HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2013, 03:40 PM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Feb 2013
1,762 Posts
Question
Futaba R6208SB receiver programming

I have a Futaba R6208SB and 8FG 14 channel transmitter . I have the sbus cable going from my receiver to the naza. This is carrying 7 channels from the transmitter to the Naza and the receiver has an 8th connection that I can use for gear. I want more channels to control camera gear.

Is it possible to program this receiver to deliver the first 7 channels to the sbus and reassign 7 of the outputs to higher channels so I can use those outputs (1-7) in addition to the sbus? It would be really nice to have 7 outputs in addition to the sbus output going to the Naza.

It looks like it can be done with two hubs but I would rather not use hubs if I don't have to. I also see the R6303SB receiver has three open outputs in addition to the sbus and that may be a solution if I can't reassign the channels on the R6208SB. Three gear channels would be enough for now but I may want to add more gear later and getting all 14 channels would be perfect (7 on sbus and 7 regular outputs).
CG Photo is online now Find More Posts by CG Photo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2013, 01:02 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2013
2 Posts
+1 to this question. Just tried to update my 8fg to super using 5.0 update and I got error (code:01). Now I'm stuck with a single remote with no gimbal control and an AP shoot scheduled in 2 days.

FML!!!

Another question to caveot yours.

Can you bind 2 recievers to one 8FG Super? I have a R6108SB now not being used and already setup for gimbal control. It would be great if I could utilize that option to get my shoot done, just until I in break my second remote.
Ezdrone.com is offline Find More Posts by Ezdrone.com
Old Jun 19, 2013, 01:13 AM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Feb 2013
1,762 Posts
I called Futaba tech support, then said you can't run more than 8 channels unless all the additional channels are on the sbus. The Naza must be on the first 7 channels and the receiver outputs also must be on the first 8 channels leaving only one open channel.

Another solution they said was to not use the sbus connector for the Naza. Connected the first 7 channels between the receiver and the Naza using servo cables. Then use the sbus output to connect to a decoder(s). Doing this will allow the receiver to receive and use all 14 channels.

You can bind more than one receiver to a transmitter.
CG Photo is online now Find More Posts by CG Photo
Old May 10, 2014, 05:14 PM
Joined Apr 2014
6 Posts
A bit of a late response i know,...but I'm currently trying to accomplish the same settings and found this in the Futaba manual. Looks Promising!

hawaiiphantom is offline Find More Posts by hawaiiphantom