HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:07 AM
Joined Sep 2011
688 Posts
Jussi,

I calibrated (basic). All seems good in the GUI, but when I connect the motors and power it on, it still does the full rotation on the pitch axis. This is driving me crazy!!

I tried reversing it too. Nothing. A friend said it is a IMU problem.
beamen is offline Find More Posts by beamen
Last edited by beamen; Jun 13, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2013, 03:17 PM
sorry, my english is bad
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Apr 2011
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamen View Post
Jussi,

I calibrated (basic). All seems good in the GUI, but when I connect the motors and power it on, it still does the full rotation on the pitch axis. This is driving me crazy!!

Ive heared from some other users fixed this problem by pressing "use deffault" button, reboot and write back config.
Please try.
teramax is offline Find More Posts by teramax
Old Jun 13, 2013, 03:34 PM
Joined Sep 2011
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teramax View Post
Ive heared from some other users fixed this problem by pressing "use deffault" button, reboot and write back config.
Please try.
THANK YOU!!!!! Worked!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 04:33 PM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
1,963 Posts
can some one make a video of how they balance their please. It seem that this one is hard to balance the Roll i got the tilt balanced. It keep drop to both side. I have the rctimer gimbal and and balance fast. It look like the tilt also effect by the roll balance to dont it??
Askyvision is offline Find More Posts by Askyvision
Old Jun 13, 2013, 04:58 PM
sorry, my english is bad
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Apr 2011
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askyvision View Post
can some one make a video of how they balance their please. It seem that this one is hard to balance the Roll i got the tilt balanced. It keep drop to both side. I have the rctimer gimbal and and balance fast. It look like the tilt also effect by the roll balance to dont it??
If it seems to drop on both sides, try to set the GoPro just a little lower. Not much, just 1-2 mm
Old Jun 13, 2013, 07:02 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamen View Post
Jussi,

I can see the board been bad but not the IMU. All the pages I've read on the controller no one complaint about the IMU been bad. Is only one chip on it.
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Jun 13, 2013, 07:08 PM
Joined Sep 2011
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
I can see the board been bad but not the IMU. All the pages I've read on the controller no one complaint about the IMU been bad. Is only one chip on it.
OK i see, but teramax saved my day. His solution worked. Thanks again man. Awesome results with this gimbal with the default quite file.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 02:22 AM
Joined Sep 2011
688 Posts
My first real test. 100% stick inputs in all directions and some slow flying at the end

VectorDD on DJI Phantom Brushless Alexmos Gimbal (3 min 22 sec)
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:13 AM
Joined May 2013
61 Posts
Quote:
Please try.
OK, i am 100% sure a lot of users are facing this problem as well. IT WORKED FOR ME!

Would the thread starter PLEASE add this into the first post!

Thanks...
sprocketty is offline Find More Posts by sprocketty
Old Jun 14, 2013, 02:47 PM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
1,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketty View Post
OK, i am 100% sure a lot of users are facing this problem as well. IT WORKED FOR ME!

Thanks...
Quote:
Please try.
Here Let me Help out
Askyvision is offline Find More Posts by Askyvision
Old Jun 14, 2013, 02:55 PM
sorry, my english is bad
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Apr 2011
232 Posts
oh man i love when some misspelling from me is posted in such huge red letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketty View Post

Thanks...
but hey, whats about all that fun when everything is in the "first post"
Old Jun 14, 2013, 04:18 PM
Zip 08857
Joined Jun 2005
563 Posts
Just wondering if this gimbal will accomodate other "box" shaped action cameras such as the CamOne Infinity http://www.adorama.com/ACCOIN01.html and Astak Action Pro http://www.amazon.com/camera-photo/dp/B0068LAAOQ
JookSing is online now Find More Posts by JookSing
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:22 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JookSing View Post
Just wondering if this gimbal will accomodate other "box" shaped action cameras such as the CamOne Infinity http://www.adorama.com/ACCOIN01.html and Astak Action Pro http://www.amazon.com/camera-photo/dp/B0068LAAOQ
You can fit a CamOne in the tray, but you will need some extra foam to keep it in place.
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:33 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askyvision View Post
Jusshi how do we balance this? I got the tilt to balance but the roll keep drop on to either side left and right thanks I'm ready to put it in the air
If the cam is dropping left or right, you probably have the pitch axis a little top-heavy, as Marcus suggested.

Try and rotate the pitch axis 180 degrees and if its now bottom-heavy, then you will know to adjust the cam-tray a bit to account for this. Same thing for the other faces of the cam. The ideal is to balance the pitch, so that its neutrally balanced no matter which way its facing. I will post a video showing this - its a little hard to explain in words, but very straightforward to do.

For a GP3 black, the ideal position of the pitch axis is circa 2 mm up and 1-2mm back.
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 16, 2013, 07:44 AM
Norge, Rogaland, Bryne
Joined Oct 2011
347 Posts
Here is my maiden in very windy condition. Not a good day for testing.
I think my hexa is not so good with the original DJ motors using rctimer carbon prop.

VectorDD Hexa F550 testing. Very windy. (4 min 11 sec)
Efti is offline Find More Posts by Efti