HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2004, 08:46 PM
Protector of the Innocent
Strathalbyn,South Australia
Joined Aug 2003
92 Posts
Twin Jet Prop. Question

Hi all, I have a question to ask you experienced pilots out there. I hope it's not a dumb question,although I read a saying once that said "I would rather hear a dumb question than fix a dumb mistake". That said, I have ordered a Multiplex Twin Jet, and will be replacing the Gunther props with Graupner cam props of the same size. Being a "learner driver",and not having experience with a pusher type aircraft (apart from my Fire Bird), I was wondering if it was better to reverse the props or put the props on the "normal" way and reverse the spin of the motor.

Thank you,
Fearless Fly.
FEARLESS FLY is offline Find More Posts by FEARLESS FLY
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2004, 08:59 PM
Sparta,WI,USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,626 Posts
FF,

On a "pusher" you run the motors in reverse (red to black, black to red) and the prop runs with the printing to the front of the aircraft. For props on my TJ, I have had good luck wth the Master Air Screw 5.5x4.5. Tower Hobbies have them.
For a little more zip check out articles on timing and breaking in your motors before flying.
RonJ
RonJ is offline Find More Posts by RonJ
Old Jan 22, 2004, 01:18 AM
Czech Republic, Plzeň Region, Město Touškov
Joined Feb 2002
535 Posts
If the TJ is one of the new white or blue 'racer' editions then it should come with a pair of MPX long can 480's. Best props for these are Graupner 5.5 x 4.3 CAM. Fit with the writing to the front of the model and have fun.
Cosmic is offline Find More Posts by Cosmic