|Jan 20, 2004, 08:15 PM|
Motorola Li-ion prismatic cells questions (Sold by "Lance" here on e-zone)
I purchased some of the Li-ion cells sold by Lance here on the zone.
I got the small ones 650 mAH.
Shown in the pic
I have a couple of questions.
1. Are people using these inside the existing package?
2. Are people pulling the cell out and making their own package?
3. How many amps are you pulling?
3. There are 4 terminals does anyone know which are which? I am assuming that 2 are full voltage (maybe even bypassing the protection circuit). The other 2 are questionable. Since it is a single cell it can't be a center tap. Maybe a thermal output?
|Jan 21, 2004, 01:43 PM|
I decided after some communication w/ lance to pull these cells out of their pack and build my own 2s1p packs out of them.
Farted around with them last night and discovered 2 very important things.
1. The case of these cells is the + terminal and is aluminum. The only solderable metal is the tab of the bottom of the cell so don't rip it off.
2. On most of the cells I got the - terminal (little button on top of cell) is aluminum as well I found 1 non aluminum one but the rest are aluminum. So you need to leave a small portion of the welded tab on it to solder to.
I will post some pics later.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Li-ion GP1865 cells?||newracer||Batteries and Chargers||2||Feb 19, 2004 11:26 PM|
|Li-ion Prismatic||fumblefingers||Batteries and Chargers||1||Oct 28, 2003 09:27 AM|
|LI-ION PRISMATIC CELL are they worth a try||gtstubbs||Batteries and Chargers||4||Aug 17, 2003 03:07 PM|
|Li-ion prismatic cell?||kitbasher||Batteries and Chargers||2||May 14, 2003 08:53 AM|
|Li-Ion Individual cells now available||Darren Hintze||Parkflyers||20||Jun 13, 2002 10:33 PM|