HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 08, 2013, 09:25 AM
East Midlands, UK
Joined Nov 2003
117 Posts
Question
Twister CP Gold Upgrades

Hi,

Has anyone done any upgrades on the twister CP Gold? I know there's an aluminium swash, main rotor hub set and blade grips available - has anyone fitted those?

I posted a question about the CP Gold on this forum over 2 years ago and drew a complete blank Let's hope I do a bit better this time

Pete
pilotpete is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2013, 11:25 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
You are aware this model was introduced in 2007 and never had much popularity. Twister is primarily a UK rebrand, not sold much anywhere else. HeliFreak has an out-of-production and vintage heli forum that might help you. You might also have better luck in a UK heli forum, like: http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/forums.php
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Jun 08, 2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old Jun 08, 2013, 06:53 PM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,895 Posts
I have the RTF Twister CPX, Hobby Lobby used to carry it. The Twister CPX has the same Blade SR rotor head, all the metal upgrade head parts for BSR will fit the Twister CPX, I have fitted the upgrade head parts in BSR. Unfortunately, the CPX I got was damage on the bench when the Tx throttle stick was bump on, since there is no replacement part available in the States, I had to do some mod in the main gear to get it going.

Here's the link of my Twister CPX maiden flight and a review from RCG memeber:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=12
estarter is offline Find More Posts by estarter
Old Jun 09, 2013, 03:37 PM
East Midlands, UK
Joined Nov 2003
117 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for getting back to me.

Barl14, I'm aware that this was introduced in 2007 but I tend to stick with what I enjoy. The Twister CP Gold has helped me a lot. It sits longside my Mk. 1 JR Voyager E and Kyosho Caliber 30. I have 10 year old planes that I still fly...... I know a lot of guys in this hobby who absolutely must have the very latest kit the minute it hits the shops. I've got other demands on my time (and money) and, after all, it is only a hobby... Thanks for the forum link, I'll give it a try.

estarter, that bird flies great considering the work you had to do to get it in the air again. I know the Twister is at the end of it's life as the LHS are running down their spares stock. I'd be interested to hear how the head upgrade went and whether you know of any pitfalls I need to watch out for.

Thanks again both for your inputs.

Pete
Old Jun 09, 2013, 08:14 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
I certainly don't blame you, I do the same. I didn't want you to think we were just ignoring you.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jun 10, 2013, 02:59 PM
East Midlands, UK
Joined Nov 2003
117 Posts
Hi Barl14 No problems - it's usually only women that ignore me anyway I did think that the Twister CP Gold was sold in other parts of the world but I can understand it's lack of popularity - especially given their 'ready to fly straight out of the box' joke..!

Pete