Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:15 AM
Joined Jun 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I have mine built and test flown indoor. All is well. This thing is darn awesome.

I'm running a Naze Afro Acro (my favorite FC) along with 20 amps ESCs and 2822 motors and 8 inch props.

Without a battery, my build weighs just over 500 grams. I have over 3000 grams of thrust setup on this bad boy...

Maiden outdoor flight scheduled for tomorrow. Rain or shine...

Really looking forward to it.

Best,
Chris

I bought this unit second hand from Chris. International shipping, I'm hoping it arrives this week. I can't wait to try it. I just watched your Vimeo damage test video, I can't believe what this thing will hold up to. I'm not planning on abusing my quad this much, but it's good to know it will hold up!

This is my first quad. I've flown airplanes before, and only have the old FM transmitters. Does anyone have any additional recommendations on a good 2.4ghz radio for this?

I'll be sure to post my first flight report when I get it going.
racer3822 is offline Find More Posts by racer3822
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2013, 08:47 PM
Croatia
Joined Nov 2009
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer3822 View Post
I bought this unit second hand from Chris. International shipping, I'm hoping it arrives this week. I can't wait to try it. I just watched your Vimeo damage test video, I can't believe what this thing will hold up to. I'm not planning on abusing my quad this much, but it's good to know it will hold up!

This is my first quad. I've flown airplanes before, and only have the old FM transmitters. Does anyone have any additional recommendations on a good 2.4ghz radio for this?

I'll be sure to post my first flight report when I get it going.
I'm glad you've got yourself a carbon piece
I'm sure you'll enjoy

I would not risked old FM and antenna inside..... but is shold work If the antenna is outside
2,4 is much better option my Hitec A9 and optima 9 are working flawlessly with antennas inside carbon hull
DeXX is offline Find More Posts by DeXX
Old Jan 09, 2014, 12:21 AM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,832 Posts
Hey guys,

I want to build one of these but I'm a noob when it comes to quads.
Main thing I can use some help with is a parts list that I can order up to get the ball rolling.
I want to attach a gopro to it so I'll be needing a mount for that.

Preferably I'd like to keep the cost down and get everything from hobby king.
I'd like the receiver to be dsm2 so I can bind it to my dx8.
I've built several helis, large and small so I do have build experience.

If sone of you can help me put a list together (links to HK parts possibly?) that would be great.

Thanks!
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn