Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jun 06, 2014, 12:04 AM
Canada, NB, Saint John
Joined Oct 2013
46 Posts
I Use PTGui to correct lens distortion which uses the Panotools lens model.
Having very good distortion correction values is very important when stitching images together.
The radial distortion values will be different for different cropping.
Besides the radial distortion values it is also important to calculate the horizontal and vertical shift from center of each lens and sensor pair. This value is in pixels so will be different for different video modes.

Once you have good values you can save them and use them again later.

I tested 22 different Mobius cameras all with lens 'B' in 1080p wide mode.
I found the lens to be very close to an equidistant fisheye projection. http://wiki.panotools.org/Fisheye_Projection
abc of -0.0027 -0.0093 -0.0008
HFoV varied from 107 to 119. After refocusing the lenses I got these much closer.
I had lens shift as high as 172 pixels but no visible vignetting.

Having accurate values are less important when the subject mater is far away. Also, the closer the subject the more important it is to rotate the lens around the No-Parallax-Point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViorelX View Post
My only complain is the barrel distortion (lens type A) and I have tried to fix this by computer processing. I have made a Matlab program to correct still images.

The correction is performed assuming only radial distortion: a point viewed at a direction theta is imaged at a radius position r=f*sin(theta) instead of r=f*tan(theta), as if the optics did not distort the image.
By trial and error I have found the best value of f=4.3mm, although the focal length of the lens is actually less.
I also measured the CMOS area: 5.4x3.6 mm with a calliper (very carefully to avoid scratching).

Now I need to know better the distorsion function of the objective, in order to get a better correction. Who knows it?
j1vvy is offline Find More Posts by j1vvy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2014, 02:06 AM
Donetsk,Ukraine.
Joined Sep 2010
221 Posts
del
gekanukr is offline Find More Posts by gekanukr
Last edited by gekanukr; Jun 06, 2014 at 02:21 AM.
Old Jun 06, 2014, 04:42 AM
Rchelistuff
Romania, AR, Arad
Joined Nov 2012
496 Posts
Anyone can suggest a goot water/dustproof case?
Tx
cofl10011 is offline Find More Posts by cofl10011
Old Jun 06, 2014, 04:59 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofl10011 View Post
Anyone can suggest a goot water/dustproof case?
Tx
I don't know of any transmitter waterproof cases, but JooVuu does one for the Rx. There is a link to his UK shop in the first few posts, you may have missed it when you first read them...
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Jun 06, 2014, 10:50 AM
Joined May 2014
3 Posts
Can somebody please post a picture of the side profile/side on view of their wide angle (lense B) Mobius? I fear that my ones lense sticks out at an unusual angle.
killerfishfinger is offline Find More Posts by killerfishfinger
Old Jun 06, 2014, 10:51 AM
Rchelistuff
Romania, AR, Arad
Joined Nov 2012
496 Posts
I meant mobius case...
cofl10011 is offline Find More Posts by cofl10011
Old Jun 06, 2014, 11:09 AM
Joined May 2014
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofl10011 View Post
I meant mobius case...
I think there's only 1 waterproof mobius case currently available: https://joovuu.com/gb/home/103-mobiu...roof-case.html
killerfishfinger is offline Find More Posts by killerfishfinger
Old Jun 06, 2014, 12:10 PM
Joined Mar 2012
20 Posts
Hi,

are there any release dates planned for the next firmware version?

Best regards,
mcc
camcc is offline Find More Posts by camcc
Old Jun 06, 2014, 12:19 PM
animator in Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jan 2014
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camcc View Post
Hi,

are there any release dates planned for the next firmware version?
If you read a few posts back, you can see that it won't be announced until it's ready...
Janke is offline Find More Posts by Janke
Old Jun 06, 2014, 12:39 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerfishfinger View Post
I think there's only 1 waterproof mobius case currently available: https://joovuu.com/gb/home/103-mobiu...roof-case.html
I have this on the way and plan to go snorkling with it. Nothing that deep 10 feet maybe........ Let y'all know how it works
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Jun 06, 2014, 01:19 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerfishfinger View Post
Can somebody please post a picture of the side profile/side on view of their wide angle (lense B) Mobius? I fear that my ones lense sticks out at an unusual angle.
Why don't you include a picture of yours? There are pictures of the wide angle lens in the camera if you follow the link in post #2. If it's not straight out the front, it's not seated fully in the case restraint notches. Push it in by the two screw lugs on the sides, NOT by pushing down on the top of the ribbon cable coming out the top of the module.... that can crack the copper traces in the cable and ruin the module.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 06, 2014, 04:36 PM
Australia, VIC, Point Cook
Joined Jul 2006
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loupy31 View Post
Hi guys,
I recently purchased a Mobius cam, I want to use it via a tx to a ground station Or Goggles. I also purchased the special cable for A/V and Power.
I was thinking of using a Ubec to power the cam, the 5V Ubec give a voltage of 5.27 v No Load, will this be usable with the cam?
? No Takers?
Loupy31 is offline Find More Posts by Loupy31
Old Jun 06, 2014, 05:53 PM
Joined Apr 2010
1,344 Posts
Quote:
? No Takers?
Post #7: If the voltage supplied to the camera's USB port is in excess of 5V (5%) there is also the risk of over stressing the camera's circuitry.

5.27V should be suitable.
Mortimer is online now Find More Posts by Mortimer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 5V Power Supply
Old Jun 07, 2014, 06:01 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,957 Posts
Quote:
? No Takers?
Correct, because it is all ready answered in the first 7 posts.
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Jun 07, 2014, 06:38 AM
Joined Jun 2014
1 Posts
Recordinf empty files

Hello,
I have a problem with my Mobius ActionCam (updated firmware) with a 32GB microSD class10 in it. With an empty card it works OK, but whenever the size of recorded files exceeds approximately 4GB, subsequent videos and photos are "void". I mean they have the size they are supposed to have, but they cannot be opened (viewed/played) and when I look at them in hexadecimal, they contain only zeros.

I tried formating the card in the camera as well as in Windows.
I'm going to try another card as soon as I come by one.

