HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 17, 2013, 08:44 AM
Joined Sep 2011
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
What did you end up with your settings? I had really low settings to get it to work but the results were not the best. I had a power of 24 on the tilt. Anything higher and it would go crazy.
I just used the VectorDD_Silent profile that Jussi posted on the first page. I did no additional tuning.
beamen is online now Find More Posts by beamen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:58 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamen View Post
I just used the VectorDD_Silent profile that Jussi posted on the first page. I did no additional tuning.
I just tried the profile and it was all over the place, just kept spinning and rolling real bad.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:44 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
I just tried the profile and it was all over the place, just kept spinning and rolling real bad.
Try and reset to defaults and then load the profile. Sometimes new boards can act like this - we are working on figuring out why.

As for balancing, Sebastian is writing a guide - due to total overload here, I had to ask him to do it. Since it is his design, he is also best qualified...

For the pitch axis, as some of you noted, you dont need to do a lot of balancing, since the load is relatively small even with the camera out of balance.

But to balance the cam tray, you just have to slightly loosen the 5 M2 screws, then the whole tray can slide forwards/backwards and up/down. Once the balance is correct, retighten the screws and you are done.
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 17, 2013, 01:24 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
Try and reset to defaults and then load the profile. Sometimes new boards can act like this - we are working on figuring out why.

As for balancing, Sebastian is writing a guide - due to total overload here, I had to ask him to do it. Since it is his design, he is also best qualified...

For the pitch axis, as some of you noted, you dont need to do a lot of balancing, since the load is relatively small even with the camera out of balance.

But to balance the cam tray, you just have to slightly loosen the 5 M2 screws, then the whole tray can slide forwards/backwards and up/down. Once the balance is correct, retighten the screws and you are done.
That's what I thought so I set to defaults and now I have it working. I lowered the power some and a few minor changes. This was my first board from Flyduino and the rc pitch and roll worked great. One day both didn't work at all. I reflashed and have rc pitch working but no rc roll control at all. Any ideas or perhaps put a new signal wire to roll on my rx?

I also sent a couple of e-mails about my second board from viacopter. looks like a bad motor1 chip, really hot when bat plugged in, right away(no motor connected). No reply yet. I understand things are hectic ATM.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Jun 17, 2013, 01:35 PM
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
That's what I thought so I set to defaults and now I have it working. I lowered the power some and a few minor changes. This was my first board from Flyduino and the rc pitch and roll worked great. One day both didn't work at all. I reflashed and have rc pitch working but no rc roll control at all. Any ideas or perhaps put a new signal wire to roll on my rx?

I also sent a couple of e-mails about my second board from viacopter. looks like a bad motor1 chip, really hot when bat plugged in, right away(no motor connected). No reply yet. I understand things are hectic ATM.
Hey, pls resend the mail with "RMA" in the topic - I have been totally swamped down in emails and work lately. There is warranty, and I will replace the dogdy board of course.

Thanks
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2013, 05:38 AM
Joined Apr 2013
36 Posts
Will this fit the dji phantom out of the box?
Is it possible to order a front for the gopro 1 and 3?
Is tilt availble out of the box?
thadroopsz is offline Find More Posts by thadroopsz
Old Jun 19, 2013, 06:05 AM
Joined Sep 2011
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadroopsz View Post
Will this fit the dji phantom out of the box?
Is it possible to order a front for the gopro 1 and 3?
Is tilt availble out of the box?
No, you need to make an adapter plate. I am using Tppacks.com isolation mount, so I just drilled some holes for the gimbal in the bottom plate. Worked perfect.

To activate tilt you have to connect a servo wire from the Alexmos board to the Naza F2 port and activate camera gimbal in the Naza software and set gains to 0. Then go into the gimbal software and adjust the RC controls there. You will also need a lever kit, like the simensays lever kit.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 02:21 PM
sorry, my english is bad
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Apr 2011
232 Posts
so than, the first real video i made with the VectorDD.
Enjoy watching:

watergames updated version (3 min 28 sec)
teramax is offline Find More Posts by teramax
Last edited by teramax; Jun 24, 2013 at 03:17 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 03:27 PM
Joined Sep 2011
688 Posts
I stole these from my computer case.. this made it really easy to balance the roll!

Last edited by beamen; Jun 19, 2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 08:10 AM
Joined Sep 2011
688 Posts
Addon bracket for VideoTX on VectorDD?

Jussi,

Do you have any plans to release a VideoTx mounting bracket for the VectorDD?

I was thinking that it would be great with a small, light weight 90 degree bracket that could be mounted on the backside of the VectorDD, so that you can place your videoTx there. You need the VideoTx to be mounted close to the gimbal so can route the video cable from the videoTx to the GoPro.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:42 PM
Joined Sep 2007
643 Posts
I hate to ask such a simple question, I received my kit last night and I did not see anything obvious that lets me connect the electronics to a computer. How do I do that? I did not see anything in the thread for that.
BJM-Maxx is offline Find More Posts by BJM-Maxx
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:46 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJM-Maxx View Post
I hate to ask such a simple question, I received my kit last night and I did not see anything obvious that lets me connect the electronics to a computer. How do I do that? I did not see anything in the thread for that.
There is a USB post on the controller board. Or do you mean the actual USB cable itself, as it is not provided.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 21, 2013, 01:12 PM
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamen View Post
Jussi,

Do you have any plans to release a VideoTx mounting bracket for the VectorDD?

I was thinking that it would be great with a small, light weight 90 degree bracket that could be mounted on the backside of the VectorDD, so that you can place your videoTx there. You need the VideoTx to be mounted close to the gimbal so can route the video cable from the videoTx to the GoPro.
No, we dont have any immediate plans for that, but I will pass the idea on to Sebastian...

I dont think it will be a good idea to mount the VTX and Antenna right next to the controller as it generates a lot of EMI that might screw with the video signal.

I route the video signal for my cams through a 35 cm twisted cable with no ill effects and it allows me to place the VTX in the most ideal location with a cloverleaf antenna protruding down from the bottom of the frame where it has the best LOS to the VRX on my groundstation regardless of copter orientation.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2013, 04:40 PM
Joined Sep 2011
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
No, we dont have any immediate plans for that, but I will pass the idea on to Sebastian...

I dont think it will be a good idea to mount the VTX and Antenna right next to the controller as it generates a lot of EMI that might screw with the video signal.

I route the video signal for my cams through a 35 cm twisted cable with no ill effects and it allows me to place the VTX in the most ideal location with a cloverleaf antenna protruding down from the bottom of the frame where it has the best LOS to the VRX on my groundstation regardless of copter orientation.
Ok, thanks.Got any pictures of your setup? Also, when will the balancing video be online?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:30 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,031 Posts
Here was my first test with the VectorDD with stock setup.
Settings are included in the video as well:
VectorDD Gimbal Test #1 (6 min 20 sec)

Have a bit of vibration but not bad for first try.

The gimbal is nicely made and the wires route well to not add any resistance. I was able to tilt down 90 degrees and had good stabilization. Bit of jello at some points but I think that is light reflection off the props.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor