities and possible speed!!!
Old Sep 17, 2004, 04:38 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,653 Posts
That'l leave a mark!

Well Brad it happened! It cleared up long enough and I put her up with the "Dual Strand". We now know the limit of the wing! I don't know which was more impressive, The speed this thing was moving, or its ability to stop in the air so quickly. Yep! My WindBuster did the Hybris manuever, Wing explosion at about 85mph!! Funny thing was no flutter at all. I wasn't diving in, just straight and level....... BOOM!!! How cool was that!! Best part.. No damage except where the wing split in two pieces along the grain pattern. Sudden stop in the air and the most impressive no power Harrier I've ever seen It almost looks like it was cut with an exacto blade. Guess I'll be needin' a new wing The next wing gets a piece of packing tape along the bottom There seems to be a Demon in the air, We keep chasin' him, but soon we'll get past him.
Bob