SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 08, 2013, 10:43 PM
Joined Mar 2013
6 Posts
Discussion
Flysky FS-T6 How to Flaperon?

Does anyone who have this transmitter receiver know how to setup flaperons. I messed with the mix feature on it, but couldnt seem to get the right combination. I've never setup flaperons before, and the idea of using 2 less servos on the wing sounds great.

This is what i know so far.

I've setup a separate servo for each aileron. 1 servo on ch 1, and 1 servo on channel 5. I go to the mix menu and assign mix 1 to ch1 master, and ch 5 slave. then i mix 2 to ch 6 (assigned to a switch) to master, and channel 1 to slave. Mix 3 is setup as ch 6 master and channel 5 slave. I thought i was on a good start, but my flaps were in the wrong direction (folded up). and also, there was a variation between the left and right aileron when in full throws, almost like ch 5 was at %75 throws.

Please help!
dgr8one85 is offline Find More Posts by dgr8one85
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2013, 08:39 AM
Joined May 2009
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgr8one85 View Post
Does anyone who have this transmitter receiver know how to setup flaperons. I messed with the mix feature on it, but couldnt seem to get the right combination. I've never setup flaperons before, and the idea of using 2 less servos on the wing sounds great.

This is what i know so far.

I've setup a separate servo for each aileron. 1 servo on ch 1, and 1 servo on channel 5. I go to the mix menu and assign mix 1 to ch1 master, and ch 5 slave. then i mix 2 to ch 6 (assigned to a switch) to master, and channel 1 to slave. Mix 3 is setup as ch 6 master and channel 5 slave. I thought i was on a good start, but my flaps were in the wrong direction (folded up). and also, there was a variation between the left and right aileron when in full throws, almost like ch 5 was at %75 throws.

Please help!
Hi, did you ever manage to get flaperons set up? I just got my FS-T6 and want to do the same!
Hopelessness is offline Find More Posts by Hopelessness
Old May 30, 2014, 10:32 PM
Joined May 2014
3 Posts
Flaperons on Flysky FS-T6 radio

This is how I set up flaperons on my fs-t6 radio.
First I used chanel 6 (5 or 6 will work)
Goto Aux channels, select channel 6 (or 5)
Select the source Switch or VR you want to use (any one will work) to turn flaps on or off then OK

Then goto Mix 1
Turn Mix 1 on
Set Master to ch1
Set Slave to ch6
Set Pos. mix to 100%
Set Neg. mix to 100%
Set Offset to 0%

Next goto Mix 2
Turn Mix 2 on
Set Master to ch6
Set Slave to ch1
Set Pos. mix to 0%
Set Neg. mix to -60%
Set Offset to 0%

Next goto Mix 3
Turn Mix 3 on
Set Master to ch6
Set Slave to ch6
Set Pos. mix to -100%
Set Neg. mix to -40%
Set Offset to 0%

You can adjust your 'flaps' between -0% and -100% using Neg mix on mix 2 and 3 but the 2 numbers must add up to -100%

Examples -60% and -40% or -70% and -30% or - 75% and - 25% etc.
This will control how far your flaps move.

Do not change the numbers on mix 1 or any Pos. mix numbers or Offset numbers.

Make sure you press OK to save your program.

I use channel 1 for left aileron and channel 6 for right aileron.
The only drawback is you use all 3 Mix channels. I dont know if it is possible to do this on 2 mix channels.
I hope this works for you.
mountainrider is offline Find More Posts by mountainrider
Old Jun 13, 2014, 05:00 PM
Prop-Snapping Excitement!
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Feb 2014
96 Posts
^Thanx mountainrider!

I just got my FS-T6 and had NO idea how to get this configured (the download manual is kinda sketchy).

Thanx again!
RexGalore is online now Find More Posts by RexGalore
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:33 PM
Joined May 2014
3 Posts
FlySky FS-T6 flaperons on Mix 1&2 & down elevator on Mix 3

This is for setting up flaperons and down elevator on a FS-T6. You can set this up two ways, first one with flaperons and elevator on a VR and second one with flaperons on a VR and elevator on a switch or the other VR. Flaperons only seem to be possible on a VR (using 2 mix channels) not on a switch but elevator works on either.
Note: I use ch 1 for left aileron and ch 6 for right aileron.