I couldn't google anything helpful
Did anyone deal with this problem before?
Thanks for any advice

SOLVED: my memory card is defective (according to h2testw 1.4)
McLayn is offline Find More Posts by McLayn
Last edited by McLayn; Jun 07, 2014 at 09:33 AM. Reason: solved
Old Jun 07, 2014, 07:47 AM
Bleriot's R Us
Ireland, Donegal
Joined Nov 2003
1,002 Posts
From my experience class 10 cards give the most problems class 4 as recommended by manuf work much better
xairflyer is online now Find More Posts by xairflyer
Old Jun 07, 2014, 07:54 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLayn View Post
I tried formating the card in the camera as well as in Windows.
Did you format the card in the camera using Msetup or the In-Camera formatter, as shown in the Mobius user manual or did you just format using Windows with the camera as an external card reader.
There is a huge difference. Use one of the first two method and try again.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Jun 07, 2014, 08:34 AM
Joined Jan 2014
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLayn View Post
Hello,
I have a problem with my Mobius ActionCam (updated firmware) with a 32GB microSD class10 in it. With an empty card it works OK, but whenever the size of recorded files exceeds approximately 4GB, subsequent videos and photos are "void".

Could it be a fake card? Such abound on eBay...
Old Jun 07, 2014, 09:16 AM
France, Pays de la Loire, Nantes
Joined Sep 2010
173 Posts
_.----.__.----.__.----.__.----.__.----.__.----.__.----.__.----.__.----.__.----.__.----.__.----._
That can be a nice idea to create a topic which collect the ideas of the owners for the next step FW
_.----.__.----.__.----.__.----.__.----.__.----.__.----.__.----.__.----.__.----.__.----.__.----._

For example:
I wish a tool who can personalize the Time Stamp, and choose if I want it on video, or picture, or video+picture.
alex_007 is offline Find More Posts by alex_007
Old Jun 07, 2014, 10:05 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jan 2011
68 Posts
I use a sandisk Ultra class 10 32gb HC I. never had a problem
azzurripro is offline Find More Posts by azzurripro
Old Jun 07, 2014, 10:08 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
2,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
I had my Mobius on my PZ ICON A5, and when I landed, the rudder servo stuck in full right position. Way out in the lake. I thought if I gave it some more throttle I might get it to unstick. In the process of jockeying it around, I managed to flip it upside down.

By the the time I rounded up a boat for rescue, the camera had been submerged for maybe an hour. I opened the case, dis-connected the battery, and let it dry out for two days.

Now, when plugged in the green LED comes on, but I only charged it maybe 30 minutes, so I don't know if the green LED goes out or not.

Tried to turn it on, and nothing lights up. I tried a different card.
That's all I have done.

Do you suppose the camera is toast? Any idea's on what to try?

Thanks guys.
Well... I went to turn it on again, and it turned on! The camera and the video survived after being submerged for an hour!

PZ ICON A5 Connor (10 min 2 sec)

bd
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Jun 07, 2014, 10:12 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_007 View Post
That can be a nice idea to create a topic which collect the ideas of the owners for the next step FW

For example:
I wish a tool who can personalize the Time Stamp, and choose if I want it on video, or picture, or video+picture.
What kind of "personalization" are you looking for? It's already planned and being tested for the next FW to allow user toggles for the date format as well as turning it on/off in each video mode and photo mode. Nothing beyond that is planned or anticipated.
Old Jun 07, 2014, 07:56 PM
Joined Jul 2006
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
Post #7: If the voltage supplied to the camera's USB port is in excess of 5V (5%) there is also the risk of over stressing the camera's circuitry.

5.27V should be suitable.
Thanks for that, I was just a little concerned about the 5% , I was also thinking just to be on the safe side, placing a 5.1 zener diode or similar, to keep the voltage below the 5.25 mark
Last edited by Loupy31; Jun 07, 2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old Jun 07, 2014, 07:59 PM
Joined Jul 2006
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
Correct, because it is all ready answered in the first 7 posts.
Mike
Sorry I wasted your time over this, but I couldn't find any reference to 5.27v anywhere on that page
Old Jun 08, 2014, 05:08 AM
France, Pays de la Loire, Nantes
Joined Sep 2010
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
What kind of "personalization" are you looking for?
Choose the size and the color (and why not the font if it's possible)... but I admit that it is not necessarily useful for all
alex_007 is offline Find More Posts by alex_007
Old Jun 08, 2014, 05:59 AM
New Zealand, Waikato, Matamata
Joined May 2012
18 Posts
Greetings, I'm trying to take photos while in Live out for FPV and i just get jumbled images, is there a setting I'm missing or has this not been done

thanks
Mike
Malcurin is offline Find More Posts by Malcurin
Old Jun 08, 2014, 11:33 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_007 View Post
Choose the size and the color (and why not the font if it's possible)... but I admit that it is not necessarily useful for all
Yes, most people either don't want ANY date stamp messing up their images, or find the small inconspicuous one to be adequate. I don't see this being implemented for these reasons.
Old Jun 08, 2014, 02:53 PM
Joined Oct 2012
17 Posts
If we are talking about new features, what about "Delayed recording" option?
With this option set to ON, video would start to rocord some time after pressing shutter button (f.e 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 5 min, 10 min etc)
mas1er is offline Find More Posts by mas1er
Old Jun 08, 2014, 06:29 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,370 Posts
Picked up this BIG quad at the local toy store... there is a camera accessory for it, among other things, but I put a Mobius on it.
Lifts the camera easily... could handle a heavier camera.
The Quad flies easily, handles wind nicely.
WL Toys... "Fashionable UFO"....
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 08, 2014, 06:34 PM
United Kingdom, Derbyshire
Joined Aug 2011
519 Posts
image looks a bit "soft" in the centre - maybe could benefit from some focusing work...
ukbren is online now Find More Posts by ukbren
Old Jun 08, 2014, 07:20 PM
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Aug 2013
926 Posts
Used my Mobius today as a hat cam taking video flying my quad. The video is clear but the quad looks distant and small. What should I change to make to look closer?

