HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:10 PM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,643 Posts
Yup I'm getting the same. No error, but it doesn't save locally after downloading.
Bill Glover is online now Find More Posts by Bill Glover
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:14 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2011
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therau2000 View Post
Double-checking with 2 different cameras with 2 different firmware versions (v0.57 and v0.59), the above procedure does work perfectly when holding the Mode button pressed until after 3 red flashes (about 8 seconds).
Update: my camera just successfully did this. I am still on the v0.59 from yesterday (did not install v0.59a nor v0.61 yet).

The only difference I can see:

(1) yesterday when it did NOT work, I had only 3 recordings on the SD card, and the battery was full;

(2) today when it did work, I had about 90 files on the SD card totalling about 4.5G, and the battery is lower -- still 3 flashes, but I had it recording for quite awhile.

Perhaps weird things happen if the battery is fully charged?

Anyways, per instructions (everyone with v0.59 should update) I am about to go to FW v0.61.
NormMonkey is offline Find More Posts by NormMonkey
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:30 PM
Joined Oct 2013
12 Posts
Can download but not keep v0.61.
Strangely I have now got two v0.59.
BK63 is offline Find More Posts by BK63
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:32 PM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
Yup I'm getting the same. No error, but it doesn't save locally after downloading.
Same here. Actually it downloads a file, but it's still called v.59 once downloaded, is this actually v.61?
Muskoka1 is offline Find More Posts by Muskoka1
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:34 PM
Joined Feb 2011
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
Hi Tom,
Msetup 2 0 0 9 sees v0.61 online, triies to download, but fails to 'store' it locally ..?...
Mike
I think it's getting saved as v0.59 -- that appeared in the list as "local" but I hadn't downloaded it.
RogerDH is offline Find More Posts by RogerDH
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:35 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Fw alert

Please don't comment further on the FW download issue. I'll fix it later. For now stick with the FW you have... you camera will work OK. It's a holiday here and I have house guests all afternoon.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Nov 28, 2013, 01:04 PM
Philippines, Central Visayas, Dumaguete City
Joined Nov 2011
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDH View Post
I think it's getting saved as v0.59 -- that appeared in the list as "local" but I hadn't downloaded it.
If you need an urgent fix, (cannot imagine why, but just in case) after downloading 0.61, just rename the file "FWTLCAM_20131122_v0.59.zip" in your mSetup folder into "FWTLCAM_20131122_v0.61" and restart the msetup (it would be the second 0.59 file in your folder if you've also got yesterdays update). It will show "local" and install...

PS: The camera will still show v 0.59 firmware and you'll get the warning in mSetup saying there is a newer version of the firmware out until this is fully fixed, as the new firmware installed is the 0.59, just the correct version
CemAygun is offline Find More Posts by CemAygun
Last edited by CemAygun; Nov 28, 2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 01:08 PM
France, Alsace, Colmar
Joined Nov 2013
9 Posts
Hi !

Can I use the Mobius cam for FPV with case and battery removed, powering it with a 5V UBEC
Marmouz is offline Find More Posts by Marmouz
Old Nov 28, 2013, 01:47 PM
ScotchRocks
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jul 2013
141 Posts
047 to 059 Heads-UP

A few days ago I commented on my update from 0.47 to 0.59 FW on my week old Mobius. New recordings we're flipped even though the setting for that was "no flip". I thought I had found a solution, but I have not been successful, so I need some guidance on the best course of action. Should I:
- reset the camera
- revert back to FW 0.47 that came on the camera from the seller (eletoponline364) and make updates from there

More info:
- I'm using a Mac, so no GUI; I'm doing manual edits
- Tom says I should have installed all of the version updates between 0.47 to 0,59 ... which I had not done
- The SYSCFG.TXT file I am editing was downloaded from the camera while running FW 0.59
- All recordings are flipped regardless of the setting I make in the SYSCFG.TXT file
- All recordings display the date/time stamp even though I turn the display off in the SYSCFG.TXT file
- I can change the date/time stamp OK in the SYSCFG.TXT file
- I shot 3 video clips, tapping the Mode button between clips; the third video clip was not flipped, but the first two were flipped.

I'll appreciate any guidance anyone can provide.
Thanks.

PS. I installed 0.61 but still the same.

Larry
OneMoreHobby is offline Find More Posts by OneMoreHobby
Old Nov 28, 2013, 02:25 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2011
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreHobby View Post
A few days ago I commented on my update from 0.47 to 0.59 FW on my week old Mobius. New recordings we're flipped even though the setting for that was "no flip".

More info:
- Tom says I should have installed all of the version updates between 0.47 to 0,59 ... which I had not done
- The SYSCFG.TXT file I am editing was downloaded from the camera while running FW 0.59
- All recordings are flipped regardless of the setting I make in the SYSCFG.TXT file

Hi Larry,

I went straight from shipped v0.47 to v0.57 to v0.59 on my Mobius without going through any other versions. My recordings are not flipped.

If you look through my posts yesterday you can see my SYSCFG.TXT file (posted trying to troubleshoot a weird in-camera-formatter issue) as generated by the camera.

I've not used a Windows GUI but I have used therau2000's aMCA for changing settings.

The only guidance I can think of is that newer versions have both a Movie Flip and a Photo Flip setting, and the Movie Flip one now has four states (one each for both movie modes). Try changing Photo Flip to both 0 and 1, and try changing Movie Flip to 0,1,2 and 3 to see if any of these makes a difference.
Also double check that each value has square brackets and a semicolon after it. If you're manually editing there's a slight possibility you have round or curly brackets or a colon instead of a semicolon.

(I realize you've already triple checked the brackets and formatting and I don't mean to imply you're not attentive, I just can't think of anything else and trying to be thorough)
Last edited by NormMonkey; Nov 28, 2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: suggest check brackets and semicolon
Old Nov 28, 2013, 02:31 PM
France, Aquitaine, Blaye
Joined Jan 2010
102 Posts
Hello

With 0.59 firmwar colors look best

Test Mobius 0 59 (7 min 39 sec)

The Mobius N°1

Rubis
Rubis is offline Find More Posts by Rubis
Old Nov 28, 2013, 03:16 PM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,034 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving Day Frank and all you stateside members.
headlessagain is online now Find More Posts by headlessagain
Old Nov 28, 2013, 03:18 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CemAygun View Post
If you need an urgent fix, (cannot imagine why, but just in case) after downloading 0.61, just rename the file "FWTLCAM_20131122_v0.59.zip" in your mSetup folder into "FWTLCAM_20131122_v0.61" and restart the msetup (it would be the second 0.59 file in your folder if you've also got yesterdays update). It will show "local" and install...

PS: The camera will still show v 0.59 firmware and you'll get the warning in mSetup saying there is a newer version of the firmware out until this is fully fixed, as the new firmware installed is the 0.59, just the correct version
You've figured it out! Great!
Actually, there's no need to rename any files. After downloading v0.61 it will appear in the available firmware list as v0.59 and should overwrite the incorrect version.
Unfortunately, v0.61 will still be listed as online! Just ignore that for the time being.

