SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 22, 2004, 03:01 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Oct 2003
476 Posts
An idea for mounting your Hacker in a GWS gearbox...

This idea came to me after I bought a Hacker B-20/26 but already had a motor stick installed on my plane to mount the GWS gearbox.

1. Remove the shaft and bearings from the gearbox. (Unless you just buy the gearbox plain)
2. Shave the front flush where the front bearing was.
3. I used a Hitec servo wheel, the large one that comes with the HS-700. Drill the center out to the correct size and also drill the two holes next to it for the mounting screws. I used the template that came with the motor.
4. Drill the four holes in the servo wheel to match up with the outer holes in the GWS gearbox. I drilled them just big enough so that the screws I used slid right through.
Insert the four screws, I used standard servo mounting screws. They will just self-tap into the gearbox.
5. Mount the Hacker and you're done. From there it just mounts like any GWS motor does, just slap on the stick.

For all of you who are using zip ties to throw your motor on, try this, you'll never go back.
rpvpilot is offline Find More Posts by rpvpilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2004, 03:03 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Oct 2003
476 Posts
side
rpvpilot is offline Find More Posts by rpvpilot
Old Jan 22, 2004, 04:48 PM
Striving to Rip the Bring
San Diego, socal, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, the Orion arm, Milky way, Universe
Joined Apr 2003
6,320 Posts
hmmmm...interesting. Elimenates expensive fussy integrated frontplate hacker gearboxes, saves money and effort throught the elimination, and get rid of zip ties.

Cool.

--Alex
raptor22 is offline Find More Posts by raptor22