Current details:
v1.20
"A" lens
60Hz NTSC 16:9
30fps
1280x720 (720p)
FOV narrow
4_Props is offline Find More Posts by 4_Props
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 08, 2014, 07:54 PM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Guiguinto
Joined Jul 2011
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4_Props View Post
Used my Mobius today as a hat cam taking video flying my quad. The video is clear but the quad looks distant and small. What should I change to make to look closer?

Current details:
v1.20
"A" lens
30fps
1280x720 (720p)
FOV narrow
use 720p 60fps, better of with some else videoing you to make sure the quad is in shot, that mode will look closer (zoomed) due narrow field of view!
jbx907 is offline Find More Posts by jbx907
Old Jun 08, 2014, 08:13 PM
Joined Aug 2013
926 Posts
OK, thanks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 09, 2014, 01:19 AM
Joined Apr 2014
36 Posts
Does anyone know which size lens holder/mount the Mobius uses?

18mm? 20mm? 22mm?
mmahl is offline Find More Posts by mmahl
Old Jun 09, 2014, 01:21 AM
Joined Jan 2011
35 Posts
palankaizs is offline Find More Posts by palankaizs
Last edited by palankaizs; Jun 09, 2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old Jun 09, 2014, 03:25 AM
Joined Jan 2014
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmahl View Post
Does anyone know which size lens holder/mount the Mobius uses?
18mm? 20mm? 22mm?

The lens mount thread is 12 mm x 0.5 mm pitch. But that is for changing the complete lens.

There is no filter mount.

Which are you referring to?
Old Jun 09, 2014, 05:28 AM
Joined Apr 2014
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janke View Post
The lens mount thread is 12 mm x 0.5 mm pitch. But that is for changing the complete lens.

There is no filter mount.

Which are you referring to?
This part. I guess its called the lens holder or mount.

I'd messure mine but it's all screwed in and taped. Just wondered if someone already had measured it.
mmahl is offline Find More Posts by mmahl
Last edited by mmahl; Jun 09, 2014 at 05:39 AM.
Old Jun 09, 2014, 06:38 AM
Joined Jan 2014
313 Posts
The Mobius lens thread is 12 mm x 0.5 mm pitch. A standard for small security cameras.

The other dimensions are specific to the Mobius. If you open it, you can check the dimensions yourself.
Old Jun 09, 2014, 07:18 AM
Joined Sep 2013
10 Posts
Not all Mobius cameras are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh123 View Post
The card works 100% in one Mobius (= can be written with 8GB of data and hold it). But the other Mobius cannot write 8 GB correctly!
For the archive: The suspicious Mobius works perfect with another card. So please keep in mind that the same memory card and the same firmware can work in one Mobius and fail (after a few GB) in another, possibly due to some minor hardware deviations. From now on, I will always test a new card with h2test throught the Mobius as card reader.
mh123 is offline Find More Posts by mh123
Old Jun 09, 2014, 09:39 AM
Joined Apr 2013
86 Posts
Quote:
There is no way to change the metering area on the Mobius... but it's been suggested before. I think the entire frame is used (e.g. just a simple averaging system over the entire frame rather than smaller positioned areas. I think the CMOS imager supports different metering areas, but it's not been implemented. Also, if you set it to favor the bottom of the frame, it works to a disadvantage if your camera is mounted inverted on the bottom of the airframe, so it would have to be a user toggle, not a fixed method like we have now.

The best that can be done is to set the exposure up a notch in the Advanced Image settings tab of the GUI program. This should do pretty much the same thing, but there's a problem with the Mobius exposure adjustment in the vicinity of it's default midpoint. Just one increment of added exposure makes too big of a jump, it seems. This is a known problem, but as yet it's not been corrected.
I too suffer from that over exposure, even when set to +1 (the first value right after its default) - it overexposes. Something between default and +1 would be great. I've said this at the owner's thread, so no need to start the same discussion.
What I wanted to say was: yes, controlling the metering area would work best for me, as I use to mountain biking, where I need a clear image of the ground and branches, tress, etc...in front of me, not the clouds above.

I'm sure the developer is aware of this...
PedroDank is offline Find More Posts by PedroDank
Old Jun 09, 2014, 09:40 AM
Romania, Bucuresti, Bucharest
Joined Oct 2011
134 Posts
Due to a motor mount failure, my Mobius took a hell of a beating yesterday, broken case, punctured lipo, the sensor/lens got detached from the mainboard.

Now put together again, it only flashes the blue light for like 2 seconds and nothing happens. Is it toast or should I hope reviving it one day?

Does anyone know how to recover the last footage, since it was not saved, due to the battery being disconnected?

Thanks!
bikerboy_id is offline Find More Posts by bikerboy_id
Old Jun 09, 2014, 10:04 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboy_id View Post
Due to a motor mount failure, my Mobius took a hell of a beating yesterday, broken case, punctured lipo, the sensor/lens got detached from the mainboard.

Now put together again, it only flashes the blue light for like 2 seconds and nothing happens. Is it toast or should I hope reviving it one day?

Does anyone know how to recover the last footage, since it was not saved, due to the battery being disconnected?

Thanks!
Chances are very high you damaged the CMOS sensor ribbon cable, or perhaps you didn't get it aligned, fully inserted and clamped down into the circuit board socket. A new CMOS module may be all that's needed, but no guarantees... there could be other circuit board damage.

There's no known consumer solution that I know of for recovering a data from a file that wasn't closed and visible in the memory card directory. Corrupted files can often be recovered, but not missing files. You can try one of the free file recovery programs (I use Recuva), but I don't think it will work.
Old Jun 09, 2014, 10:17 AM
Romania, Bucuresti, Bucharest
Joined Oct 2011
134 Posts
Thanks for the pointers, I'll get the CMOS sensor from the other Mobius to try and see the extent of the damage.

I have tried file recovery, but no luck with that. I remember someone saying it saved one of these missing files, I'll keep digging...

Thank you Frank!
bikerboy_id is offline Find More Posts by bikerboy_id
Old Jun 09, 2014, 11:39 AM
Joined Jul 2009
298 Posts
Try photorec, I have used it on many things in the past. It looks for the actual internal file data and not the fat entries.