Since Tom's celebrating, and I'm not , here's the explanation of what went wrong:
We tested various different v0.59 versions and, unfortunately, Tom first posted the incorrect version. Since the GUI expects the files to be named #.## it won't accept any other naming conventions.
So, in order for the GUI to realize that there is a newer version for those who had already downloaded the incorrect v0.59 version Tom named it v0.61.
In reality, v0.61 doesn't exist, so the GUI will always inform you that there is a newer version available for download
When Tom has the time, he will rename the file to v0.59.
Users should check the compile date shown in the GUI next to the firmware version in the main camera selection window. The date is also included in the SYSCFG.TXT file.
The correct firmware is shown as follows: 2013/11/22 v0.59. Any other v0.59 versions must be replaced with the version date stamped 2013/11/22.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Nov 28, 2013, 03:29 PM
ScotchRocks
Joined Jul 2013
141 Posts
Thanks, NormMonkey, for your reply, I saw your thread and I did check your config file.

Yes, I've been through that config file a lot and I've pretty much determined that I'm not going to find the "Magic Bullet" to fix my problems there. I can't even get the camera to shoot a still photo to see if it is flipped or not. And the red light at the back that should flash - doesn't flash regardless of setting.
So, that's why I'm looking at either resetting or reverting.
Thanks for noticing my plight though!

Larry
Old Nov 28, 2013, 03:55 PM
Spain, Cantabria, Astillero
Joined Nov 2013
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
Actually, there's no need to rename any files. After downloading v0.61 it will appear in the available firmware list as v0.59 and should overwrite the incorrect version.
Unfortunately, v0.61 will still be listed as online! Just ignore that for the time being.

Since Tom's celebrating, and I'm not , here's the explanation of what went wrong:
We tested various different v0.59 versions and, unfortunately, Tom first posted the incorrect version. Since the GUI expects the files to be named #.## it won't accept any other naming conventions.
So, in order for the GUI to realize that there is a newer version for those who had already downloaded the incorrect v0.59 version Tom named it v0.61.
In reality, v0.61 doesn't exist, so the GUI will always inform you that there is a newer version available for download
Users should check the compile date shown in the GUI next to the firmware version in the main camera selection window. The date is also included in the SYSCFG.TXT file.
The correct firmware is shown as follows: 2013/11/22 v0.59. Any other v0.59 versions must be replaced with the version date stamped 2013/11/22.
Where is SYSCFG.TXT ?
gogua is offline Find More Posts by gogua
Old Nov 28, 2013, 04:03 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2011
225 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, NormMonkey, for your reply, I saw your thread and I did check your config file.

Yes, I've been through that config file a lot and I've pretty much determined that I'm not going to find the "Magic Bullet" to fix my problems there. I can't even get the camera to shoot a still photo to see if it is flipped or not. And the red light at the back that should flash - doesn't flash regardless of setting.
So, that's why I'm looking at either resetting or reverting.
Thanks for noticing my plight though!

Larry
Huh. I noticed when I first got my camera in FW v0.47 that the red light at the back did not flash at all.

In v0.57 and v0.59 (the 11/22 version and the 11/16 version) the red light does flash, both at poweron to indicate battery status and while recording.

I realize your device is updated to FW v0.59 -- I'm sure you checked at the bottom of your camera-generated SYSCFG.TXT file and saw that there -- but the no-lights thing is reminiscent of old firmware behaviour.

The only other thing I can recommend, then, is to grab the latest v0.59 (11/22) that Tom Frank put up in post#3 earlier today and load it after charging your battery up -- might try poking the hardware reset button also, i.e. charge battery fully until green LED goes out, poke hwreset, load FWTLCAM.BIN file on drive, follow firmware update procedure.

There's no logical reason why your firmware wouldn't be fully up to date and I can't imagine that a bad firmware update somehow means you get behaviour from earlier firmwares despite having upgraded to the latest one; that just makes no sense.

Nonetheless, regardless of why your current version behaves funny, perhaps updating to the newest one will reset it.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 04:19 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2011
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogua View Post
Where is SYSCFG.TXT ?
You command the Mobius camera to generate it starting with camera off, by holding down MODE, then click POWER while keeping M held down until you see 3 red LED flashes (top LED).

Then plug in as a USB storage device and you'll see it in the root of the SD card.

NOTE/QUESTION: I think you should also remove it before you reboot into camera mode, otherwise will the firmware not read the file and reset the Real Time Clock to what was in the file? If this is true your camera's RTC could end up a couple of minutes behind, depending on when you go back into camera mode.
Last edited by NormMonkey; Nov 28, 2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: add "start from pwroff
Old Nov 28, 2013, 04:29 PM
Joined Nov 2013
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormMonkey View Post
You command the Mobius camera to generate it starting with camera off, by holding down MODE, then click POWER while keeping M held down until you see 3 red LED flashes (top LED).

Then plug in as a USB storage device and you'll see it in the root of the SD card.

NOTE/QUESTION: I think you should also remove it before you reboot into camera mode, otherwise will the firmware not read the file and reset the Real Time Clock to what was in the file? If this is true your camera's RTC could end up a couple of minutes behind, depending on when you go back into camera mode.
Sorry, I have never seen this file. I got mobius this Monday, plug on usb laptop with msetup program and update firmware.

I'm newbie on mobius
Old Nov 28, 2013, 05:30 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,991 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, I have never seen this file. I got mobius this Monday, plug on usb laptop with msetup program and update firmware.

I'm newbie on mobius
It is in the hand book (a copy is in the GUI, or a copy in the first 7 postings of this forum, or sometimes a printed copy comes with the camera). It holds much interesting information.
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Nov 28, 2013, 05:36 PM
ScotchRocks
Joined Jul 2013
141 Posts
Quote:
... I noticed when I first got my camera in FW v0.47 that the red light at the back did not flash at all.
My experience was different from yours in that respect; mine worked.

Quote:
The only other thing I can recommend, then, is to grab the latest v0.59 (11/22) that Tom Frank put up in post#3 earlier today and load it after charging your battery up -- might try poking the hardware reset button also, i.e. charge battery fully until green LED goes out, poke hwreset, load FWTLCAM.BIN file on drive, follow firmware update procedure.
I'm a bit hesitant doing this because I don't know what happens when you do the reset. I haven't found any information about it anywhere yet. Does a reset leave the camera with the last FW or no FW or in a state where it wants FW installed?

Quote:
There's no logical reason why your firmware wouldn't be fully up to date and I can't imagine that a bad firmware update somehow means you get behaviour from earlier firmwares despite having upgraded to the latest one; that just makes no sense.
I agree. So, I'm leaning toward the reset, but haven't done it yet.

Thanks again for the help.
I'm glad I can do this on a holiday so I've got plenty of time to devote to it. Although I should probably get some sleep tonight.

