HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2013, 08:45 AM
Joined Jun 2013
12 Posts
Help!
JXD 340 Drift King helicopter donot fly

Hi, I bought JXD 340 Drift king (4 channel) helicopter last year and periodically I flew it on average of 1.5 -2 months of gap. Last time, almost 2 months back I flew it very well - no crash, the battery was completely discharged then I charge it by using USB and once the charging was complete; I stored it (in the original box it comes in). NOTE: every time I do this I made sure both helicopter and transmitter is turned to “OFF” before charging the helicopter. Now after almost 2 months, I took it out , switch “ON” the helicopter it lights up and the light blinks as usual. Then once the frequency was set with transmitter I moved the lever forward to spin the blade. Once I push the lever forward (upwards), the blades spin for 2-3 seconds and then stops. Then I pull back the lever on transmitter to center and when I push back the lever forward again, it does the same thing! Spins for 2-3 seconds and stops. Never go off the ground.

Now I am not sure what is the problem with it. Helicopter charges well, I drained the battery and then charge it again. But still face the same problem. I also tried changing the all 6 batteries on transmitter and faced the same issue.

Can anyone please help with this? Do I have to change the battery on Helicopter? Also, if I have to, can I use 240mah 3.7v instead of what came originally (200mah 3.7v) will this make difference in performance?
Farooqrahat is offline Find More Posts by Farooqrahat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2013, 03:37 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,473 Posts
Its a piece of garbage don't waste your time get a V911. Really they are junk.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jun 25, 2013, 06:52 AM
Joined Jun 2013
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Its a piece of garbage don't waste your time get a V911. Really they are junk.
Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 01:07 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,897 Posts
@Farooqrahat:

It sounds like you have damaged your battery. A new one is easy to install.

You will get more useful help over on this forum.

What they don't tell you is that the li-po battery must not be fully discharged. As soon as full throttle is required to lift you must stop, rest and cool the battery for 10 min, then charge it. Wait 10 min again after charging.

The battery must also not be stored fully charged. If you are not going to fly for a while, fly a fully charged battery for about 2 min. before storing. IME that gets it close enough to a safe storage charge.

You will find most people here to be very helpful, but not all. And note that cross-posting is also frowned upon.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jun 29, 2013, 11:52 AM
Joined Jun 2013
12 Posts
@gordonzo

Thank you for replying. I tried changing the battery this morning. And it does the same thing again! This trick din't worked for me

As I mentioned in my initial post above it still does the same thing. I wonder if the main motor is gone. Any idea what could went wrong? Anyone can help please.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:28 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
You need to check the voltage of the battery before and after you attempt to fly. Otherwise, all you can do is guess and then you might just as well toss the thing out, because by the time you replace everything it might be (battery, charger, motor, board) you could have bought a better heli. You really need a voltmeter for this hobby.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jun 30, 2013, 01:10 AM
Joined Jun 2013
12 Posts
@Balr14
I checked the voltage it's 3.7v... I guess you are right but just can't let it go as I liked it.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 01:30 AM
Joined Jun 2013
12 Posts
Do you think it could be the transmitter fault?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 02:27 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
3.7v means it's low. Not enough to fly most aircraft. It needs to be around 4.2v after charging.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 03:05 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,473 Posts
If your battery has 3.7 v after charging its either battery or charger or both.
Do as you may but really putting effort into a very low grade heli. I have one from last year and battery went south after 25 flights. Never bothered to fix it. It did fly fine for a short time but tx is mode four. Ass backwards from mode two.
Blade makes two nice co-ax helis/ WL toys has them also. If you like helis get a V911 f/p 4ch, single rotor and fly a real heli.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 04:23 AM
Joined Jun 2013
12 Posts
@Balr14 - Thank you. But I was talking about the capacity.. that is what came originally.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 04:36 AM
Joined Jun 2013
12 Posts
@Dankar04

Hmmm... din't knew this was coming. Okay. looks like time to change my Heli.
Thank you!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:17 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Dankar is right. There's very little to recommend the Drift King. It's certainly a very poor learning tool.

But, FYI: battery capacity is a nominal value. All lipos are rated at 3.7v per cell. It's actual capacity is 4.2 - 4.3v per cell, when charged. I rarely go below 3.7v per cell when discharged or you risk battery damage.
Old Jul 01, 2013, 01:29 AM
Joined Jun 2013
12 Posts
Thank you! I have good news. My Drift king is up again. the problem was not with the battery but was with the motor gear which is connected to blade gear, it was touching the circuit board. That was causing an connection with electric board (sorry if I am not using correct terms here). I did some research and this is how I found my problem fixed.
Old Jul 01, 2013, 12:31 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,473 Posts
Good for you getting it going. Maybe down the road give V911 a try. One fine low cost heli.