Mike
mike105105 is online now Find More Posts by mike105105
Old Jun 09, 2014, 04:47 PM
Joined Mar 2014
31 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for that, I was just a little concerned about the 5% , I was also thinking just to be on the safe side, placing a 5.1 zener diode or similar, to keep the voltage below the 5.25 mark
Or simply use some diode in series (of course some with lower Vf...)
Benik3 is offline Find More Posts by Benik3
Old Jun 09, 2014, 07:52 PM
Quad fun for everyone!
United States, WI, Madison
Joined Oct 2013
360 Posts
With my Mobius, I have slected Time Lapse photos to be taken (I hae tried at any interval), and they never show up on my SD card?
RC2211 is offline Find More Posts by RC2211
Old Jun 09, 2014, 09:19 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,270 Posts
FWIW, a little side-by-side comparison between my old #16 and my new Mobius. Both cameras at their default settings. No post-processing applied except where indicated.
808 #16 vs Mobius ActionCam - comparison video (3 min 2 sec)
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Jun 09, 2014, 09:20 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC2211 View Post
With my Mobius, I have slected Time Lapse photos to be taken (I hae tried at any interval), and they never show up on my SD card?
Are you able to manually take photos?
Do you have "motion detection" and "auto power-on record" functions turned OFF?
Do you see the LED flash when the camera is supposedly taking photos (assuming you have the recording indicating LED turned on)?
Have you formatted the card IN the camera with it's dedicated formatting routine?
Have you tried other memory cards?
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jun 09, 2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2014, 10:38 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Nov 2011
718 Posts
Quote:
I believe you need to push the top button one time to start the picture taking process. Then watch for a blinking red light at the approx time of the interval.
TScott1118 is offline Find More Posts by TScott1118
Old Jun 10, 2014, 02:31 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,435 Posts
After few weeks i will try to ask again:
- who sells wide-angle lens (and lens-only, not lens+sensor module for 30$)?

I wrote to ebay sellers, both refused to sell lens. Banggood does not sell lens separately.
Or... Anyone measured angle for wide lens? GoPro lens are 1.8mm, slightly more wide than stock mobius wide lens. Should be approx 2.1mm? Then i will pick any good megapixel 2.1mm lens, add IR filter and...
ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Jun 10, 2014, 05:25 AM
Joined Apr 2014
2 Posts
Software version V1.17

1080p WIDE

1080p NARROW

Why when it's set NARROW the picture is not clear and straight lines have strange shapes?
Sasun is offline Find More Posts by Sasun
Old Jun 10, 2014, 06:24 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Geel
Joined Jun 2013
834 Posts
Quote:
Not necessarily!
A new lens/CMOS module is likely all that would need to be replaced, not the entire camera.
You were correct. I installed a new lens module, and the mobius works like new. Thanks!
Vertigo72 is offline Find More Posts by Vertigo72
Old Jun 10, 2014, 06:50 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasun View Post
Software version V1.17

1080p WIDE

1080p NARROW

Why when it's set NARROW the picture is not clear and straight lines have strange shapes?
You are running out of date firmware, and must have the 180 deg. rotation turned on? That was a bug that was fixed in FW v1.20. There is still an issue with centering the narrow FOV in the CMOS sensor array, but the "jaggies" was fixed. Update your firmware to v1.20.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 07:08 AM
Quad fun for everyone!
United States, WI, Madison
Joined Oct 2013
360 Posts
Quote:
Are you able to manually take photos?
Do you have "motion detection" and "auto power-on record" functions turned OFF?
Do you see the LED flash when the camera is supposedly taking photos (assuming you have the recording indicating LED turned on)?
Have you formatted the card IN the camera with it's dedicated formatting routine?
Have you tried other memory cards?
I have not tried another memory card, and for all I know it should be recording AND/OR taking pictures. All it will do is record. I press the record button on either of my settings and all I get is a recording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TScott1118 View Post
I believe you need to push the top button one time to start the picture taking process. Then watch for a blinking red light at the approx time of the interval.
It blinks at a normal recording pace for whatever reason. Maybe I need to be on the RED LED setting, not the blue or yellow? I'll keep trying other things.
RC2211 is offline Find More Posts by RC2211
Old Jun 10, 2014, 07:41 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
I have not tried another memory card, and for all I know it should be recording AND/OR taking pictures. All it will do is record. I press the record button on either of my settings and all I get is a recording.

It blinks at a normal recording pace for whatever reason. Maybe I need to be on the RED LED setting, not the blue or yellow? I'll keep trying other things.
Well YES, you have to put the camera into photo mode (Red LED) to take photos, either manually or in time-lapse mode (reading the user manual thoroughly will help understand how the camera works).

The camera can only boot directly into video mode with the current firmware when you turn it on. Press the mode button to get the red LED (photo mode) then press the shutter button to start snap a photo or start the time-lapse sequence if that is toggled on.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 07:42 AM
Joined Jan 2014
313 Posts
Quote:
You are running out of date firmware, and must have the 180 deg. rotation turned on? That was a bug that was fixed in FW v1.20. There is still an issue with centering the narrow FOV in the CMOS sensor array, but the "jaggies" was fixed. Update your firmware to v1.20.
Yes, that's the 1.17 "jaggies bug". You can either update to 1.20 as Tom suggests, or downgrade to 1.13, if the centering problem is important to you - but then some cards may refuse to work.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:01 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4_Props View Post

Current details:
v1.20
"A" lens
30fps
1280x720 (720p)
FOV narrow
Get a bigger quad!
Here's the Estes Proto-X with an A-lens hat cam.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:38 PM
Joined Aug 2013
926 Posts
I'm flying a Blade 350 QX.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 10, 2014, 02:15 PM
Joined Jul 2009
298 Posts
That will always be a problem with wide angle lenses, things will always seem further away. The only good way to get video of a quad in flight from the ground is with a friend holding a camcorder with zoom.