{edit} Oh, BTW, I did manage to shoot some photos. The problem was user error and my misinterpreting the LED displayed on top of the camera. None the less, when I take a photo, I get multiple copies, perhaps from a time-lapse setting that I can't control either. But photos are not flipped. And neither are Mode 2 videos. Only Mode 1 videos are flipped. Not sure if I can call this progress. :-)

Larry
Last edited by OneMoreHobby; Nov 28, 2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 06:44 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
I'm a bit hesitant doing this because I don't know what happens when you do the reset. I haven't found any information about it anywhere yet. Does a reset leave the camera with the last FW or no FW or in a state where it wants FW installed?
Larry
It is perfectly safe to do a reset. It does nothing to alter the firmware in the camera. It simply does a "cold boot" of the camera and clears any hardware toggles that might have gotten into an abnormal state like conflicting settings or a locked/endless loop. The firmware in the camera will still be there, but will start running from a fresh, normal start after a reset.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 08:28 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2011
225 Posts
Quote:
Update: my camera just successfully did this. I am still on the v0.59 from yesterday (did not install v0.59a nor v0.61 yet).

The only difference I can see:

(1) yesterday when it did NOT work, I had only 3 recordings on the SD card, and the battery was full;

(2) today when it did work, I had about 90 files on the SD card totalling about 4.5G, and the battery is lower -- still 3 flashes, but I had it recording for quite awhile.

Perhaps weird things happen if the battery is fully charged?

Anyways, per instructions (everyone with v0.59 should update) I am about to go to FW v0.61.
I re-tested again today, and I get the same results:

Starting with the battery fully charged, I cannot get the in-camera format procedure to work. There is no change when holding down M and unplugging.

I let it record for awhile to drain the battery. After about 10-15 minutes recording, I tried again and it didn't work. I did another 10-15 minutes recording to drain the battery some more. Then the procedure did work as expected. The yellow light flashed a bit, then the red light flashed three times. The card is formatted when I check it.

After formatting the card, I plugged it back in and tried the procedure again. It worked again.

Seems that -- at least on my camera -- when the battery is fully charged the in-camera format procedure does not work, but if it has been drained a bit, the procedure works.

Anyone else ever see that?

EDIT: when I tested today I was using FW v0.61 (0.59 11/22 version). Did not work at full charge, worked after drained.
Last edited by NormMonkey; Nov 28, 2013 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Add firmware info
Old Nov 28, 2013, 08:32 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
FW v0.61 now correctly named back to v0.59

Quote:

OK, I have renamed the latest FW in my download post from v0.61 back to v0.59 as Isoprop suggested. SO, a few added instructions are now needed:

If you are updating from an older FW version number (e.g. v0.53), the update process will be exactly the same as before, whether you do it manually (by downloading and copying the FW to your memory card and turning on the camera), or by using the GUI.

If you have already installed the initial v0.59 with the 2103/11/16 creation date, the manual install process is also still the same, but the GUI method will not work normally if you used it to install the first incorrect version of v0.59: First, the newer version with the 2013/11/22 date will not be alerted by the GUI as a new FW and it will not give the option of downloading it UNTIL you delete the incorrect version stored in your mSetup directory. That directory is shown in the bottom of the GUI Tools page. You must navigate to that directory manually or by simply right clicking on the mSetup icon and selecting "Open file location". Once in that directory, delete the folder named "FWTLCAM_20131116_v0.59.zip". Now re-open the GUI, which will still not alert there is a new FW available, but you can go to the Tools menu and it will show v0.59 as "Online". Now you can download and install it as you normally would.

Are we having fun yet???
Old Nov 28, 2013, 08:48 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
I re-tested again today, and I get the same results:

Starting with the battery fully charged, I cannot get the in-camera format procedure to work. There is no change when holding down M and unplugging.

I let it record for awhile to drain the battery. After about 10-15 minutes recording, I tried again and it didn't work. I did another 10-15 minutes recording to drain the battery some more. Then the procedure did work as expected. The yellow light flashed a bit, then the red light flashed three times. The card is formatted when I check it.

After formatting the card, I plugged it back in and tried the procedure again. It worked again.

Seems that -- at least on my camera -- when the battery is fully charged the in-camera format procedure does not work, but if it has been drained a bit, the procedure works.

Anyone else ever see that?

EDIT: when I tested today I was using FW v0.61 (0.59 11/22 version). Did not work at full charge, worked after drained.
There's no logical explanation I can think of that would explain that. Does it do that with other memory cards?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 09:01 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
A few days ago I commented on my update from 0.47 to 0.59 FW on my week old Mobius. New recordings we're flipped even though the setting for that was "no flip". I thought I had found a solution, but I have not been successful, so I need some guidance on the best course of action. Should I:
- reset the camera
- revert back to FW 0.47 that came on the camera from the seller (eletoponline364) and make updates from there

More info:
- All recordings display the date/time stamp even though I turn the display off in the SYSCFG.TXT file
- I can change the date/time stamp OK in the SYSCFG.TXT file
- I shot 3 video clips, tapping the Mode button between clips; the third video clip was not flipped, but the first two were flipped.

Thanks.

PS. I installed 0.61 but still the same.

Larry
Perhaps if you posted your edited config file it will shed some light on this?

Quote:
Hi Larry,
Also double check that each value has square brackets and a semicolon after it. If you're manually editing there's a slight possibility you have round or curly brackets or a colon instead of a semicolon.

(I realize you've already triple checked the brackets and formatting and I don't mean to imply you're not attentive, I just can't think of anything else and trying to be thorough)
Unless something has changed, the only thing that matters is the square brackets and the value inside. The semi-colon and everything else is ignored, and can be added to or deleted. The FW values will still load correctly either way as long as they are in the correct sequential order. If any of the square bracket line items are moved to a different place in the list, everything after the one that moved will be screwed up royally.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 09:04 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmouz View Post
Hi !

Can I use the Mobius cam for FPV with case and battery removed, powering it with a 5V UBEC
Yes if the UBEC voltage meets the USB standard at all times (+5V, +/- .25V) with or without the full load applied.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 09:36 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesknott View Post
I have a module extension cable.

I can't seem to get the same depth of insertion of the pins into the circuit board socket as the original lens module.
For instance I can get the original lens module ribbon cable and pins around 5mm into the socket.
The extension I can get only around 1 to 2 mm into the socket although the clamp bar does hold it and It films no problem....

I worry that this is not far enough in to get proper clamping and will work loose....

I have tried all sorts to get it in further but just doesn't go in anywhere near as smoothly as the original lens module cable...

Amy thoughts or suggestions.....
I haven't had any time to test these extension cables, but I just took a look. I didn't put my micrometer on them, but the backing strip on the extension cable end ribbon pieces appear it might be ever so slightly thicker than the CMOS ribbon cable end. I tested by trying to insert the CMOS ribbon cable into the extension first, and it was very hard to insert without risking buckling the ribbon and cracking traces. I had to hold and pinch the ribbon end very tightly and S L O W L Y push and work with a wobble to get it to go in. I then tried to insert one end of the 8 in extension into it's opposite end, and it would not even go in! So that confirmed there is a thickness difference. If the extension will go into the circuit board socket, feels like it's held in place, and the lens module works, I wouldn't worry about it too much, though a tiny dab of silicone adhesive at the joint ends would help keep it secure. That can be picked off easily with a tooth pick if necessary. I have a hunch the sockets are designed to accept just a bare ribbon cable, with little or no backing strip. If that's the case, the only way to get easier insertion would be to somehow reduce the backing strip thickness, e.g. maybe some light strokes with a finger nail file on the plastic backing strip laying on a flat surface, but that risks damaging the extension cable obviously.

