HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2013, 08:31 AM
F550 Pilot
Joined Feb 2012
105 Posts
Sweet!

JussiH: I sent you an email from viacopter.eu about some order - just ignore it. got it to work.
Merko is online now Find More Posts by Merko
Last edited by Merko; Jun 16, 2013 at 10:46 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2013, 08:36 AM
sorry, my english is bad
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Apr 2011
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efti View Post
Here is my maiden in very windy condition. Not a good day for testing.
I think my hexa is not so good with the original DJ motors using rctimer carbon prop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoaVN...ature=youtu.be
Looking at the circumstances this is an awsome outcome.
Wiggle wobble plastic frame, cheapo props and high wind, what do you want more?

Some basic rules to perfekt arial footage are: take the stiffest frame yu can get, fly in the morning or evening at calm weather, fly smooth and fly gyro only. The correction comming from ACC and GPS are to hard for smooth pictures.

So hey, what you got here is very very ok!
teramax is offline Find More Posts by teramax
Old Jun 16, 2013, 09:54 AM
Norge, Rogaland, Bryne
Joined Oct 2011
334 Posts
I have to test in calm or no wind too. The gimbal performs very good. Need to calibrate sensor to get it level again. I just want it to be perfect
Efti is offline Find More Posts by Efti
Old Jun 16, 2013, 03:16 PM
Joined Sep 2011
681 Posts
My VectorDD is working AWESOME, right out the box I got VERY good footage on a DJI Phantom. I ordered some new Tiger motors (to get that little bit of high frequency vibrations out of it). I love this thing. This technology is so fascinating to me. It's incredible how stable the video is.

It works just as good at 90 degrees pointing down too
beamen is offline Find More Posts by beamen
Old Jun 16, 2013, 03:18 PM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
1,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamen View Post
My VectorDD is working AWESOME, right out the box I got VERY good footage on a DJI Phantom. I ordered some new Tiger motors (to get that little bit of high frequency vibrations out of it). I love this thing. This technology is so fascinating to me. It's incredible how stable the video is.

It works just as good at 90 degrees pointing down too
can you post picture especial the connection between the roll arm and pitch so i can see how far i have to make it work well like yours please
Askyvision is online now Find More Posts by Askyvision
Old Jun 16, 2013, 03:41 PM
Joined Sep 2011
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askyvision View Post
can you post picture especial the connection between the roll arm and pitch so i can see how far i have to make it work well like yours please
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...616_223637.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...616_223653.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...616_223741.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...616_223806.jpg

Is that what you wanted?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 04:04 PM
Norge, Rogaland, Bryne
Joined Oct 2011
334 Posts
I made a new video that is uploading now. This time there is no wind. What a change it made
Old Jun 16, 2013, 04:18 PM
Norge, Rogaland, Bryne
Joined Oct 2011
334 Posts
VectorDD test 2 no wind (2 min 57 sec)
Old Jun 16, 2013, 05:15 PM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
1,859 Posts
Yes thank you but too bad i was assume you have hero 3 lol but that get me an idea of it thankx you very much
Askyvision is online now Find More Posts by Askyvision
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:23 AM
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
Guys, if you manage to get your VectorDD flying smoothly, may I ask you to post a screenshot with your PID settings?

The gimbal, motors, controller and camera being identical, shouldn't the ideal PID settings be very similar also?
Zlui is offline Find More Posts by Zlui
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:24 AM
Joined Sep 2011
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlui View Post
Guys, if you manage to get your VectorDD flying smoothly, may I ask you to post a screenshot with your PID settings?

The gimbal, motors, controller and camera being identical, shouldn't the ideal PID settings be very similar also?
Use the VectorDD_Silent profile (on the first page). I am using it - I haven't done any changes to it. Work's great for me.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:33 AM
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
OK, thx!!
Zlui is offline Find More Posts by Zlui
Old Jun 17, 2013, 08:19 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,410 Posts
Anyone figured out how to balance the camera cage on the tilt axis? When my gimbal is together, it will hold any position with the GP3 on and IMU on the top(wires disconnected). I can readjust the cage and will hold any position, almost like too much friction. Now I hold the roll cage on the edge of my bench and spin the camera cage as fast as I can. Now I can feel the gimbal move slightly as it spins, indicating a mass to one side. Problem is I have no way to tell which way to adjust the cage. I guess it would be trial and error until I get a nice fast spin that seems smooth, without an off setting mass to induce movement, fore and aft. The camera cage and GP3 are so light, it will not drop to a heavy side.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Jun 17, 2013, 08:35 AM
Joined Sep 2011
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
Anyone figured out how to balance the camera cage on the tilt axis? When my gimbal is together, it will hold any position with the GP3 on and IMU on the top(wires disconnected). I can readjust the cage and will hold any position, almost like too much friction. Now I hold the roll cage on the edge of my bench and spin the camera cage as fast as I can. Now I can feel the gimbal move slightly as it spins, indicating a mass to one side. Problem is I have no way to tell which way to adjust the cage. I guess it would be trial and error until I get a nice fast spin that seems smooth, without an off setting mass to induce movement, fore and aft. The camera cage and GP3 are so light, it will not drop to a heavy side.
I don't think it has to be THAT balanced! If you can move the camera and it holds in any position, it's good enough. I have amazing results, and I am sure it could be balanced even better, but it's more than good enough as it is.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 08:42 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamen View Post
I don't think it has to be THAT balanced! If you can move the camera and it holds in any position, it's good enough. I have amazing results, and I am sure it could be balanced even better, but it's more than good enough as it is.
What did you end up with your settings? I had really low settings to get it to work but the results were not the best. I had a power of 24 on the tilt. Anything higher and it would go crazy.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint