HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2013, 02:10 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Discussion
FMS 1450mm P-51 V8

Okay, let's face it, it's inevitable, the FMS P-51 version 8 is on the horizon!

===========================

*NOTE: All links are in Bold/Italic print.

The intention for starting this new thread devoted to the FMS 1450mm P-51 was because the moderator of the FMS/airfield p-51 version7 thread, rcplaner214, seems to be no longer around? He's the only one that can amend anything eg: change title, index the opening post to include updated info, etc. Because of this, there is no way to take the reference "Airfield" out of the title which is still causing some confusion in some to think Nitroplanes is still a vendor for FMS!

I promise, as moderator of this thread, that I will keep all new information pertaining to the FMS 1450mm P-51 from V1 thru V8 (when it's available) current! I will use this opening page to post any new developments coming down the pike from FMS.

Because there are multiple threads here on RCG devoted to the FMS P-51 (see below), if anyone has something relative that they would like to share, I will be happy to post their links here as well.

~FMS 1450mm P-51 threads~

Giant FMS EPO P-51.....NICE.....with 16859 posts covering over 1124 pgs. and now almost 4 yrs, old, it's the grandaddy of them all, starting back with the inception of the FMS P-51 V1, and still going strong!
Fms/airfield p-51 version7.....with 2759 posts on 184 pgs. it's the most current FMS P-51 thread running to date.
FMS 1450MM P-51B Mustang....with 2778 posts on 186 pgs. primarily devoted to the newer "B" model.

*NOTE*: I will keep the first two posts open as index's so that if anyone has additional information they would like to add, I'll be able to amend the contents.

===========================

Here is the list of FMS Dealers/Distributors World-Wide.

~U.S.A.~
MotionRC Lake Barrington, IL~FMS Online retailer and exclusive dealer for ROCHobby
Diamond Hobby Tallahassee FL~FMS online retailer and distributor to North American LHS

~Canada~
Hi-Performance Distributors~FMS distributor to LHS.

~Asia~
FMS Dongguan City, China~Shenzhen Famous Electronic Tech Co., Ltd
PW-RC Tin Shui Wai H.K.~FMS online retailer.
RC Castle Kwun Tong, Kln, HK.~FMS online retailer.
Hobby Paradise Kwun Tong, Kln, H.K.~FMS online retailer.

~UK.~
CML DISTRIBUTION Bromsgrove, Worcestershire

~Germany~
Manticore-RC-FMS distributor.

~France~
Beez2b~FMS HLC, LHS.

~Brazil~
Asas Eletricas~FMS online retailer.

~Australia~
Xtreme Hobby~FMS online retailer
RC High Performance Hobbies~FMS online retailer
ACE Hobby Distributors~FMS Distributors
Kellett's Hobbies~FMS online retailer

~Austria~
Schweighofer~FMS online retailer.

=========================

I was informed today by Leo Hou/Deputy General Manager FMS that there may be a new totally redesigned P-51 in the not so distant future? Not this year, but possibly next year, fingers crossed, as it's still in the designing stages. To quote Leo...."trust me, I can guarantee it is the best P-51 you've ever seen!" I've had the privilege to see a few of the proposed improvements and I'm already excited!

Until then, we can expect some subtle upgrades to the V7.5 P-51 such as those Moonbeam/Derik enlightened us to on his new "D" model he received from Diamond Hobby the other day. They include the new PAEP 4250-540kv motor, the sliding battery tray with enlarged batt. compartment, the newer tail feather assembly, and open air scoop intake. It looks like FMS has taken some of the kewl features from their "B" model and Incorporated them to the "D"!
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Sandancer; Jun 13, 2014 at 04:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2013, 02:11 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Reserved for future use.

Reserved for future use!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2013, 03:42 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,790 Posts
Value Hobby sells FMS as well and If you live in or around Lomita ,Cali Pacific Coast Hobbies as well
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Jun 21, 2013, 04:01 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemynameis View Post
Value Hobby sells FMS as well and If you live in or around Lomita ,Cali Pacific Coast Hobbies as well
I couldn't find any reference to this plane, just 800mm's at Value Hobby. I'll post Pacific Coast. Thanks!

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:34 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,122 Posts
Sandancer, I got your PM. If that "reserved slot" is to copy my post, go ahead!

Yes folks, it's true!! It looks like what I have in my hanger just might be one of the first V8 Mustangs with some new features that I think will make a lot of people happy. I'll wait to see if Sandancer copies my post to that reserved slot so everyone can see it earlier in the thread. The ONLY thing it needs to be 100% complete is the wiring harness for the wing. The motor is really just a change of manufacturers as it's still a 540kv. And to be honest, other than the power of it which I have yet to test, the only thing different about it is the name and color. The can itself looks exactly the same.

My plan is to fly it a while as is before repainting it into "Moonbeam McSwine" like the last one. But to be perfectly honest, I repainted the last one after only 5 flights because it flew exactly the same all 5 flights. There were no bugs to work out and everything was beautiful with the flight handling. After all, what makes a plane great is having it exactly the way you want it, right?

A lil "Memorial" pic of the fallen (literally!), "Moonbeam McSwine":
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Jun 22, 2013, 09:46 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,122 Posts
Upgrades!!

Here's what my new "Petie 2nd" (still listed as a version 7), had that all the others did not. It came from Diamond Hobby in Tallahassee, FL:

1. Sliding battery tray.
2. New branded motor, still 540kv.
3. Stronger interlocking vertical tail.
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:55 PM
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Jun 2012
176 Posts
This is fascinating information! I can't wait to see what other goodies they have in store for us. I'm a big fan of this series!
osonegro is offline Find More Posts by osonegro
Old Jun 23, 2013, 01:38 AM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Aug 2003
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
Here's what my new "Petie 2nd" (still listed as a version 7), had that all the others did not. It came from Diamond Hobby in Tallahassee, FL:

1. Sliding battery tray.
2. New branded motor, still 540kv.
3. Stronger interlocking vertical tail.
Motion rc simply answered the questions I posed about what would be included in the model I purchased. They are very knowledgeable, and usually answer within an hour or two. Yup, I'm getting the tray, and the harness.
Neiltony is offline Find More Posts by Neiltony
Old Jun 23, 2013, 01:44 AM
Joined Feb 2013
26 Posts
Just FYI on SN

Just a note on distributors in Canada. SN Hobbies is no longer an official FMS retailer. This comes straight from FMS and is not rumor. SN has lost their FMS retail status.
This from FMS this morning. "But SN hobby, our prior dealer in Canada, doesn't plan to do the after-sale service, which brings both the customers like you and FMS big troubles. This is the reason we cancel cooperating with him and seek for new dealer "
Creatch is offline Find More Posts by Creatch
Last edited by Creatch; Jun 23, 2013 at 01:48 AM. Reason: added info
Old Jun 23, 2013, 02:00 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiltony View Post
Motion rc simply answered the questions I posed about what would be included in the model I purchased. They are very knowledgeable, and usually answer within an hour or two. Yup, I'm getting the tray, and the harness.
Neil, if you go to my blog and scroll down to Highlighted Entries, then find FMS 1450mm P-51B Shangri-la: The Un-Boxing! (<-or just click on this link) you'll be able to see everything that will be included with your new "B".

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2013, 02:01 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creatch View Post
Just a note on distributors in Canada. SN Hobbies is no longer an official FMS retailer. This comes straight from FMS and is not rumor. SN has lost their FMS retail status.
This from FMS this morning. "But SN hobby, our prior dealer in Canada, doesn't plan to do the after-sale service, which brings both the customers like you and FMS big troubles. This is the reason we cancel cooperating with him and seek for new dealer "
Thanks, I'll take note of that.

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2013, 09:53 AM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
849 Posts
Shouldn't Banana Hobby be included in your listing?
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:16 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
Shouldn't Banana Hobby be included in your listing?
I was informed yesterday that BH is no longer a dealer/distributor for FMS. I'm waiting for a response back from FMS to confirm this, along with a list of their current D/D's around the world. When I get confirmation I'll up-date that list.

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:31 AM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,675 Posts
Yes, what about Banana Hobby? If FMS is concerned about after sale customer service, are they or are they not a dealer? Banana Hobby does not respond to multiple emails and refuses to answer any phone number listed, fortunately I am within driving distance and I was ably to actually knock on their door to get my "after sale customer service", the SN Hobby statement rings very hollow if Banana Hobby still sells FMS.
s2000 is offline Find More Posts by s2000
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:15 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000 View Post
Yes, what about Banana Hobby? If FMS is concerned about after sale customer service, are they or are they not a dealer? Banana Hobby does not respond to multiple emails and refuses to answer any phone number listed, fortunately I am within driving distance and I was ably to actually knock on their door to get my "after sale customer service", the SN Hobby statement rings very hollow if Banana Hobby still sells FMS.
As soon as I get a response back from FMS I'll post the info in the Dealer/Distributor list above.

Gary
RCG Plus Member