HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2013, 04:28 PM
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Mar 2013
47 Posts
Discussion
witespy .....I he real?

I bought a few items from this Witespy guy ( ready to fly quads) and have had several question, a few which had to do with possibly purchasing more items but after a few emails and many voice mail messages I have had NO LUCK and NO CONTACT from the mysterious Paul "WITESPY".
so what do I do ? the reason I made these purchases from him is that HOBBY KING is just an absolute disaster when it comes to getting things on time and I figures I live in Florida so why not keep a Florida retailer in business.

Maybe its just this industry the retailers figure it's just a Hobby so they'll wait
bigjoel is offline Find More Posts by bigjoel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2013, 06:23 PM
serial scratchbuilder
Canada, BC, Mission
Joined Sep 2012
1,368 Posts
Paul is one man serving the globe producing and supplying quality hobby parts and I'm willing to bet he has a few unanswered questions in queue ahead of you.
Granted is offline Find More Posts by Granted
Old Jun 18, 2013, 08:14 PM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoel View Post
I bought a few items from this Witespy guy ( ready to fly quads) and have had several question, a few which had to do with possibly purchasing more items but after a few emails and many voice mail messages I have had NO LUCK and NO CONTACT from the mysterious Paul "WITESPY".
so what do I do ? the reason I made these purchases from him is that HOBBY KING is just an absolute disaster when it comes to getting things on time and I figures I live in Florida so why not keep a Florida retailer in business.

Maybe its just this industry the retailers figure it's just a Hobby so they'll wait
Throughout my 50 years of living, I have had different hobbies, including multroter and I must admit, this one has been the most challenging and frustrating, mainly dealing with vendors, especially the overseas vendors.

My suggestion is to find vendors in US that do volume and have tech support and stay with them. I've seen way too many one-man-operations that just can't keep up.
BenHayat is offline Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old Jun 18, 2013, 09:36 PM
Joined Mar 2013
47 Posts
well just a follow up I just finished putting the PRO EZ 3.0 on my flip and went to put in the USB into the board and guess what....the usb connector peeled right off the board!!! So now what TRY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH PAUL?

I am still waiting for 2 weeks for him to repy on the original purchase
Old Jun 18, 2013, 10:12 PM
Joined Mar 2013
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granted View Post
Paul is one man serving the globe producing and supplying quality hobby parts and I'm willing to bet he has a few unanswered questions in queue ahead of you.
TWO WEEKS? it's been two weeks and no reply he is laughing all the way to the bank !!!!
Old Jun 18, 2013, 10:13 PM
Joined Mar 2013
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat View Post
Throughout my 50 years of living, I have had different hobbies, including multroter and I must admit, this one has been the most challenging and frustrating, mainly dealing with vendors, especially the overseas vendors.

My suggestion is to find vendors in US that do volume and have tech support and stay with them. I've seen way too many one-man-operations that just can't keep up.
HE IS A U.S. VENDOR as a matter of fact he lives a 3 hr drive from me right here in Florida!
Old Jun 18, 2013, 10:58 PM
Joined May 2013
26 Posts
He definitely is a busy one man show. I've had no problem receiving my orders fast though (typically next day after shipping down here in FL).

I'm sure if you cannot get a hold of him by phone or email, you could mail back the product you are having issues with with you contact, order, and issue info and he'd get right on it.
tr56 is offline Find More Posts by tr56
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:07 AM
Joined Mar 2013
16 Posts
He did have a total web server crash a few days ago. He is shipping my quad in the next day or so. From order to ship I think was 8 days for a hover things fpv flip. Not to bad honestly.
Brugamer is offline Find More Posts by Brugamer
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:09 AM
Joined Mar 2013
16 Posts
I have had a total of 4 emails with Paul in the last week he isn't the fastest I have seen. But he is fairly good. You do realize he has a phone as well maybe call him.. Just a thought.
Brugamer is offline Find More Posts by Brugamer
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:29 AM
Fly, Crash, Order More Parts..
Joined Feb 2013
23 Posts
Paul is a Great Guy, he has returned the two phone calls that I have made to him within a few minutes, Give him a chance, He's really trying to keep up with the demand.
JAZZART is offline Find More Posts by JAZZART
Old Jun 19, 2013, 01:19 AM
No Disassemble
United States, CA, Newport Beach
Joined Jun 2011
114 Posts
I understand the frustration too, but alas, he is doing his best and is willing to work with you through issues if you give him time. I imagine he is swamped with requests, issues and and development among the daily tribulations of life and simply doesn't have time to get to everyone in a timely matter. It may be the tone at which you initiate your conversation as well. Remember a little kindness and politeness goes a long way. I have been dealing with him to get my faulty board replaced and he has been very accommodating although it takes a day or two for him to respond, he eventually does and things are progressing.

It would probably be nice for him to be upfront on his site and warn everyone that there is a huge backlog, but you have to consider the fact that people have to deal with other aspects of life while trying please customers and sometimes one just simply runs out of time.

On that note, if you are watching Paul, you may want to just send a mass email to all your customers to let them know you will get to them as soon as you can.
decompyler is offline Find More Posts by decompyler
Old Jun 19, 2013, 03:19 AM
United Kingdom, England, Witham
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
If you leave a voicemail always remember to give your full name and telephone number in the message. Makes life alot easier for the person picking up the message. Sounds silly but you'd be suprised the number of people who don't!
The number of times we had voicemails at work with "Hi its xxxx (only giving a first name) give me a call, got a problem with the laptop"
Essex2visuvesi is offline Find More Posts by Essex2visuvesi
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:29 PM
Joined Mar 2013
47 Posts
Well I just left another voice mail message and an email for Paul...Lets see if he is the decent person you all say he is ....I want to be wrong trust me but so far it doesn't look like he wants to help me out with my issues with HIS PRODUCTS!!!

12:29 6-19-2013
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:57 PM
Joined Mar 2013
47 Posts
well Paul got in touch with me a he is going to fix the issues...the only thing is that he says he gets over 100 emails and phone calls a day....maybe he could use a little help? you know hire a High School kid for the summer?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 01:11 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,416 Posts
I feel bad for Paul that he has to deal with idiots like this.
AcroFPV is offline Find More Posts by AcroFPV