HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Heli-Max 1SQ V-Cam Quad Copter

If you have thought about aerial photography/video but didn't want to take the plunge, Heli-Max just made it affordable to give it a try!

Splash

Heli-Max 1SQ V-Cam Quad Copter

Until this release by Heli-Max getting into multicopter aerial photography or video was not a cheap venture. Even at the low end of the spectrum, a rig would still cost around $300 or more. Well not any more. Heli-Max took the very stable and fun 1SQ platform, and adapted it into a tiny camera rig that comes with everything you need to get your feet wet in the world of aerial AV! And I mean EVERYTHING!

The 1SQ V-Cam adds several new twists to compact quadcopter flying fun. Its built-in digital camera lets you shoot aerial videos, with transmitter-activated ON and OFF. An LED illuminates each motor pod for exciting maneuvers after dark. And its TAGS-FX Sensor Fusion stabilization system — featuring a 3-axis gyro and a 3-axis accelerometer — corrects drift as well as unwanted movement in yaw, pitch and roll. New pilots enjoy unprecedented confidence…experts gain the precision to execute perfect maneuvers.

Incredibly stable — perfect even for new pilots.

Auto-FLIP makes the V-Cam somersault front-to-back, back-to-front or side-to-side — just push a button and move the control stick.

Record video with the micro digital camera — RTF version takes still photos, too.

Comes with a 2GB microSD memory card and USB card reader.

RTF and Tx-R versions both include 1S 250mAh LiPo battery, USB LiPo battery charger and four extra rotor blades.

The 1SQ V-Cam's micro camera measures only 1-1/2" x 3/4" x 1/3". Controlled from the transmitter, it records 1280x720 30fps videos in avi format (the RTF also takes 1MP still photos in jpeg format). An onboard LED shows when the camera is recording.

Colored LEDs on the motor pods do more than add to the 1SQ V-Cam's cool looks. They also help you follow the model's orientation, whether flying day or night.

Both versions of the 1SQ V-Cam arrive fully assembled — with onboard radio gear, camera and powerful motors already installed.

Images are saved to the included 2GB memory card and can be downloaded later to your computer. Extend your recording time with additional memory cards — those up to 32G microSD size are compatible.

Recharge your 1SQ V-Cam's flight battery using the included, USB-compatible LiPo battery charger.

To check out a video and get more information check out: Heli-Max!

Discussion

Old Jun 07, 2013, 12:19 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,432 Posts
I am scheduled to do a full review of this new Heli-Max video equipped quadcopter for E-Zone and can't wait for it to arrive so I can get started. Michael Heer
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 08, 2013, 12:05 AM
bacon and eggs
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined May 2013
1,051 Posts
gangster fawn
remvideo is offline Find More Posts by remvideo
Old Jun 08, 2013, 02:24 AM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
997 Posts
How much? Has it got self level?
ripmax is offline Find More Posts by ripmax
Old Jun 09, 2013, 07:33 AM
Shocking!
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined May 2002
300 Posts
Kevlar is offline Find More Posts by Kevlar
Old Jun 09, 2013, 11:25 AM
United States, FL, Oviedo
Joined Mar 2013
1,086 Posts
I guess their trying to catch up with walkera... Not quite fpv though.
I knew this was coming. What's the fun in flying los and going back and watching it later when you could be live. Seems like it would lose its luster fast.

Looks like its going for $130.00 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDLNJ&P=FR

Why would you buy that when you could get fpv for $35.00 more http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...FWYV7AodrwQAcg
Ramz Innovations is offline Find More Posts by Ramz Innovations
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Ramz Innovations; Jun 09, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2013, 03:16 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
I like this. But yes, for $35 more...having FPV just seems so much better. This is ok, it would has been great a year or two ago. Just my initial thoughts...
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Jun 09, 2013, 04:07 PM
Joined Mar 2013
1,086 Posts
Yeah i agree, they're just too far behind. Plus, the devo F4 is imho a damn good tx for the $. I added a $5 converter cable and $15 patch antenna for the vrx and with the rest left stock i went 2000ft before fail safe kicked in. I like the on board recording of the 1sq v-cam because the recorded video definition is better but once you've experienced fpv, los is kinda boring. Now if they could add a vtx and still maintain a flight time of 5min+ then I'd be game for sure.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Ramz Innovations; Jun 10, 2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: grammatical
Old Jun 10, 2013, 06:16 AM
Joined Apr 2013
139 Posts
Anyone know if the video setup from that mini QR is removable - would be cool to fit it to a slightly larger, more stable quad.
Mroberts is offline Find More Posts by Mroberts
Old Jun 12, 2013, 09:23 AM
Agressive driver
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2011
1,201 Posts
In the top picture it looks like it is screwed onto the bottom of the battery tray on the sides, but I really can't say since I don't have one
zanek is offline Find More Posts by zanek
Old Jun 12, 2013, 11:12 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2006
978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mroberts View Post
Anyone know if the video setup from that mini QR is removable - would be cool to fit it to a slightly larger, more stable quad.
It is, it is just screwed on. The video is pretty good, and this rig can be very stable. (You can adjust the "expo" on the radio) At a calm setting, it's very stable. It's not production quality footage, but if you want to chase your dog around the yard, or kids on the swings, it can be a lot of fun.

The addition of FPV would be GREAT, who knows.. V2?
Sleepyc is offline Find More Posts by Sleepyc
Old Jul 01, 2013, 01:33 PM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
560 Posts
It doesn't a great self level like the Nano QX, but it does keep your flight envelope restricted so you can jam your aileron and elevator stick and not flip over. I really was not impressed with the 1SQ V-Cam. Here is my review of it.

Blade Nano QX vs Heli-Max 1SQ V-Cam (13 min 29 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripmax View Post
How much? Has it got self level?
Micubano is offline Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Damn you Talon 90!
Old Jul 02, 2013, 12:10 PM
Joined Aug 2012
560 Posts
Heli-Max got back to me. If you are using a non-stock TX and want to change gyro settings then put the TX in heli mode and change the swash type to 1 servo 90 degrees. Under the "gyro sensitivity" menu, they recommend you turn down the first number to around 50. Thanks, Rob C!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2013, 01:04 PM
Joined Aug 2012
560 Posts
I tried using those setting they told me about and my 1SQ V-Cam would flip at any input from the right stick. So I emailed them back. They got back to me again and it turns out you can fly the 1SQ, but not the 1SQ V-Cam this way. The 1SQ V-Cam needs to be bound in Airplane mode just like the manual says. That sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano View Post
Heli-Max got back to me. If you are using a non-stock TX and want to change gyro settings then put the TX in heli mode and change the swash type to 1 servo 90 degrees. Under the "gyro sensitivity" menu, they recommend you turn down the first number to around 50. Thanks, Rob C!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2013, 09:55 PM
Joined Mar 2013
1,086 Posts
Thanks for taking the plunge to test it out Micubano, they can't all be winners. I had my apprehensions about it, that really sucks the video recording freezes. I was hoping I would be able to hack it and have on board SD recording for my carbon nano fpv with the tx5805.
RCG Plus Member