Mike
mike105105 is online now Find More Posts by mike105105
Old Jun 10, 2014, 03:43 PM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Got a weird issue with mine. it wont record upto 4G which the camera is set to max record,set on 720p record too. also it will record like sometimes 10 mins and sometimes a few seconds. The light goes orange when I turn it on and then flashes orange then sometimes orange and red and then off. thought It may be a flat battery but its fully charged. firmware version is 1.20. would love someones help or thoughts.
Thanks austin
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Jun 10, 2014, 06:43 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.laws View Post
Got a weird issue with mine. it wont record upto 4G which the camera is set to max record,set on 720p record too. also it will record like sometimes 10 mins and sometimes a few seconds. The light goes orange when I turn it on and then flashes orange then sometimes orange and red and then off. thought It may be a flat battery but its fully charged. firmware version is 1.20. would love someones help or thoughts.
Thanks austin
It could be a flakey memory card. Did you format it in the camera using it's internal formatting routine/ Test your card for media integrity using h2testw.exe. If it passes, then power your camera with an external generic power supply, such as a car charger. That will take the battery out of the equation.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 09:16 PM
Joined Aug 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
You can test this theory by replacing the CMOS module. For comparisons, test one Mobius against another Mobius, not a different camera, if you want to show one is damaged...
Ok, I bit the bullet and got myself a new Mobius just to confirm if the theory is true. I believe the pictures speak for themselves, as they are taken the exact same time/place with same default settings.

Tom, I will give your suggestion a try to replace the CMOS module, the problem is that I don't see it being mentioned or offered by any suppliers any where. From your #2 post of this thread, it looks like the CMOS imager is included in the lens module. So please confirm if the following one is what I'd be looking for. Thanks.
http://www.banggood.com/Replacement-...-p-918023.html
aldenyuan is offline Find More Posts by aldenyuan
Old Jun 10, 2014, 09:36 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenyuan View Post
Ok, I bit the bullet and got myself a new Mobius just to confirm if the theory is true. I believe the pictures speak for themselves, as they are taken the exact same time/place with same default settings.

Tom, I will give your suggestion a try to replace the CMOS module, the problem is that I don't see it being mentioned or offered by any suppliers any where. From your #2 post of this thread, it looks like the CMOS imager is included in the lens module. So please confirm if the following one is what I'd be looking for. Thanks.
The lens/module you linked is the standard Mobius module with lens "A", the one that fits entirely inside the case.

I've been told by the developer that the direct eBay sellers in China (e.g. eletoponline365 linked in post #2) can sell you the separate lens or module separately, but you have to contact them since it's not normally sold that way. There's a contact link on their store web site, but the cost differential may not be that great from the ones that come with the new lens (in case your old lens is part of the problem).
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:14 PM
Joined Aug 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
The lens/module you linked is the standard Mobius module with lens "A", the one that fits entirely inside the case.

I've been told by the developer that the direct eBay sellers in China (e.g. eletoponline365 linked in post #2) can sell you the separate lens or module separately, but you have to contact them since it's not normally sold that way. There's a contact link on their store web site, but the cost differential may not be that great from the ones that come with the new lens (in case your old lens is part of the problem).
Good to know. Much appreciate your help, Tom. I will give eletoponline365 a shot before I decide what to do.

Thanks.

Alden
Old Jun 11, 2014, 01:18 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Geel
Joined Jun 2013
834 Posts
@aldenyuan,
Is it possible the UV/IR filter was somehow degraded, damaged or removed? If thats the case, you wouldnt need a new module, just a new lens (Im assuming the filters are in the lens, maybe Tom can confirm). Perhaps as a test you can swap lenses between your old and new mobius.
Vertigo72 is offline Find More Posts by Vertigo72
Old Jun 11, 2014, 04:23 AM
Camera Reseller.
Joined May 2013
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenyuan View Post

Hi Aldenyuan,
JooVuu stocks all modules and lens replacements that can be found here: https://joovuu.com/gb/30-mobius-acti...ra-accessories

Kind regards,

JooVuu
JooVuu is offline Find More Posts by JooVuu
Old Jun 11, 2014, 04:48 AM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JooVuu View Post
Hi Aldenyuan,
JooVuu stocks all modules and lens replacements that can be found here: https://joovuu.com/gb/30-mobius-acti...ra-accessories

Kind regards,

JooVuu
Can you supply an fpv usb cable please...can't see one for sale on your site.

Edit......just found it thanks.
blackbrabus is offline Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Old Jun 11, 2014, 04:55 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas View Post
After few weeks i will try to ask again:
- who sells wide-angle lens (and lens-only, not lens+sensor module for 30$)?
Answering to my own question: found here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...903256529.html
Ordered two, will see if they're the same quality as original...
Old Jun 11, 2014, 08:41 AM
Joined Aug 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo72 View Post
@aldenyuan,
Is it possible the UV/IR filter was somehow degraded, damaged or removed? If thats the case, you wouldnt need a new module, just a new lens (Im assuming the filters are in the lens, maybe Tom can confirm). Perhaps as a test you can swap lenses between your old and new mobius.
I don't know if there's even a UV/IR filter in the Mobius though... maybe Tom can confirm. I did more tests, and find the damaged one works almost identical to the new one in all other situations but only shows bad coloring under strong light condition. It's really weird...wouldn't a bad UV/IR filter affect all light conditions instead of selected ones?

One more thing I noticed is that the damaged one heats up significantly faster and gets hotter than the new one. Same short period of video recording, its heat sink became hot to touch, but the new one is virtually stone cold. Maybe there's more damage to it than I can see...lol
Old Jun 11, 2014, 09:31 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo72 View Post
@aldenyuan,
The IR filter is on the back of the lens barrel. If it came off, the colors would be a lot different (e.g. green can look white, etc.). But maybe it's also possible the lens has deteriorated from internal condensation in a car environment if it went through cold, warm, hot cycles cycles over time, leaving a bit of contrast-killing haze stains on the optics inside the lens barrel? I don't use mine for car recording, so it's another stab in the dark.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:32 AM
Joined Sep 2013
2 Posts
Dear friends I bought a micro sd 64Gb kingstone original, but with 64 gb card did not loop recording is there a solution? thanks
spirit666 is offline Find More Posts by spirit666
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:26 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit666 View Post
Dear friends I bought a micro sd 64Gb kingstone original, but with 64 gb card did not loop recording is there a solution? thanks
Try formatting your card with SDFormatter with Format Type = FULL (OverWrite) and Format Size Adjustment = ON.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Jun 11, 2014, 01:08 PM
Joined May 2011
371 Posts
Check this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas View Post
Answering to my own question: found here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...903256529.html
Ordered two, will see if they're the same quality as original...
RocketMouse is offline Find More Posts by RocketMouse
Old Jun 11, 2014, 01:11 PM
El Space Cowboy
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined Dec 2012
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janke View Post
Yes, yellow led blinking - but neither iMovie or Macam recognizes the camera... and they do recognize other cameras...
I know this is an older post, thought I might weigh in for other OS X users.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2182794