To start
Goto Aux Channels
Set channel 6 to VRA or VRB (I will use VRA)
Set channel 5 to VRA or VRB (same as ch 6)

Goto Mix 1
Set Mix 1 to on
Set Master to Ch 1
Set Slave to Ch 6
Set Pos mix to 100%
Set Neg mix to 100%
Set Offset to -50%

Goto Mix 2
Set Mix 2 to on
Set Master to Ch6
Set slave to Ch 1
Set Pos mix to -100%
Set Neg mix to -100%
Set Offset to +50%

Goto Mix 3
Set Mix 3 to on
Set Master to Ch 5
Set Slave to Ch 2
Set Pos Mix to -55%
Set Neg Mix to 0%
Set Offset to +25%

Turning the VR determines the amount of Flap and Elevator you want.
You can adjust the ratio of Flap/Elev by going to Mix 3 and FIRST changing the Offset (this will give you the amount of down elev that you want) and then SECOND you will have to adjust the Pos mix to set your elev to level for normal flight.

Now turn on your model
Adjust the VRA so the flaps are all the way down BUT only turn the VR that far or you will lose aileron control. The flaps and elevator should be down together. Now you can adjust how much down elevator you want by adjusting the Mix 3 Offset. Then raise your flaps to normal flight and then if needed adjust Mix 3 Pos mix to level your elevator.
Make sure you save.
Note some models might need more or less down elevator.

The other option I have found is having the elevator on a separate switch or VR.
To do this just goto Aux channel.

Goto Aux
Set Channel 5 to VRB or any Switch

This should work for you, try playing with the numbers in mix 3 and see what happens.
Please let me know if this works for you.
mountainrider is offline Find More Posts by mountainrider
Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:13 PM
Joined Jun 2014
25 Posts
Thank you mountainraider for your posts and images, you did a great job explaining the procedure. I have this radio in a HK Sea Vixen and would like to implement flaperons but have no free channels. Running retracts and a gyro w/option to turn off in case it gets kaddywompus.

Pp.
PanchoPlanet is offline Find More Posts by PanchoPlanet
Old Jun 20, 2014, 08:01 AM
Joined Feb 2014
96 Posts
I'm having a problem trying to set the end points on my FP-T6.

It doesn't allow me to set all the values for the channels I need.

It goes from channel 1 through 4 down the first column okay, then jumps to column 2 for channel 5. Next it goes to channel 6 in column 2.

Then it goes to channel 1 column 2, to channel 2 column 2, channel 3 column 1, channel 4 column 1, channel 5 column 2, channel6 column2. At this point, it will repeat this paragraph endlessly, never returning to the settings I noted in the first paragraph.

As a result, I can't set endpoints for channel 4 column 2 (right rudder) or channel 6 column 1 (left aileron).

I tried turning off the mixing I had set up to use channel 6 for individual ailerons, I also tried to set up a new "Model 02", but the "cursor" still moves in the same weird pattern, missing those entries.

This is for a Techone Yak 55 I am assembling, and I need to drastically reduce the throws (this is my first computer radio, and second plane after a 20 year "break", and it's been an education!

Am I doing something wrong? Is my TX messed up? The Yak is ready to go, but this box ain't. Help, please!
Old Sep 04, 2014, 11:19 PM
Brazil, SP, São Paulo
Joined Aug 2014
8 Posts
Thank you mountainrider

Flaperons works great.
I'm not using elevator mix because I need the extra channel free for "bomb" dropping and I don't know if it will interfere. Only the flaperons is good enough for me.
Thanks again, very helpful.
Ilay is offline Find More Posts by Ilay
Old Sep 25, 2014, 01:36 PM
Brazil, SP, São Paulo
Joined Aug 2014
8 Posts
Well I managed to set up a little better for me, I use only two mixing for flaperons or spoilerons. I use the extra mix for elevator with the same VR. You can also use SW but it is a little more complicated to determine the angle of the ailerons.
My plane has aileron differential and there is no problem or interference with the flaperons or spoilerons.
Mix 1:
Ch 1 master ch5 slave
100% neg 100% pos -50% offset
Mix 2:
Ch5 master ch1 slave
-100% neg -100% pos 50% offset
Mix 3 (optional)
VRb master ch2 slave
-20% neg -20% pos 10% offset
Aux
Ch5 to VRb

You can choose any VR you want or SW
This setting is for spoilerons as I only use it to land. In order to make it flaperons you need to change the offsets of mix 1 and mix 2. Simply change it from 50% to -50% and from -50% to 50%.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 01:46 PM
Brazil, SP, São Paulo
Joined Aug 2014
8 Posts
Of course, I forgot to say, channels 1 and 5 are my ailerons. Channel 6 remains free so you can do whatever you want with it.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 02:35 PM
Brazil, SP, São Paulo
Joined Aug 2014
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexGalore View Post
I'm having a problem trying to set the end points on my FP-T6.