Though I haven't tried, maybe the pins in the socket will flatten very slightly if a thin strip of something solid can be pushed into the socket without too much force. That's a risky venture as well. Seems like a design oversight, perhaps?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 09:42 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
(2) Shutter button goes from USB-storage to webcam mode, but shutter button in webcam mode doesn't go back to USB-storage mode.

(does anyone else see (2) happening?)

I see FW v0.59a was just posted, but the changelog doesn't mention it yet. Any news about that? Mind you it was just a few minutes ago so I'm just being impatient and overly curious.
The Shutter button toggle from USB drive to web cam mode is a one way operation... you can't toggle back, and this is normal.

I post FW, then do a test download with the GUI to make sure everything works before adding a post that the FW is available. That takes slightly more than a few minutes when things go right. And with .59a, things obviously did not go right at all.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 09:45 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhonwyn View Post
WOW this is a good news.. I'm gonna buy more.... How soon this will be Tom?
It will be ready by Dec. 11, 2014.................................. or perhaps a little sooner.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 09:49 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoppers View Post
Will there also be adjustments on the auto white balance and on a smoother exposure adjustments.

IMHO the AWB on the Keycam is better adjusted or does the hardware make that impossible?
Multiple WB settings are planned, as well as a user defined gains for RGB, BUT, these are just plans at this point. They may not all perform up to expectations, so no promises. I don't know about "smoother" exposure... it's not that bad to me right now. But over/under exposures settings are planned.

The #16 "keycam" had the exact same color shifting issue like the Mobius does when it was new, and it took some time to understand how the DSP chip functioned to work out stability solutions. The Mobius hardware is much more capable and sophisticated, and very new as well. Learning how it functions is a whole new ball game, so solutions will take time as well.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Nov 28, 2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 09:56 PM
Joined Aug 2004
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Multiple WB settings are planned, as well as a user defined gains for RGB, BUT, these are just plans at this point. They may not all perform up to expectations, so no promises. I don't know about "smoother" exposure... it's not that bad to me right now. But over/under exposures settings are planned.
Hi

I believe he meant smoother change in exposure when there is a change in brightness of the scene, such as when the cam seeing the ground, the cam will try to tune up the exposure because the ground is darker, but if the plane tilt up to see more sky, the exposure need to be tune down because the sky is brighter, I wish to see the change in exposure value is more smoother during these moments.

Regards

Rocky
Formosa is offline Find More Posts by Formosa
Last edited by Formosa; Nov 29, 2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:17 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formosa View Post
Hi

I believe he meant smoother change in exposure when there is a change in brightness of the scene, such as when the seeing the ground, the cam will try to tune up the exposure because the ground is darker, but if the plane tilt up to see more sky, the exposure need to be tune down because the sky is brighter, I wish to see the change in exposure value is more smoother during these moments.

Regards

Rocky
What do you mean "smoother"? The changes from sky to ground and vice versa can take place in a fraction of a second with aerial video, and ground shooting as well in some situations. The exposure needs to react fast or risk always being behind the curve with a lot of varying light conditions. If it reacts too fast, there will be almost a flickering effect if the light level is changing up and down frequently (like a plane point at the horizon and buffeting up and down in the wind. There has to be some middle ground for all the kinds of lighting and scenes the camera can encounter, and that means it may not be optimized for a specific light changing condition.

Making more tiny changes with briefer time between each change might look smoother, but if that process takes more time overall, then were back to being behind the curve again. I personally don't see this as a major problem that has a solution.

This keeps getting asked over and over to the point where it's becoming monotonous talking about it. For now, we need to accept the camera for what it can do now while it continues to mature in its FW, and there's much more important image quality issues needing fixing than this.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:04 PM
Joined Nov 2013
1 Posts
Timelapse dedicated

Hello, I got a question about the timelapse mode and the config file, Is it possible to delete the video modes for the camera only works in timelapse mode?
jmoralesan is offline Find More Posts by jmoralesan
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:38 PM
ScotchRocks
Joined Jul 2013
141 Posts
Quote:
*** See post 5036 before you spend any time on this ***
Here ya go - attached. This is the config i had installed on the camera just before I reset it.
At that point in time...
- Date/time worked OK using the ???
- Video modes I did not investigate
- Photo size OK
- Time lapse is something other than the setting 0; for one shot I get multiple photos
- Photo flip is OK at 0 (off)
- Movie cycle time I did not investigate
- Movie loop recording I did not investigate
- Movie sound on OK
- Movie flip; Mode 1 clips are always upside-down while Mode 2 clips are OK. This is true regardless of what setting I make it the config file.
- Movie quality I did not investigate but looks OK
- Movie HDR I did not investigate
- Power on setting seems OK
- Power off setting seems OK
- LED does not flicker regardless of setting
- Charge from host setting seems OK
- Lens options setting seems OK
- Light freq setting seems OK
- TV out setting seems OK
- TV ratio setting seems OK
Last edited by OneMoreHobby; Nov 29, 2013 at 12:31 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:47 PM
ScotchRocks
Joined Jul 2013
141 Posts
Quote:
Continuing on from previous post...
Attached it the config file I retrieved from the camera after doing the reset along with a photo from those settings. Obviously some things got changed from the settings shown in the previous post and I didn't change them. Video clips show the same color problem, Mode 1 clips still flipped, Mode 2 clips oriented correctly.
Last edited by OneMoreHobby; Nov 28, 2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 12:16 AM
ScotchRocks
Joined Jul 2013
141 Posts
Quote:
... Obviously some things got changed ...
I'm happy to say that all my problems have miraculously vanished. I'm sad to say I have no idea why or how. The color is now correct for videos and stills. All video clips are properly oriented. The red led on the back blinks when shooting video. The only change I made was to fix the date/time stamp in the config file and upload it to the camera. That is all I did. I'm utterly confused by all this, but I'm also happy to get my camera back in operation.

I'm moving on and not looking back!

Larry

[EDIT] I did edit the post-reset config file settings to match the pre-reset config file settings, and then changed the date/time stamp, but still...
Last edited by OneMoreHobby; Nov 29, 2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 12:18 AM
Joined Aug 2004
316 Posts
Quote:
What do you mean "smoother"? The changes from sky to ground and vice versa can take place in a fraction of a second with aerial video, and ground shooting as well in some situations. The exposure needs to react fast or risk always being behind the curve with a lot of varying light conditions. If it reacts too fast, there will be almost a flickering effect if the light level is changing up and down frequently (like a plane point at the horizon and buffeting up and down in the wind. There has to be some middle ground for all the kinds of lighting and scenes the camera can encounter, and that means it may not be optimized for a specific light changing condition.

Making more tiny changes with briefer time between each change might look smoother, but if that process takes more time overall, then were back to being behind the curve again. I personally don't see this as a major problem that has a solution.