fwiw, I'm on 10.8.5, not Mavericks.
austntexan is online now Find More Posts by austntexan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Vendor List Update
Old Jun 11, 2014, 01:27 PM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse View Post
Completely unrelated to my question.
It's gopro lens, i use them on 2x of my mobius. But i also need "original" mobius lens, which is different.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 01:29 PM
Joined May 2011
371 Posts
What's the difference?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 02:07 PM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse View Post
What's the difference?
View angle, size, shape, sharpness, colors - everything differs.
I like gopro lens, have lots of video with them (for example, here and here), but gopro lens has not enough sharpness in corners and are too wide sometimes. Narrow is too narrow, see for example here:
Mobius lens comparison (4 min 15 sec)

So, original mobius lens is somewhere in middle, should be fine for everyday flying.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 06:26 AM
Joined May 2011
371 Posts
Thanks, great video!

As far as gopro lens is closer to mobius wide lense, I was actually interested to know how they differ, but not comparing to A lense.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 07:21 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,435 Posts
There are older videos in my YT channel where are all three lens mixed in flight videos.
Can't compare them now, my last "original" wide lens reached EOL... ;-)
Old Jun 12, 2014, 05:57 PM
Joined Aug 2005
405 Posts
Hi all, wanted to ask if anybody has tried mounting the mobius suction cup mount outside a fullscale plane? I 've just bought one to mount inside a cessna cockpit to film my flights and I was going to use my gopro for the outside shots, but was wondering if the suction cup mount for the mobius would fare well outside on the wing as well. Any inputs would be appreciated. Thanks!
shauntot is offline Find More Posts by shauntot
Last edited by shauntot; Jun 12, 2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 06:51 PM
Joined Dec 2013
31 Posts
I am having trouble figuring out the correct settings to use on my camera. when I am flying towards the Sun at about 7 p.m. All it is is orange and the ground is black I cannot see anything. When I first got this camera it was set so that you could see the Sun The Horizon and the ground nothing was black I don't know if I have the wide dynamic range set incorrectly or if there is something else I need to adjust any suggestions would be great thank you
M. Schaffer is offline Find More Posts by M. Schaffer
Old Jun 13, 2014, 05:00 AM
Mobius ActionCam Wide Lens
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Jun 2014
12 Posts
Hi guys. I just ordered my first Mobius ActionCam (and my first action cam as well).
I plan to use it on my bike, and this is the only thread i saw about Mobius that has this great support. This was the first reason for my purchase. Thank you all.

I bought mine a couple of days ago from Joovuu. I heard they are honest and they have fast delivery. I chose Royal AirMail over DHL for the tracking number, but i haven't received one yet. I hope it's all ok.

My reason for writing here is because i have a couple of questions.
I heard that its battery lasts 1:20h. That is a little bit low for my travelling day. I ride about 2-3h a day.
So, what if i buy a solar charger to mount it on my bike? I saw one with 1100MAh capacity, and 430Mah output. Will that do? What about a powerbank that i can stick it to my bike, with a usb -> mini usb power cable to charge it while recording. Will that do?
If yes, at what should i pay attention when i buy it? I want to be small, and to last me at least 2-3-4h, or to last untill my card is full, which is going to my other question:

What memory card should i buy? I read that a class 4 memory card is recommended. That will not be a problem. My problem is the size. I really don't know what size to buy. I'm thinking that maybe i could use Mobius for my car also, and i could record my long drives. A 32GB sd will record about 4h, right? What size do you guys use?

And my last question. I saw that alot of cameras have a button designed to detach a portion of the video when you press it. Like previous 30s and the next 30s.
By exemple, if i pass a funny scene, i want to press that button and get one minute before and after the scene. Yeah, i know i can edit the video on the memory card, but that would be great if it can be done with the simple push of the button.

Thank you very much for the support, and have a nice day!
Fakken is offline Find More Posts by Fakken
Old Jun 13, 2014, 07:24 AM
Joined Oct 2012
17 Posts
Is it reccomeded to formatting the battery?

And what option is better for battery life: USB Data Port Charging : disable or enable?
mas1er is offline Find More Posts by mas1er
Old Jun 13, 2014, 07:46 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakken View Post
Hi guys. I just ordered my first Mobius ActionCam (and my first action cam as well).
I plan to use it on my bike, and this is the only thread i saw about Mobius that has this great support. This was the first reason for my purchase. Thank you all.

I bought mine a couple of days ago from Joovuu. I heard they are honest and they have fast delivery. I chose Royal AirMail over DHL for the tracking number, but i haven't received one yet. I hope it's all ok.

