HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2001, 05:30 PM
stonington , conn....usa
Joined Sep 2001
175 Posts
canopy tinting

hi,
whats the easiest way to tint a canopy?..I like the tint on the ky T33's...or maybe a Blue....any idea's?

Another thing......It's getting pretty close to christmas now and none of you hsa asked what I may be wanting or need.
Am I to think youre all going to buy only for yourselves..shame shame.......to make yourselves feel better(least I think this will)..i'll be needing a hacker and controller soon.one that'll pump up a 730 fan.... anything with brushes i'll traet as coal in my stocking.....i'll use it for eyes on a fatty snowman....

Happy Holiday's to all of you. May the little round man get stuck in your chimnies....and unload it all to escape ........dont drink and drive or fly......I'm out there alot......bye bye
Brucejay34 is offline Find More Posts by Brucejay34
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2001, 09:13 PM
Williamsville, NY, USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,499 Posts
I have used RIT dye for tinting a canopy. It's found in the laundry supply section of your local supermarket, used for dyeing clothes.

Get either black, navy blue.

Won't work on all plastics, though.
Larry Dudeck is offline Find More Posts by Larry Dudeck
Old Nov 30, 2001, 10:04 PM
Centreville,VA,USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,952 Posts
Canopy Tinting

Try MARKette all purpose markers made by Eberhard Faber,Inc.USA. The blue and green work well a lighter blue than the Sanford Sharpie permanent marker. You can get it off though if you need to. Test it....
Good luck
Pete
mtflyr is offline Find More Posts by mtflyr