This keeps getting asked over and over to the point where it's becoming monotonous talking about it. For now, we need to accept the camera for what it can do now while it continues to mature in its FW, and there's much more important image quality issues needing fixing than this.
Hi

For example, when the cam see a need to change its exposure valve when it see change in brightness of the scene, change it in 10 increments, with each increment in shorter duration, as compare with 2 increments in longer duration. Total time during the changing process is the same.

Regards

Rocky
Formosa is offline Find More Posts by Formosa
Old Nov 29, 2013, 04:02 AM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
United States, LA, Moreauville
Joined Jan 2002
4,359 Posts
Here's a video using 0.59, it seems to work well, at least as far as I've tried...

Monkey Blunt, easy Popwing/Teksumo FPV (5 min 13 sec)
KeithLuneau is online now Find More Posts by KeithLuneau
Old Nov 29, 2013, 06:35 AM
France, Alsace, Colmar
Joined Nov 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Yes if the UBEC voltage meets the USB standard at all times (+5V, +/- .25V) with or without the full load applied.
OK Thanks !

Is there a significant improvement by using a new firmware ? Which firmware is the most stable at the moment ?
Old Nov 29, 2013, 06:44 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,775 Posts
Anyone know how much power the Mobius consumes when charging + recording + outputing live video and only recording + live video?
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Nov 29, 2013, 06:57 AM
Joined Nov 2013
14 Posts
Hello !

would i get any problem with this converter ?
From 12V DC car to mini-usb 5V DC. 3A output ?

Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:01 AM
Joined Nov 2013
14 Posts
Other question.

Which is the limit count of naming ? i mean, IMAG0000.jpg has 9999 limit.

If i want to timelapse with microSD card size limit ?? i could get 30000 frames aprox. but naming limit ???

thank you
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:05 AM
Germany, HH, Hamburg
Joined Sep 2012
96 Posts
Quote:

The #16 "keycam" had the exact same color shifting issue like the Mobius does when it was new, and it took some time to understand how the DSP chip functioned to work out stability solutions. The Mobius hardware is much more capable and sophisticated, and very new as well. Learning how it functions is a whole new ball game, so solutions will take time as well.
Thank you for your reply.

That is very nice to read. Does that mean:
1.Multiple manual white balance settings
2. improved auto white balance?

If the developers adjust the AWB, do you just change the mentioned above RGB gains or is that more complicated?

Maybe I used the wrong word I meant the AGC or auto brightness adjustment. It would be very nice and would look much more high quality if those auto adjustments were not ease to remark. For that a smoother regulation, that means not brightness adjustment in steps but "sliding" into darker brightness. I'm sorry my English is not the best.
Knoppers is offline Find More Posts by Knoppers
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:25 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Other question.

Which is the limit count of naming ? i mean, IMAG0000.jpg has 9999 limit.

If i want to timelapse with microSD card size limit ?? i could get 30000 frames aprox. but naming limit ???

thank you
The limit is over 99 million files, so 30000 files is peanuts! When 9999 is used up, a new folder (up to 9999 folders) will be created and the file naming will start again at 0001. 9999 x 9999. By then the FAT will most likely be totally messed up!
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:29 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Hello !

would i get any problem with this converter ?
From 12V DC car to mini-usb 5V DC. 3A output ?

Should work fine so long as the output is 5V ±5%.
A 100A converter would also work just as well!
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:32 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Anyone know how much power the Mobius consumes when charging + recording + outputing live video and only recording + live video?
See post #7 here for some answers, without charging. If you want to do everything together, then you should use a 1A charger. Current draw varies. There are peaks when data is written to the card. The link only shows average values. An under-dimensioned charger will soon destroy the battery and likely the Mobius as well.
Last edited by Isoprop; Nov 29, 2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:37 AM
Joined Nov 2013
14 Posts
Quote:
The limit is over 99 million files, so 30000 files is peanuts! When 9999 is used up, a new folder (up to 9999 folders) will be created and the file naming will start again at 0001. 9999 x 9999. By then the FAT will most likely be totally messed up!
Quote:
Should work fine so long as the output is 5V ±5%.
A 100A converter would also work just as well!
Thank you so much, i didn't know new folder generating when reach 9999 the first one.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 08:12 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2011
225 Posts
Quote:
There's no logical explanation I can think of that would explain that. Does it do that with other memory cards?
Yep. Guess it's just a quirk of my camera. Maybe my battery or a voltage sensor on the board is out of tolerance and the firmware refuses to do the in-camera format unless certain values are within range?

Either way, mystery solved. In-camera format function works for me as long as I don't have a full battery. therau2000 confirmed that the camera is not expected to go from webcam mode back to usb-storage mode, so that's just an issue in the manual, not a mystery.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 08:22 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formosa View Post
Hi

For example, when the cam see a need to change its exposure valve when it see change in brightness of the scene, change it in 10 increments, with each increment in shorter duration, as compare with 2 increments in longer duration. Total time during the changing process is the same.

Regards

Rocky
Total time would be the same ONLY IF the camera hardware has enough processing speed that it can make the increased number of smaller incremental adjustments while also doing all the other tasks it must do before it's time to start the capture cycle for the next frame. For example, it might take 1 msec. to make one step, regardless of how large the step is. So in your example, it would take 5 times longer to make the 10 steps... 10 msec. total instead of 2. At 30 fps there's only 33-1/3 msec total to do the entire frame capture, and half that at 60 fps. This is just a hypothetical example. I don't know what the limits are for the camera's hardware, but top priority must always be to not run out of processing time and drop a frame because the hardware was making a small incremental step in brightness when it should have been writing the file to the memory card.

If this is something that can be tweaked, I think the developer will investigate it as the hardware matures. Right now, there's bigger issues with image quality to try to resolve.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Nov 29, 2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 08:25 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoralesan View Post
Hello, I got a question about the timelapse mode and the config file, Is it possible to delete the video modes for the camera only works in timelapse mode?
No.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 08:30 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
I'm happy to say that all my problems have miraculously vanished. I'm sad to say I have no idea why or how. The color is now correct for videos and stills. All video clips are properly oriented. The red led on the back blinks when shooting video. The only change I made was to fix the date/time stamp in the config file and upload it to the camera. That is all I did. I'm utterly confused by all this, but I'm also happy to get my camera back in operation.

I'm moving on and not looking back!

Larry

[EDIT] I did edit the post-reset config file settings to match the pre-reset config file settings, and then changed the date/time stamp, but still...
I was not able to download your config files, but there must have been some tiny difference in the structure that impacted the settings. But, glad to hear it's worked itself out.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 08:59 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
OK Thanks !

Is there a significant improvement by using a new firmware ? Which firmware is the most stable at the moment ?
Every new FW is either adding a new function or trying to fix a bug or issue with an existing one. Sometimes a fix can cause a totally unexpected side issue somewhere else in the camera's function set. Beta testing cannot possibly investigate all the combinations of settings before releasing a new FW in a reasonable time period. The changes in new FW is described in three places, i.e. in my new release announcement posts, in the comment filed that accompanies the FW file in on the download page, and in the on-going FW Release History text file that is always present on the download page with the FW file.

