HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2004, 02:45 PM
Brett
So Cal
Joined Apr 2002
5,298 Posts
SR7 for sale in Ventura, CA

I don't know of there is still an SR7 craze...every once in a while I see one sell on eBay for what seems like a lot of money.

Anyway, I was in Marty's Hobbies in Thousand Oaks yesterday, and I saw a complete one for sale on consignment for $125 (with servos), which seemed like a relative bargin if you are into SR7's. It seemed to be in good shape, with no cracks (though there was one tiny hole in the top of the fuse). It had a nice yellow paint job with red and blue trim. It also appeared to be the Durelene version.

BTW, I have no idea who the seller is...just thought somene here might be interested if they live near the area.
bjaffee is online now Find More Posts by bjaffee
Last edited by bjaffee; Jan 21, 2004 at 08:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2004, 03:29 PM
I just want to fly.
United States, CO, Thornton
Joined Jan 2002
814 Posts
wow....I might have to drive up there....Long drive from Long Beach, Do you know the addy of the H/S? maybe a phone number? I would give them a call, see if it is still avial , before i took the drive.

sapok is offline Find More Posts by sapok
Old Jan 21, 2004, 03:34 PM
I just want to fly.
Joined Jan 2002
814 Posts
I just called them...I am getting in my car to get it...Thank you Bjaffee
Old Jan 21, 2004, 03:38 PM
Brett
So Cal
Joined Apr 2002
5,298 Posts
Sounds like you found it.
bjaffee is online now Find More Posts by bjaffee
Old Jan 21, 2004, 05:53 PM
TROUT OR THERMALS
Eureka, Ca
Joined Sep 2002
2,771 Posts
Post a picture so we can see the "new" plane

Dean@steelheadproducts.com
steelhead is offline Find More Posts by steelhead
Old Jan 21, 2004, 08:29 PM
just CHUCK it!
Ramona Ca.
Joined Jun 2003
2,091 Posts
Looks like when you move to San Diego I'll have somebody to fly some formation!

I have two SR7s.

DS...
racingodds is offline Find More Posts by racingodds
Old Jan 21, 2004, 08:34 PM
I just want to fly.
Joined Jan 2002
814 Posts
Its mine...Mine....All mine...nobody can have it...mine...my precious...MY PRECIOUS....evil hobittes trying to take my precious...

Old Jan 21, 2004, 09:31 PM
Fun ain't cheap!
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Apr 2003
3,019 Posts
well, I have a pre-production fiberglass fuselage(before the limited edition 100 units) SR-7 kit..........even has Kattie Martin's personal notes and autograph on the plans NEW IN BOX
heh, its all good!
droydx
droydx is offline Find More Posts by droydx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sosos
Old Jan 21, 2004, 09:50 PM
I just want to fly.
Joined Jan 2002
814 Posts
What is the CG on my new toy?

Old Jan 21, 2004, 10:13 PM
Fun ain't cheap!
Joined Apr 2003
3,019 Posts
Hey Sapok,
Seems to be at 15 3/4 inches from the nose tip back. There are some marks on the fuse and plans that show a CG of 16 1/2" aft for the fiberglass fuse so you can use that as a range. Good luck and have a great time with it! I have had a few over the years and they are fun to fly!
Congrats on your find!,
Droydx
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2004, 10:35 AM
I just want to fly.
Joined Jan 2002
814 Posts
pics...

Well the pictures aren't the best, due to my Camera phone, but here we go, pictures of my Precious....

First the top

Now the underside

and the Pilot (yes that is the Pink Panther who is piloting my Precious...

There are a few cracks in the canopy, and a couple paint scratches. But it came with two servos, and an old battery. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Last edited by sapok; Jan 22, 2004 at 10:41 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 04:11 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Yup. I sold a half built (By someone else) SR7 kit on Ebay for $272 a couple of years ago.

That's when I realized that I better not sell my NIB kit or my Mini SR7. I'd never be able to afford another.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Last edited by lrsudog; Jan 22, 2004 at 04:13 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 07:27 PM
Feeling FrSky
Joined Feb 2003
20,091 Posts
I don't mean to be an infidel amongst the true believers here, but do these things really fly that hot? I'm not doubting it, I've just never seen it myself...and you know, the Ninja was a pretty hot plane at one time. I know the SR-7 is a whole 'nother thing than that, but I presume my drift is taken, no? Anyways, I'd love to hear a flight report and/or recollections, so that I can appreciate the aura and mystique surrounding the plane.

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2004, 07:30 PM
I just want to fly.
Joined Jan 2002
814 Posts
I think the price I paid was pretty good, even if it isn't the best flier. I have always personally wanted one, due to the fact the fuse is Duralene, hopefully it will last a bit longer then some of my other Fiberglass planes. But as I said, for a plane pre-built, with Two servos, and an old battery I couldn't pass on the deal. Just my .02

Old Jan 22, 2004, 09:14 PM
Fun ain't cheap!
Joined Apr 2003
3,019 Posts
Surfimp,
You've got to remember the time when these were first kitted: 1980. They were the first semi-scale jet lookin' ships when everyone was flying balsa polyhedral ships. They require a lot more lift to fly than other aircraft from that era and a pilot who can put the nose down and fly fast. It has been a while (10 years+!) since I flew one, but they roll fast, fly inverted well but do not crank hard turns. Maybe it's the low aspect swept wings but I remember it "parking" after hard turns....don't get me wrong, it'll do a lot of hard turns but "fast" is a relative word here. They do tip stall.
They look great! Especially with a pilot figure, like the Pink Panther! Duralene was way cool, but very hard to stick paint on and would yellow with UV. It's not indestructable, I ripped the nose off mine at the Wilcox when I augured in on the hard pan with a dead battery (that's when I bought my first ESV) The funny thing is now, my kit is worth more unbuilt, than built....what the heck good is that?
El Viejo
Droydx
RCG Plus Member