My reason for writing here is because i have a couple of questions.
I heard that its battery lasts 1:20h. That is a little bit low for my travelling day. I ride about 2-3h a day.
So, what if i buy a solar charger to mount it on my bike? I saw one with 1100MAh capacity, and 430Mah output. Will that do? What about a powerbank that i can stick it to my bike, with a usb -> mini usb power cable to charge it while recording. Will that do?
I assume you mean the charger can supply 430mA, because mAh has nothing to do with how much current the charger can supply. In any case, 430mA is definitely not enough and will most likely do the Mobius more harm than good. Your charger must be capable of supplying 1000mA (1A). You can also use a 2A or larger charger since the camera will never draw more than 1A max.
If yes, at what should i pay attention when i buy it? I want to be small, and to last me at least 2-3-4h, or to last untill my card is full, which is going to my other question:
The theoretical battery capacity is easy to calculate. Your camera draws 1A (1000mA) max. of current. That means a 1000mAh battery will last 1 hour and a 4000mAh battery will last 4 hours. That's the theory. However, the 1A value is a max. value. In reality the camera will most likely draw about 550mA on average if the internal battery is new and fully charged. I would expect a new 2000mAh external battery would keep the camera running for 4 hours if the internal battery is also new. If you want 4 hours recording, I would consider a 2000mAh battery as a minimum.
What memory card should i buy? I read that a class 4 memory card is recommended. That will not be a problem. My problem is the size. I really don't know what size to buy. I'm thinking that maybe i could use Mobius for my car also, and i could record my long drives. A 32GB sd will record about 4h, right? What size do you guys use?
If you want up to 4 hours recording then you'll need a 32GB card. Most people on RCGroups will most likely use smaller cards because they don't take such long videos. On the other hand, most dashcam users will use a 32GB card or greater. It just depends on what you want to use your camera for. If you take a lot of short videos, then a couple of smaller cards is safer than one large card.

And my last question. I saw that alot of cameras have a button designed to detach a portion of the video when you press it. Like previous 30s and the next 30s.
By exemple, if i pass a funny scene, i want to press that button and get one minute before and after the scene. Yeah, i know i can edit the video on the memory card, but that would be great if it can be done with the simple push of the button.
Since the Mobius doesn't have a screen this would be like a shot in the dark

Thank you very much for the support, and have a nice day!
I have answered your question in green.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 08:05 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas1er View Post
Is it reccomeded to formatting the battery?

And what option is better for battery life: USB Data Port Charging : disable or enable?
I don't know how to format the battery, but if you mean format the card, then I would do this as often as possible using the in-camera formatting routine.

For your second question I expect there are two answers. Both are most likely valid in one way or the other. For convenience I would leave data port charging enabled and only disable it if you have problems using your Mobius connected to your smartphone.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 09:03 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shauntot View Post
Hi all, wanted to ask if anybody has tried mounting the mobius suction cup mount outside a fullscale plane? I 've just bought one to mount inside a cessna cockpit to film my flights and I was going to use my gopro for the outside shots, but was wondering if the suction cup mount for the mobius would fare well outside on the wing as well. Any inputs would be appreciated. Thanks!
Definitely DON'T try this!. Even if the suction mount feels secure during a ground pre-flight check, they still can lose suction over time. Temperature changes and drag during flight will most likely cause the mount to detach... not worth the risk.

But there have been a few posts in this thread as I recall showing video of a Mobius attached to the outside a real aircraft. An advanced search of this thread might help find the post(s). It might also have been posted in the Mobius Owners thread in this forum. But I don't recall the method. If you pop off the screw thread mount from the baseplate, some very strong double sided tape might work if the surface is flat, with a couple extra layers of good old duct tape for extra securement.

But any vibration of the camera can cause "jello" waves in the video, so it will be trial and error to find a way to dampen out any vibration.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 09:10 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Schaffer View Post
I am having trouble figuring out the correct settings to use on my camera. when I am flying towards the Sun at about 7 p.m. All it is is orange and the ground is black I cannot see anything. When I first got this camera it was set so that you could see the Sun The Horizon and the ground nothing was black I don't know if I have the wide dynamic range set incorrectly or if there is something else I need to adjust any suggestions would be great thank you
Toggle all the settings in the GUI Advanced Image Settings tab to their Normal (center or Auto) settings. You probably won't see much if any improvement with WDR turned on with video shot at sunset. The bright sky will dominate the exposure in this kind of lighting, causing the ground in mostly darker shadows to be very dark. If the default settings don't do the job, all you can do is increase the exposure setting a notch on the plus side and do a trial flight. This may make the dark ground detail more visible, but the sky will be over-exposed.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 09:43 AM
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Jun 2014
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
I have answered your question in green.
Quote:
Originally Posted by isoprop
I assume you mean the charger can supply 430mA, because mAh has nothing to do with how much current the charger can supply. In any case, 430mA is definitely not enough and will most likely do the Mobius more harm than good. Your charger must be capable of supplying 1000mA (1A). You can also use a 2A or larger charger since the camera will never draw more than 1A max.

The theoretical battery capacity is easy to calculate. Your camera draws 1A (1000mA) max. of current. That means a 1000mAh battery will last 1 hour and a 4000mAh battery will last 4 hours. That's the theory. However, the 1A value is a max. value. In reality the camera will most likely draw about 550mA on average if the internal battery is new and fully charged. I would expect a new 2000mAh external battery would keep the camera running for 4 hours if the internal battery is also new. If you want 4 hours recording, I would consider a 2000mAh battery as a minimum.
Oh ok. I tought i needed a lower MAh value. I knew the camera battery was 550Mah, but you're right, it has nothing to do with the charging rate. The bigger, the better. I need the external charger to be somewhere smaller, therefor my concern of holding power. I'll search for 2000MAh / 1A at least. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop
Since the Mobius doesn't have a screen this would be like a shot in the dark
Maybe i didn't explain very well.
Let's say i need to capture a certain moment LIVE, that on my video is at 15'30". When i press the button, i want the camera to cut a piece of the video between 15'00" and 16'00", into a special folder, let's call it " Video Cuts".

Then, when i connect my sd card to pc, i can see the funny scenes before and after 30secs. I don't need a video display on my camera to do that, or i didn't understand your point.

Thank you for your time!
Old Jun 13, 2014, 09:52 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,926 Posts
We are using the Mobius as our FPV cameras so we can record video and fly with the same camera. When we use the Mobius and #16 cameras have three consistent diagonal lines that go from upper left to lower right that we don't have with the stock FPV Immersion cameras on our 5.8 ghz systems.

The lines are slightly darker areas that are transparent, fairly wide, in the same place all the time and don't flicker or increase or decrease in intensity. They don't appear on the video but appear on what is seen in the goggles.

The lines are there whether the camera is powered by the external battery or the internal battery and on different FPV systems. They are not from other electronics on the plane because they persist when the FPV gear is on the bench and not on a plane.

We realize this is not a camera problem but a compatibility problem but it is something unexpected that I haven't heard discussed.