So, it's your choice whether to update (or not) to get new functions and/or fixes for known problems, with the very slight possibility there may be a new issue somewhere else. IMHO, there's little reason NOT to always do the updates when new FW is released.

There is no need to fear bricking the camera with a bad FW update. The boot loader code that looks for new FW and configuration files on the memory card is totally separate from the FW itself, and it execute first before the FW is run. It's always possible to do a new FW upload if something should go wrong (like battery failure) during an upload.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 09:12 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Comments in BLUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoppers View Post
Thank you for your reply.

That is very nice to read. Does that mean:
1.Multiple manual white balance settings
Multiple WB settings for different light conditions are planned. They will be fixed settings that can be manually toggled. The "Lens Option" toggle now in the FW gives a different autoWB setting for the different lens characteristics.

2. improved auto white balance?
Hopefully!

If the developers adjust the AWB, do you just change the mentioned above RGB gains or is that more complicated?
I have no idea. There is a user-toggled Custom RGB setting planned, but it's not functional yet. I've noticed that WB in bright light is different from WB in shadow areas, so I doubt any one fixed setting WB setting is going be ideal either.

Maybe I used the wrong word I meant the AGC or auto brightness adjustment. It would be very nice and would look much more high quality if those auto adjustments were not ease to remark. For that a smoother regulation, that means not brightness adjustment in steps but "sliding" into darker brightness. I'm sorry my English is not the best.
See my post #5049 for comments.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 09:45 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,775 Posts
Quote:
See post #7 here for some answers, without charging. If you want to do everything together, then you should use a 1A charger. Current draw varies. There are peaks when data is written to the card. The link only shows average values. An under-dimensioned charger will soon destroy the battery and likely the Mobius as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku View Post
Battery being charged from flat, recording 1080p, outputting video: 550mA @ 4.93v (2.71 watts)
Perfect, that means my 3A switching bec should be more then enough for my 2 servos, Mobius, gyro and rx.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 09:59 AM
Joined Nov 2013
59 Posts
Anyone have any idea if this item is fake? - Sold for 16$ less [53$] from 100% top rated seller... donno if its black friday or a new fraud...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mobius-Actio...item2a349fb974

What do you think?
PsyOr is offline Find More Posts by PsyOr
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:16 AM
Joined Oct 2013
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyOr View Post
Anyone have any idea if this item is fake? - Sold for 16$ less [53$] from 100% top rated seller... donno if its black friday or a new fraud...

What do you think?
Even though somewhat low feedback, they have been an eBay member since 2006. Most times somebody who has been around that long isn't a scammer. They also claim to be the actual manufacturer. That seems a little fishy as the manufacturer doesn't typically undercut their distributors like that or sell car emblems and stuff but who knows ??? Since I can use PayPal and looking for another I'm going to give it a shot
bfranker is offline Find More Posts by bfranker
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:24 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,775 Posts
Wait what? thats sounds extremly fishy.

eletoponline365 and digitalele889 sells directly from the factory.

Expect it to be fake until someone developing mobius confirms that its a third factory seller.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:24 AM
Joined Nov 2013
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfranker View Post
Even though somewhat low feedback, they have been an eBay member since 2006. Most times somebody who has been around that long isn't a scammer. They also claim to be the actual manufacturer. That seems a little fishy as the manufacturer doesn't typically undercut their distributors like that or sell car emblems and stuff but who knows ??? Since I can use PayPal and looking for another I'm going to give it a shot
Maybe I'll go for it as well...anyway let us know what is your thoughts after you recive it...

Anyway I have 2 questions, hope someone could answer them:
1. There is any waterproof case for this camera?
2. I want to buy a cheap [for first experience / testing] quadcopter/helicopter to check and take some videos with the camera, I've seen this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161141190582...84.m1423.l2649
There is something like this recommanded/cheaper to try the camera with it?
PsyOr is offline Find More Posts by PsyOr
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:13 AM
Canada, NB, Saint John
Joined Oct 2013
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesknott View Post
I have a module extension cable.

I can't seem to get the same depth of insertion of the pins into the circuit board socket as the original lens module.
For instance I can get the original lens module ribbon cable and pins around 5mm into the socket.
The extension I can get only around 1 to 2 mm into the socket although the clamp bar does hold it and It films no problem....

I worry that this is not far enough in to get proper clamping and will work loose....

I have tried all sorts to get it in further but just doesn't go in anywhere near as smoothly as the original lens module cable...

Amy thoughts or suggestions.....
I just added 8 cables to 8 cameras. I had the same problem with some of the cameras.

I taped a couple pieced of mat board onto the ends of curved needle nose pliers. The mat board and tape are soft enough I am not worried with damaging the cable. I can also grab very close to where it is being inserted. The curve of the pliers allow the cable to continue on past.

After inserting them all using my hand and gently rocking back and forth I went back and used the pliers. I was able to push in a couple others quite easily.

I had some issues with the cameras that I hope are resolved now I pushed them in all the way with the pliers. I will be testing the cameras again very soon.
See: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=407
j1vvy is offline Find More Posts by j1vvy
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:19 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Maybe I'll go for it as well...anyway let us know what is your thoughts after you recive it...

Anyway I have 2 questions, hope someone could answer them:
2. I want to buy a cheap [for first experience / testing] quadcopter/helicopter to check and take some videos with the camera, I've seen this one:
There is something like this recommanded/cheaper to try the camera with it?
1. No waterproof case (yet).
2. This is off this thread's topic of supporting operation and issues with the camera. Unless someone here has that specific heli or knows how much weight it can lift, you won't get any definitive answers here. Try the Mobius Owners thread or the dedicated heli forum for more discussion.

If any one here one has feedback, please use PM.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:44 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,034 Posts
Quote:
Not yet but if you use thread tools, view attachments, you will see some adapted cases.
I doubt that you would get off the ground with that heli. You are really looking for something like this
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-WL...F-p-67469.html which will bind to Fly Sky and Hobbyking TX's or buy the version with TX. A larger and more stable platform would be this one which is similar in size to the AR Drone http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V262-...F-p-77720.html
If you dead set on s heli then the WL Toys V912 would take up the Mobuis
http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V912-...e-p-75662.html or cheaper if you already have a Fly Sky or HK TX
Andy

Sorry Tom, typing my reply as you posted
headlessagain is online now Find More Posts by headlessagain
Old Nov 29, 2013, 12:44 PM
Official Android Developer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
427 Posts
Quote:

What do you think?
Thread title: Discussion The Mobius ActionCam Support Thread (Posts #1-#8 mandatory reading!)

Did you read the first 8 posts ?

Post #2 lists all verified Mobius ActionCam sellers/resellers.

If you don't buy from a verified seller/reseller, you will likely get a bogus product that may or may not look like the real thing.
therau2000 is offline Find More Posts by therau2000
Old Nov 29, 2013, 01:15 PM
Joined Nov 2013
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1vvy View Post
I just added 8 cables to 8 cameras. I had the same problem with some of the cameras.

