SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 19, 2004, 10:06 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Sep 2003
120 Posts
Full scale video

I know this is a little off topic, but this past weekend was rainy so there was no RC for me. Instead I tested my new camcorder by taking it with me flying in my full size Beechcraft Bonanza for some IFR (in the clouds) practice. We really lucked out and got a great altitude that made for a nice 3 min video...

ftp://www.sessionlink.com/erik/ifr.wmv
ErikU is offline Find More Posts by ErikU
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2004, 11:02 AM
North East
Joined Nov 2001
1,198 Posts
wow, was that ride bumpy with those clouds?
where exactly was that?
HIGHFLYER99 is offline Find More Posts by HIGHFLYER99
Old Jan 20, 2004, 12:23 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Sep 2003
120 Posts
It was only really bumpy inside the clouds, but it wasn't too bad. There is a shot of the turn coordinator (needle and ball) on the instrument panel that is swinging all over the place to show a section was it was pretty rough.

I departed Boeing field in Seattle and flew up the puget sound toward Everett. The nice section above the clouds toward the end is on the way back down directly over the puget sound.
ErikU is offline Find More Posts by ErikU