here is the top view..
AIR MOVER is offline Find More Posts by AIR MOVER
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2004, 04:19 AM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
mounting the motor is a no brainer for ease and replacement.. also aids in crashes .. you can use a round file and run a groove for the motor to sit in .. dont have to go down deep just a shallow .5mm is enough.. tad of right thrust or none .. observe its vertical climb see if you need it..
Old Feb 21, 2004, 04:22 AM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
Once again im a big fan of rubber bands .... here shows the simple mounting of a 2 cell 340kokam pack.. crossing the rubber as shown is a plus.. also I show the speed control sitting on its mount next to it would be the Rx not shown as mine are all being tied up on other planes.. I use the smallest 4ch gws sells.. there cheap and light...most of all small..
Old Feb 21, 2004, 04:35 AM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
CG 1in from leading edge
set control throw at 50% or mechanicaly adjust for minimum throw I recomend no more then half inch up or down to start with .. these are fast planes and dont need much throw to respond well.. YOU WILL CRASH IF YOU USE BIGGER THROWS.
For wheels use dubro tail wheels for park flyers they come two per package and adapt perfect for the landing gear .. these wheels are best suited for flying over grass...there for protection of the lipoly cells.. more so for looks then anything else.. you can take off from hard surfaces with them but I recomend half inch wheels for Rogs and landings.... I use dubro micro control horns on the alerons .. the elevator already has the horn installed for you... these are as straight forward as I can make them for being very functional and provide good performance .. yet robust and able to take abusive landings... enjoy guys these are a blast to fly take alittle trimming and tweaking on the first flights after that there good to go windy or calm weather there able to make it happen for you.. I use Hi Lighter markers on my wing tips the wood comes presanded smooth for decorating..
Old Feb 21, 2004, 01:44 PM
gainesville FL
Joined Jan 2002
1,390 Posts
just got mine...
guyaneze is offline Find More Posts by guyaneze
Old Feb 21, 2004, 01:47 PM
Springfield, MO
Joined Dec 2003
470 Posts
Just go mine......Don
Synthetic is offline Find More Posts by Synthetic
Old Feb 21, 2004, 01:58 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
GREAT !.. when you can post some pics of your set up and decorations flight reports .. looking forward to hearing from everyone..=)
Old Feb 21, 2004, 02:03 PM
gainesville FL
Joined Jan 2002
1,390 Posts
15.5 inch windbuster kit contents

this is what i got...
brad does a great job..the lines are cut very clean and the hinge spaces are sooooo tiny
Old Feb 21, 2004, 02:05 PM
gainesville FL
Joined Jan 2002
1,390 Posts
windbuster wheels

I'm thinking of not using wheels on mine...I fly off grass all the time anyway....but....I tried these ones to see if they would fit.....if i did go with wheels....this is what i'd use....its the smallest I have...
they are 1" diameter....dubro i think...
Old Feb 21, 2004, 02:10 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
yes this helps reduce drag and improve lift.. the elevator is double hinged if you wish double hinge the ailerons too simply fold back the surface flush to the top wing and add a strip of clear tape..this will help if your useing more power then the gws motor.. As you can tell everything is sanded smooth inclueding the boom.. all the flying surfaces are ready to go with a nice foil ... even the vertical stab gets special attention for speed duration.. performance by keeping the drag down..=)
Old Feb 21, 2004, 02:11 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
yess too big and wayyy tooo draggy.. use small light plastic tail wheels sold by dubro.. there perfect low drag wheels even small buttons with a hole drilled out the center would work perfect!!
Old Feb 21, 2004, 02:16 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
here is one solution..
Old Feb 21, 2004, 02:24 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
Here is a favorite wheel for looks.. these are 3/4dia lil robust but the perfect choice for landing and takeing off from the street...use the dubro 1/2 in wheels for grass flying. Hint.... I use magnet wire 26gage and rap a few turns around the wheel axle .. then slide it off and add a dab of CA to hold it it place works fantastic.. and looks good..
Last edited by AIR MOVER; Feb 21, 2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2004, 02:27 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
I use these Du-Bro micro control horns.. however thin ply or thin plastic will work just as good the trick is makeing them identical in height ..for good smooth even roll rates.. im lazy and just buy these..
Old Feb 21, 2004, 02:38 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
If you notice how the vertical stab mounts to the top of the horizontal stab you will see there is going tobe some partial glueing of the vertical stab onto the boom .. I mounted your tail skid too far back simply unrap and dry fit the tail feathers to find the proper location for the tail skid.. ideal is to mount the tail skid as far back as possible.. for best protection of the tail feathers ..during your landings..