I taped a couple pieced of mat board onto the ends of curved needle nose pliers. The mat board and tape are soft enough I am not worried with damaging the cable. I can also grab very close to where it is being inserted. The curve of the pliers allow the cable to continue on past.

After inserting them all using my hand and gently rocking back and forth I went back and used the pliers. I was able to push in a couple others quite easily.

I had some issues with the cameras that I hope are resolved now I pushed them in all the way with the pliers. I will be testing the cameras again very soon.
See: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=407
Thanks for the info on your findings.

So whoever manufacturers the extension would seem to have deviation in the production of them and quality control?

I will have another go to see if I can get the pins in further with the tool as shown...
jamesknott is offline Find More Posts by jamesknott
Old Nov 29, 2013, 01:28 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Aug 2013
22 Posts
Tom, as you are in constant contact with the developers would it be possible to find out when the super capacitor for this camera will be released.
fatpanda is offline Find More Posts by fatpanda
Old Nov 29, 2013, 01:45 PM
It only cost £50 honest!
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Oct 2007
338 Posts
Quote:

What do you think?
Looks fake to me, been a member for 7 years and only 71 transactions?
If it is and you buy it, you have to send it back at your expense and wait for a refund of the purchase price. not worth the risk to me.
David Parry is offline Find More Posts by David Parry
Old Nov 29, 2013, 01:49 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatpanda View Post
Tom, as you are in constant contact with the developers would it be possible to find out when the super capacitor for this camera will be released.
The developer reads this thread, so it's redundant for me to ask again. If there's anything he wants to share with the user base, he let's me know. I can say it's not his desire to give advance information that he cannot have confidence he can fulfill. He may not be finished developing this yet.

One thing I was told a couple months ago was that it would be necessary to have immediate shutdown if external power is disconnected because there was not enough power stored to keep the camera running and still assure saving the last clip. This may not be what users are expecting, or maybe that's still subject to further development and could change.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 05:21 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
427 Posts
Warning: Android 4.3 Upgrade

* * * Warning: Android 4.3 Upgrade * * *

If you are currently running any of my apps on your Android 4.0, 4.1, or 4.2 device,
and are thinking of upgrading your device OS to Android 4.3,
please read carefully recently updated section "Most Annoying Issues with Android 4.3"
of my Android Support Page

before

doing the upgrade.

That will hopefully save you a lot of frustration.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 05:58 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,775 Posts
Had one of those, oooh right moments today.

Was wiring my mobius and fpv gear on my wing.
i turned on the camera, checked that everything seemed ok. Then went to fetch my tx to check for interference from openlrs. I powered it up and then looked at the fpv screen. Everything was completely orange, but otherwise completely fine. I was all , wt is going on.

Then i realized, i had the mobius pointing at a wooden wall, with bad lighting. This totally messed up the color calibration so that the screen was about as orange as a carrot in direct sunlight.

From now on im going to make sure i have something white in front of the camera when testing my setups .
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:12 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Aug 2013
22 Posts
Quote:
The developer reads this thread, so it's redundant for me to ask again. If there's anything he wants to share with the user base, he let's me know. I can say it's not his desire to give advance information that he cannot have confidence he can fulfill. He may not be finished developing this yet.

One thing I was told a couple months ago was that it would be necessary to have immediate shutdown if external power is disconnected because there was not enough power stored to keep the camera running and still assure saving the last clip. This may not be what users are expecting, or maybe that's still subject to further development and could change.
And the option for the immediate shutdown is already available in the latest firmware.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 01:32 AM
France, Alsace, Colmar
Joined Nov 2013
9 Posts
Quote:

What do you think?
I've contacted the seller :

Hi,
Is it a Mobius Cam or a copy ?

Hello
Project is genuine, thank you
- guduzhong2222
Old Nov 30, 2013, 02:38 AM
Joined Jan 2002
4,359 Posts
Here's a bit of video using 0.59 in low light. Looks good to me!

Low light with Mobius, f/w version 0.59 (3 min 15 sec)
Old Nov 30, 2013, 03:33 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,531 Posts
Yesterday I flew my Radian Glider with the Mobius #16 in the cold -12'C or 8'F without the chill factor for me
Anyway it did very well but on one flight it stopped recording at just a bit over 2 min, but on the other flights it was recording until I turned it off.
Not shure if the cold had something to do with it.
Anyway still very happy with this camera.

Radian cold Flight (3 min 22 sec)
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Nov 30, 2013, 03:38 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLuneau View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCP2BnwkPkk
Very cool! now you need runway lights
The quality is amazing when its very steady in flight
Old Nov 30, 2013, 03:49 AM
Joined Jul 2012
30 Posts
Is it the original Mobius ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
Did you even get as far as reading the second of Toms FAQ posts. ???
No guess not

China
eletoponline365

digitalele889

UK
http://joovuu.com/store/index.php?id...roller=product
http://www.webbex.net/web/shop/viewi...d=17&groupid=0
Hi,
Is it the original ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181271509364...ht_3384wt_1362
Thanks
eitan is offline Find More Posts by eitan
Old Nov 30, 2013, 03:53 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eitan View Post
Thats the one but sold without the card
Old Nov 30, 2013, 04:11 AM
Joined Jul 2012
30 Posts
Is this the original camera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
Thanks
The seller claims to the manufacturer and developer of this camera:

"We are the manufacturer and developer of this camera. We got great and generous help and support from many great people through Internet when developing this camera. That’s the reason we can make it so cost-effective. The price is amazingly low, but the quality is great. We just saved huge costs in developing and marketing and distribution."

Sounds weird...
eitan is offline Find More Posts by eitan
Old Nov 30, 2013, 04:11 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Aug 2011
306 Posts
Quote:
* * * Warning: Android 4.3 Upgrade * * *

If you are currently running any of my apps on your Android 4.0, 4.1, or 4.2 device,
and are thinking of upgrading your device OS to Android 4.3,
please read carefully recently updated section "Most Annoying Issues with Android 4.3"
of my Android Support Page

before

doing the upgrade.

That will hopefully save you a lot of frustration.
What about 4.4? I've just received upgrades on my Nexus 7 - seems to be working OK.
David Jenkins is offline Find More Posts by David Jenkins
Old Nov 30, 2013, 04:14 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Thanks
The seller claims to the manufacturer and developer of this camera:

"We are the manufacturer and developer of this camera. We got great and generous help and support from many great people through Internet when developing this camera. That’s the reason we can make it so cost-effective. The price is amazingly low, but the quality is great. We just saved huge costs in developing and marketing and distribution."

Sounds weird...
I would still stick to the official sellers , if you add the card it comes to the same price anyway and you know you are getting the original one.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 04:21 AM
ptg
Barjetling Academy #1
Joined Apr 2005
350 Posts
Quote:
What CARD ?
ptg is offline Find More Posts by ptg
Old Nov 30, 2013, 04:24 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptg View Post
What CARD ?
The micro SD card
Lots of sellers dont have them with the camera
Old Nov 30, 2013, 04:28 AM
ptg
Barjetling Academy #1
Joined Apr 2005
350 Posts
Quote:
The micro SD card
Lots of sellers dont have them with the camera
As far I know our trusted sellers have Mobiuss without card for 68.99 $.
So ?
ptg is offline Find More Posts by ptg
Old Nov 30, 2013, 04:31 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptg View Post
As far I know our trusted sellers have Mobiuss without card for 68.99 $.
So ?
Thats good at least you know its the original
Old Nov 30, 2013, 06:38 AM
France, Alsace, Colmar
Joined Nov 2013
9 Posts
I have finally ordered a Mobuis cam after a long hesitation with Keychain 808 !

