Old Jun 05, 2013, 08:52 PM
George Jure
Hamilton, Ontario
Joined Aug 2005
282 Posts
Question
Is this Company still in business

Hello

I am asking this since I have NOT been able to contact Scale Model Casting through here or there website. I would like to order some parts and look into the status of an old order still not received.

If anyone knows what the company status is and what Rick is upto, please let me know.

Thanks
George
George Jure is offline Find More Posts by George Jure
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2013, 09:46 PM
Joined Nov 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Jure View Post
Hello

If anyone knows what the company status is and what Rick is upto, please let me know.

Thanks
George
Ha! Ha! Ha!
thunderguts is offline Find More Posts by thunderguts
Old Jun 06, 2013, 10:00 PM
George Jure
Hamilton, Ontario
Joined Aug 2005
282 Posts
Hey Thunderguts

What`s so funny?

George
Old Jun 07, 2013, 01:21 AM
Joined Dec 2009
75 Posts
The funny thing is that Mr. Palumbo is very fond to do such things; and specially if you have paid in advance. There are a lot of people, not only in the USA but also in Europe, that paid him for a submarine model and have received a LOL. Me personally ordered him when he was RPM modeltech a 1/72 KILO submarine with all the diving equipmement. Only 1000 USD. It was three years ago. A lot of promises and a lot of e-mails, and even a try with the FBI. The results? NOTHING
Anyway, I wish you good luck with that "fellow".
u552 is offline Find More Posts by u552
Old Jun 07, 2013, 10:50 PM
George Jure
Hamilton, Ontario
Joined Aug 2005
282 Posts
Hello

Thanks for the update. The sad thing is that I previously ordered, payed, received items from Rick in a time fashion. Now I would like to order some more thing parts from him but can`t get a reply.

Oh well. Will have to look elsewhere.

George
Old Jun 08, 2013, 06:18 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,581 Posts
He's still active on RCG, especially in the trading section selling off his toys.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=20067

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc...20SilentHunter
herrmill is offline Find More Posts by herrmill
Old Jun 10, 2013, 03:34 PM
Joined Dec 2009
75 Posts
Yes, playing monkey bussiness with a lot of things but not fulfilling his compromises.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 02:30 AM
Australia, WA, Garden Island
Joined Nov 2010
464 Posts
LMmmmm,interesting. I have made a previous order for an SDM tug kit that came quite quickly. Now i have another in for a rather expensive (for what it is) item, that has been in build for the last 5 months. Now i understand Rick is dealing with complications of the health kind, but i have requested several times in the last month and a half for photos of what I understand is a complete part, and have recieved 3 promises to send them but have recieved none. I am hoping this doesnt turn from a pleasant experience to a bad one......

Ps
I was sent photos of the cast master blade in April but that is all.
Deckie is offline Find More Posts by Deckie
Old Jun 24, 2013, 03:53 AM
Joined Dec 2009
75 Posts
That's Mr. Palumbo usual way to start forgetting people. If true, I regret he have health problems, but he gave all the kind of excuses you can imagine for finally neither answer my e-mails. I havne't have any information form him since octber 2012. Don't forget he took only 1.000 from me and have give me NOTHING AT ALL. That's the kind of person he is.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 08:16 PM
Joined Nov 2010
25 Posts
Aha! Tricky Ricky is at it again!

The cops needs to put his miserable ass in a cell! Isn't it about time RCG moderators put a stop on his activities here, or are they complicit? It really stinks!
Old Jul 03, 2013, 12:56 AM
BUILD SOMETHING!
United States, CA, Avalon
Joined Oct 2002
649 Posts
Glad I saw this. I was going to order one of those SDM's but there is no way I could support this guy.

D
CaptDH is offline Find More Posts by CaptDH
Old Jul 03, 2013, 07:26 PM
George Jure
Hamilton, Ontario
Joined Aug 2005
282 Posts
Hello Again

I have to say that after posting this question here I was educated about Rick. Disappointed I must say, I had fairly Fast email replies and delivery of goods and even followup by Rick, all that leading up to this past Christmas. Now DEAD contact, well too many might say I am a dreamer/stupid but I generally trust people, this changes things.

I wish things with Rick change and maybe I will even get my old order BUT I can`t understand his Supporters here on this site?

If I get any response from Rick, I`ll let you all know.

George
Old Jul 03, 2013, 07:37 PM
Joined Nov 2012
39 Posts
If I paid a grand for a boat and he didn't deliver or answer emails, I'd be ringing his doorbell. I'd also put a lien on his property or whatever else he owned. There are ways of dealing with deadbeats.
Skipjack585 is offline Find More Posts by Skipjack585
Old Jul 03, 2013, 08:50 PM
Australia, WA, Garden Island
Joined Nov 2010
464 Posts
I've given up on ever receiving the item and have ordered from the ever reliable Swan Precision Castings (Prop Shop). I'm pretty annoyed that its been nearly 6 months and we're at this point. I have placed a thread in dock talk linking to this one so that the community can work to resolve our collective unfulfilled orders in a positive fashion and hopefully provide him with assistance. I believe that our issues are the result of a one man operation trying to split himself in many directions at once.

If you're reading this Rick, I do not understand the communication blackout, now is your chance to set things right and get in touch ��
Deckie is offline Find More Posts by Deckie
Last edited by Deckie; Jul 03, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 08:30 PM
Joined Nov 2010
25 Posts
Tricky Rickie!

Con artist

Why don't we start making a list of the money TR (Trickie Ricky) owes around the planet?

Will someone start it off?

Post your name, Product ordered, date paid for, and dollar amount