It doesn't allow me to set all the values for the channels I need.

It goes from channel 1 through 4 down the first column okay, then jumps to column 2 for channel 5. Next it goes to channel 6 in column 2.

Then it goes to channel 1 column 2, to channel 2 column 2, channel 3 column 1, channel 4 column 1, channel 5 column 2, channel6 column2. At this point, it will repeat this paragraph endlessly, never returning to the settings I noted in the first paragraph.

As a result, I can't set endpoints for channel 4 column 2 (right rudder) or channel 6 column 1 (left aileron).

I tried turning off the mixing I had set up to use channel 6 for individual ailerons, I also tried to set up a new "Model 02", but the "cursor" still moves in the same weird pattern, missing those entries.

This is for a Techone Yak 55 I am assembling, and I need to drastically reduce the throws (this is my first computer radio, and second plane after a 20 year "break", and it's been an education!

Am I doing something wrong? Is my TX messed up? The Yak is ready to go, but this box ain't. Help, please!
Hey RedGalore, you can adjust the two end points of channels 1-4 by using the transmitter sticks to move from "positive" to "negative" (right to left). On channels 5 and 6 you can only change one end point at each channel (only the right one).
I don't know why they did that, maybe it's a problem with my transmitter but I also couldn't change the end points on the last two channels. Not a big problem, I just reversed the channel because I only needed one end point anyway.
Hope this help, sorry it took so long I needed some time to learn the transmitter. This is also my first 2.4 ghz programmable transmitter and I'm also returning to the hobby after 15 years more or less.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 05:47 PM
Joined Feb 2014
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilay View Post
Hey RedGalore, you can adjust the two end points of channels 1-4 by using the transmitter sticks to move from "positive" to "negative" (right to left). On channels 5 and 6 you can only change one end point at each channel (only the right one).
I don't know why they did that, maybe it's a problem with my transmitter but I also couldn't change the end points on the last two channels. Not a big problem, I just reversed the channel because I only needed one end point anyway.
Hope this help, sorry it took so long I needed some time to learn the transmitter. This is also my first 2.4 ghz programmable transmitter and I'm also returning to the hobby after 15 years more or less.
Thank you for the reply, Ilay. I also am returning to RC after a long break, and I had very little exposure to the advanced radios of the time. I realized after watching some YouTube videos that what I really needed to do was to set dual rates (and expo as well), which is (once you know how) easy to do. I should have posted by "solution".
Old Oct 13, 2014, 06:55 PM
Joined Aug 2014
40 Posts
Trying to use this flaperon setup with my T6 but I have no aileron control when flaps are deployed.

Any assistance? They don't move either way. There is a video on youtube where a guy sets up flaperons with a Switch and it works fine - tried that way too and it didn't work.
MarshallX is offline Find More Posts by MarshallX
Old Oct 13, 2014, 07:52 PM
Joined Feb 2014
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallX View Post
Trying to use this flaperon setup with my T6 but I have no aileron control when flaps are deployed.

Any assistance? They don't move either way. There is a video on youtube where a guy sets up flaperons with a Switch and it works fine - tried that way too and it didn't work.
If you have your aileron servos connected to channel 1 and 5, Ilay's mixing will work.
Did you also go to "Aux. channels" in the "FUNCTIONS" menu and assign Channel 5 to VrB as below?

Also, in the "Mix" submenu, be sure that Mix #1 and Mix #2 are both "On".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilay View Post
Well I managed to set up a little better for me, I use only two mixing for flaperons or spoilerons. I use the extra mix for elevator with the same VR. You can also use SW but it is a little more complicated to determine the angle of the ailerons.
My plane has aileron differential and there is no problem or interference with the flaperons or spoilerons.
Mix 1:
Ch 1 master ch5 slave
100% neg 100% pos -50% offset
Mix 2:
Ch5 master ch1 slave
-100% neg -100% pos 50% offset
Mix 3 (optional)
VRb master ch2 slave
-20% neg -20% pos 10% offset
Aux
Ch5 to VRb

You can choose any VR you want or SW
This setting is for spoilerons as I only use it to land. In order to make it flaperons you need to change the offsets of mix 1 and mix 2. Simply change it from 50% to -50% and from -50% to 50%.