I hope it will worth it

I currently have Micro SD Card - Sony 16GB Micro SD SDHC class 10 UHS-1

and I have read on the first post that sometime Class 10 card could have issue with Mobius...
Do you know if I will have to buy another SD card ?
Old Nov 30, 2013, 06:43 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,531 Posts
Quote:

I hope it will worth it

and I have read on the first post that sometime Class 10 card could have issue with Mobius...
I use the PNY Micro SD HC 8GB class 10 and had no problems
Old Nov 30, 2013, 08:09 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:

I hope it will worth it

There were one or two posts about cards not working, but they may have been due to something else like bad formatting or fake cards. I am not aware of any real card compatibility problems.
This is not saying that all cards will work, but the percentage of incompatible cards must be very, very minute. Keep to genuine brand names like Kingston, Sandisk and Transcend and you'll be OK.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 08:17 AM
France, Alsace, Colmar
Joined Nov 2013
9 Posts
OK Thanks for your replies

I will format my SONY card with the GUI software and I hope it will be OK !
Old Nov 30, 2013, 08:19 AM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
896 Posts
Quote:
I've contacted the seller :

Hi,
Is it a Mobius Cam or a copy ?

Hello
Project is genuine, thank you
- guduzhong2222
I always ask whether it's genuine before I buy a $20 Rolex on the street corner...

Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:45 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
BEWARE SPAMMER - eBay seller guduzhong2222

Quote:
News Flash from the developer

Quick reaction from the Mobius developer informing us that this seller is most likely a SPAMMER.

The developer has NOT sent any cameras to him and the seller has simply copied the data from eletoponline365's site.

The seller (guduzhong2222) is UNKNOWN to the developer!!

You have been warned, and Tom keeps warning you
Old Nov 30, 2013, 11:27 AM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jenkins View Post
What about 4.4? I've just received upgrades on my Nexus 7 - seems to be working OK.
I don't have an Android 4.4 device (yet), so please email me your feedback whether everything works out great or if you encounter any issue similar to those listed in my Android Support Page.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 11:33 AM
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Oct 2001
165 Posts
I just bought one from .banggood.com. I hope it is not a fake one.
Cub Man is offline Find More Posts by Cub Man
Old Nov 30, 2013, 11:39 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub Man View Post
I just bought one from .banggood.com. I hope it is not a fake one.
Banggood is genuine.
See here.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 11:43 AM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
427 Posts
Quote:
News Flash from the developer

Quick reaction from the Mobius developer informing us that this seller is most likely a SPAMMER.

The developer has NOT sent any cameras to him and the seller has simply copied the data from eletoponline365's site.

The seller (guduzhong2222) is UNKNOWN to the developer!!

You have been warned, and Tom keeps warning you
I still can't figure out why... mother tells little kid not to touch the hot stove, and first thing he does is burn himself.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 11:58 AM
France, Alsace, Colmar
Joined Nov 2013
9 Posts
Fortunately I have ordered mine to eletoponline365 with free cables until December
Old Nov 30, 2013, 12:37 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,991 Posts
Quote:
I still can't figure out why... mother tells little kid not to touch the hot stove, and first thing he does is burn himself.
More money than sense. Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Nov 30, 2013, 12:42 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Nov 2011
855 Posts
Quote:
Yesterday I flew my Radian Glider with the Mobius #16 in the cold -12'C or 8'F without the chill factor for me
Anyway it did very well but on one flight it stopped recording at just a bit over 2 min, but on the other flights it was recording until I turned it off.
Not shure if the cold had something to do with it.
Anyway still very happy with this camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmn0...yer_detailpage
I have the same thing in 40 degree F weather. Cold causes the lipo battery in the cam to ot work. This s normal.
Tom
TScott1118 is online now Find More Posts by TScott1118
Old Nov 30, 2013, 12:54 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLuneau View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCP2BnwkPkk
Awesome
However it seems mobius color corrects for the horizon/sun when you face it.
Would it be possible to add a option in the setup utility ("night/dusk mode"), so it only use the bottom 1/3 or 1/2 of the picture for color corrections?

This should let one see the ground much better when facing the sun, at the cost of the sky beeing to bright. That could probably be improved if there's processing power over for some form of filter to limit max brightness.

This would make the Mobius a much better dusk/night fpv camera.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 02:08 PM
Joined Jan 2002
4,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Awesome
However it seems mobius color corrects for the horizon/sun when you face it.
Would it be possible to add a option in the setup utility ("night/dusk mode"), so it only use the bottom 1/3 or 1/2 of the picture for color corrections?

This should let one see the ground much better when facing the sun, at the cost of the sky beeing to bright. That could probably be improved if there's processing power over for some form of filter to limit max brightness.

This would make the Mobius a much better dusk/night fpv camera.
I think the camera is already doing a real good job considering what it is. I don't mean that in a bad way either... lol At this price point I think you'll either have to go for a great HD camera for normal lighting, or a dedicated flight cam than can work well in nearly all conditions. I have both on this little wing, I posted the ground recording with the flight cam also, it's on my channel. (https://www.youtube.com/bonafidepirate The video just before the Mobius low light one, "3 miles to Simmesport")

Normally I wouldn't even use video this dark and grainy, but I figured it would be a good way to see if the bugs mentioned in the 0.59 update were taken care of or not. Under that lighting, none of my HD cameras would have worked any better! (GoPro, Sony AS10, Kodak Playsport, etc.)
Old Nov 30, 2013, 03:28 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Aug 2011
306 Posts
Quote:
I don't have an Android 4.4 device (yet), so please email me your feedback whether everything works out great or if you encounter any issue similar to those listed in my Android Support Page.
Will do... I'll send feedback direct to avoid cluttering this forum.
David Jenkins is offline Find More Posts by David Jenkins
Old Nov 30, 2013, 03:33 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Aug 2013
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jenkins View Post
Will do... I'll send feedback direct to avoid cluttering this forum.
5099 posts and you are worried about cluttering the forum!
Old Nov 30, 2013, 04:28 PM
Canada, NB, Saint John
Joined Oct 2013
48 Posts
Recording connected to USB

I think I discovered a bug. Using the newest v0.59 FW

If I record with Video Clip Length set to Max, while connected to USB to ensure it had enough power to fill the card, only one file is created. The camera stopped recording after making a single 4GB file.
I repeated the test with that camera and another with the same result.

I changed to record to 15 min files and both cameras recorded until the card was full.

Not sure if this is a new issue or something that was introduced with the latest FW. Did not try with an earlier FW.

Jim
j1vvy is offline Find More Posts by j1vvy