HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2013, 03:41 PM
George Jure
Hamilton, Ontario
Joined Aug 2005
282 Posts
Hi Adam

Thanks for the simple detail feature breakdown. Beside 1s and 2s batt. would it work with the older 6v, 7.2v, 12v etc. also?

I have a few small PT boats etc. and scratch built landing craft, river patrol craft that could benefit from a small dependable ESC.

Thanks Again Adam and I look forward to when these are officially available from you. Keep me on your notice list.

George
George Jure is offline Find More Posts by George Jure
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2013, 07:06 PM
Mesa Falcon Fld, Arizona, United States
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
I might be able to support some of these other voltages. I know that 12V would be a bit of a stretch. The components in the device are rated for up to 11V. They have a no exceed of above this, but I am not sure how well they would like operating in that range. Right now, as I only have 1 test device, I do not want to go and let the smoke out just yet. The other thing would be knowing what voltages to set the low voltage cut off at for each pack size. I am not sure that I could support it being both a lipo device as well as a nicad device. If you could list for me the nicad pack size, its max charged voltage, its nominal voltage, and its do not discharge below voltage, then I could take a look at the possibility of adding this in. Another option would be to disable the low voltage cutoff for these devices.

Adam
Aeroengineer1 is offline Find More Posts by Aeroengineer1
Old Jul 04, 2013, 12:32 PM
crazygary
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Aug 2011
262 Posts
I'm still on the radar screen with ya, Adam!!
Looks like the proverbial " light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel" is getting
brighter all the time.
Looking forward to your successful completion of a much needed components.
Kudos to you, buddy!

crazygary
crazygary is offline Find More Posts by crazygary
Old Jul 05, 2013, 12:01 AM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
Gary,

Thanks for the continued support. Here are a few screen shots of the revised schematic. It is not much, but better than nothing.
Old Jul 06, 2013, 12:05 AM
Waukesha, WI
Joined Dec 2006
257 Posts
Also interested

ADam I am also interested in a pair
Jim
jshander is offline Find More Posts by jshander
Old Jul 06, 2013, 01:10 PM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
Thank you Jim. I will keep you updated. I used to live close to that area in Greendale.

A small update, the boards are out for manufacturer, so they should be back soon.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 10:54 AM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
I just got notification that the new boards are on their way. I need to make a quick order from Mouser so that I can finish the boards out. I hope that by next Sat, I can have one assembled and testing.

Adam
Old Jul 27, 2013, 08:01 PM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
Revision 2 of the board has been assembled and has made it through initial test runs. This included intentionally shorting the wires and ensuring that the device does not let the smoke out. I have a few more things that I would like to do before I send it out to Tom, but all seems to be working well so far.

Adam
Old Jul 29, 2013, 06:20 PM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
A Short Video Introduction

Here is a short video introduction of the design.
Introduction to Micro Speed Controller (6 min 51 sec)
Old Aug 17, 2013, 08:14 PM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
The first controller has been in Tom's hands for a while now. He gave a short report in his build thread, but in summary all went well, and he was impressed at the smoothness of the running and starting of the motor.

I will be building up 2 more controllers for him and sending them out this week. We are very close now to starting a commercial run of these guys.

Adam
Old Aug 17, 2013, 08:58 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,452 Posts
Excellent!
ruzam is offline Find More Posts by ruzam
Old Aug 18, 2013, 01:02 AM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,581 Posts
If its not too late, I'll take 2 for a Marder & Seehund I've got set aside for a project.
herrmill is offline Find More Posts by herrmill
Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:14 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2011
432 Posts
I am sorry, I should have posted here too!

I am really excited about Adam's ESC even more so after playing with it in my Aluminaut. When I start up the motor, it was so much more responsive and smoother than the cheaper ESCs both forward and reverse. Also after letting it run for an extended time at high speed it was cool to the touch. The other ESCs would cut out or be jittery after long usage, but Adam's never faltered. I cannot wait to get all three motors being controlled by this ESC.
Exciting times! So for size a U.S. penny and another comparing the cheaper ESC with Adam's.
Name: Aluminaut research submarine 146.jpg
Views: 31
Size: 157.3 KB
Description:

Name: Aluminaut research submarine 147.jpg
Views: 29
Size: 170.0 KB
Description:
tchalfant is offline Find More Posts by tchalfant
Old Aug 18, 2013, 02:20 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,452 Posts
Can you explain the wiring a bit? From the pictures, I'm a little confused by the layout.

I would have thought that the 3 large pads at the end of the board would be the motor output. But they don't appear to be used in your wiring. If theses aren't for motor driver output, why is so much board space set aside for 3 unused pads?
ruzam is offline Find More Posts by ruzam
Old Aug 18, 2013, 03:59 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2011
432 Posts
The pigtail that is attached is only there for programming the ESC if it was needed. I soldered the motor and connection to RX on the pads on the board. Those 3 pads are for the RX. the motor is on the underside.
tchalfant is offline Find More Posts by tchalfant