HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:05 PM
Joined Jan 2012
78 Posts
Help!
Quad motor issue?

Just had a short flight and then my quad flipped out of the sky. I had just put on 8 inch props on my HT 450 House motors running a NAZA and DJI 30A ESCs. Not sure what the issue is the everything is almost new. Flew fine yesterday.

Here is a link to a short video of what the motor is doing now. Just sputtering. Motor? Esc? Wiring?

http://www.flyaddict.com/documents/Quad.MOV
tkuhrt is offline Find More Posts by tkuhrt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2013, 05:17 PM
Joined Mar 2013
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkuhrt View Post
Just had a short flight and then my quad flipped out of the sky. I had just put on 8 inch props on my HT 450 House motors running a NAZA and DJI 30A ESCs. Not sure what the issue is the everything is almost new. Flew fine yesterday.

Here is a link to a short video of what the motor is doing now. Just sputtering. Motor? Esc? Wiring?

http://www.flyaddict.com/documents/Quad.MOV
Time to start swapping parts one-at-a-time. Swap a motor first, then an esc (unless you have a spare of each, then change in a new one instead of swapping).
Jarold C is offline Find More Posts by Jarold C
Old Jun 15, 2013, 07:15 PM
Joined Jan 2012
78 Posts
was afraid of that. Doesn't seem to me that it would be a motor. More like a glitching ESC or bad connection... Getting frustrated with Quads....
Old Jun 15, 2013, 07:54 PM
Joined Mar 2013
78 Posts
Don't let it get to you. If it was easy and everything went smoothly there would be no challenge and you'd get bored.
My wife says i like to break my toys ( and computers) just do i can diagnose the problem and tinker with it.

She's probably definitely right.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 07:59 PM
Joined Mar 2013
78 Posts
Re: Quad motor issue?

Oh, yeah, I've read about a lot of problems lately with bullet connectors. Unplug all as those and re-plug first if you use them. I have started my latest builds using bullets for ready changes, but once they are together properly and tuned i solder everything but my little FPV backpack permanently.
Good luck!

Post when you find the problem.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 08:04 PM
Joined Mar 2013
78 Posts
Read something else- at least two people said their SimonK flashed ESCs lost programming after (or maybe during? ? ? ) a crash, try a re-flash before tossing the ESC. (if you use SimonK, that is)
Old Jun 15, 2013, 08:41 PM
Joined Jan 2012
78 Posts
Im using DJI 30amp ESCs.