Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 30, 2001, 08:31 PM
SKINNI MINI flyer
Pearl River, LA, USA
Joined Sep 2001
645 Posts
I found a source for free pink foam fuses

OK so the foam isnt really a fuse, you have to do a little work first, but the foam is free.

My local Home Depot does not carry 2" thick pink or blue foam, but they do carry 1/2" and 3/4" sheets. In between every 25 or so sheets there are three pieces of scrap 2" thick by 6" wide by 4 foot long pieces of foam. To me these looked perfect for scratch building a fuse. Im sure they could also be used for other stuff also. Anyway i just grabbed a few of them and told one of the employes that i was going to take them. He said that was fine because as the sheets get sold they just throw the 2" thick stuff away. Well just thoght id let you guys and gals know!
Barrett is offline Find More Posts by Barrett
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2001, 06:17 AM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
I do this all the time. At Home Depot and at Lowe's. They gladly
give these away. However, I ask an employee first and tell them what I use it for. They are amazed! And give me the foam with a smile.

Dave...
LuckyArmpit is offline Find More Posts by LuckyArmpit