Do you have any ideas on what the problem is and how to resolve the problem.
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:02 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
We are using the Mobius as our FPV cameras so we can record video and fly with the same camera. When we use the Mobius and #16 cameras have three consistent diagonal lines that go from upper left to lower right that we don't have with the stock FPV Immersion cameras on our 5.8 ghz systems.

The lines are slightly darker areas that are transparent, fairly wide, in the same place all the time and don't flicker or increase or decrease in intensity. They don't appear on the video but appear on what is seen in the goggles.

The lines are there whether the camera is powered by the external battery or the internal battery and on different FPV systems. They are not from other electronics on the plane because they persist when the FPV gear is on the bench and not on a plane.

We realize this is not a camera problem but a compatibility problem but it is something unexpected that I haven't heard discussed.

Do you have any ideas on what the problem is and how to resolve the problem.
First step IMO would be to connect the camera directly to a screen - that would prove that the video-out is OK. If not it's a camera problem.

Next put the camera back on the vtx and connect the same screen to your video receiver in place of the goggles. Problem here means it's the video link, in some way.

If you get a good picture in both cases above then it has to be down to the goggles.
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:05 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Maybe i didn't explain very well.
Let's say i need to capture a certain moment LIVE, that on my video is at 15'30". When i press the button, i want the camera to cut a piece of the video between 15'00" and 16'00", into a special folder, let's call it " Video Cuts".

Then, when i connect my sd card to pc, i can see the funny scenes before and after 30secs. I don't need a video display on my camera to do that, or i didn't understand your point.
I don't think this is even possible with this camera. The video is written out to the card with very little buffering in the camera. To go back 30 sec. is about 52MB of video file! I don't see how the camera could find, cut (or copy) and save the ensuing 104MB of video, while still recording more HD video! What camera can do this? At any rate, I don't see this as a high priority function since it's just a crutch to save you some editing time.

As a work around, I suggest you set up your camera to auto-record when you press the power button. Then right after you pass one of those special moments, press the power button to stop and save the recording at that point. Wait about 5 sec. and press the power button again to start a new recording. Then, the scene you want will be at the very end of the just terminated video and very easy to find afterwards. I'd think this would be preferable as well, since that 30 sec. after run you suggested may not be long enough to capture the whole event.

Alternatively, note the time of day of that scene, and later randomly access different points in the video with an editor to quickly home in on that time shown in the recorded date stamp to find the brief section you want, and save just the part you want.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:12 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
First step IMO would be to connect the camera directly to a screen - that would prove that the video-out is OK. If not it's a camera problem.

Next put the camera back on the vtx and connect the same screen to your video receiver in place of the goggles. Problem here means it's the video link, in some way.

If you get a good picture in both cases above then it has to be down to the goggles.
Good suggestions for narrowing down the search, Bill. I've not heard this problem being reported before, so if it's a camera problem, it's the first I'm aware of.

But we know the camera emits RF interference in the GPS frequency band since it can cause signal loss with a number of GPS installations without some external shielding between the camera and RX receiver. So, it's not inconceivable that something similar may be going on with the FPV TX link, even though at a different frequency band. I guess another test would be to connect the other FPV camera and establish the download link, then position the Mobius near where it would be on the airframe and turn it on with both recording and video out enabled. To get the video out, the special cable would need to be plugged in to the Mobius, but leaving the other end disconnected in this test. If it were RF from the camera interfering (through the air) with the FPV radio link, it should show up on the ground station in this mode as well.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jun 13, 2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:14 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,464 Posts
Quote:
......Maybe i didn't explain very well.

Thank you for your time!
The DSP is not powerful enough to do what you want. The DSP can handle recording video but it can't handle cutting parts from a possible previous clip and then joining the parts together to create a new clip. If you have a part you want to save you can press the Mode button (while recording) to set the current clip to read-only. However, if you press the Mode button just after a new clip has been started then only the new clip will be marked as read-only. It's been requested a few times that the previous clip should also be marked as read-only if a new clip has been recently created, but the DSP may not have enough reserve power to do this.

In Windows 7 it's very easy to see which files have the read-only attribute set.
If the menu bar isn't shown, click on Organize->Layout->Menu.
The Menu bar will be shown. Now select View->Choose details... and check the Attributes check-box.
Once you have the Attributes column selected you can click it to sort the display order and bring your marked files to the top or the bottom of the list.
You can also delete the folder, and all that will remain is your marked files.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 02:29 PM
France, PACA, Toulon
Joined Jul 2009
9 Posts
Quote:
What kind of "personalization" are you looking for? It's already planned and being tested for the next FW to allow user toggles for the date format as well as turning it on/off in each video mode and photo mode. Nothing beyond that is planned or anticipated.
with the european format for the date ?
jc83 is offline Find More Posts by jc83
Old Jun 13, 2014, 02:58 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc83 View Post
with the european format for the date ?
If it's one of these:
YYYY/MM/DD or DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY
Old Jun 13, 2014, 04:07 PM
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Jun 2014
12 Posts
I understand. Thank you very much for the info.
Now, i just have to wait for the camera to arrive.

Meanwhile, i'll read the first 8 pages for info.
Have a good day/night!
Old Jun 13, 2014, 08:11 PM
Joined Jan 2014
20 Posts
Btw.: Hairspray works wonders when using the suction mount.

js
Ratzfatz is online now Find More Posts by Ratzfatz
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:18 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,926 Posts
When I use a stock FPV 600tvl camera I don't have the lines.

At first we thought that the FPV transmitter was causing the lines because the Mobius internal video did not have the lines. We started trading cameras around. We found the 808 #16 cameras also have the same lines suggesting an incompatibility or interference with FPV equipment and the Mobius and or #16 hardware or software.
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Jun 14, 2014, 12:29 AM
Canada, ON, Cochrane District
Joined Oct 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratzfatz View Post
Btw.: Hairspray works wonders when using the suction mount.[/SIZE][/B]

js
Btw.: So does licking it
cr8tive_leo is offline Find More Posts by cr8tive_leo
Old Jun 14, 2014, 02:15 AM