HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 31, 2013, 08:31 AM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,898 Posts
Discussion
Soapbox time

There was a time not long ago when I was attempting to launch an online R/C business. One of the first things I did was to look at the ad rates here at RCGroups.

They are not cheap and for good reason: LOTS of people see them.

Those who do step up to buy ad space are supporting this site and therefore the hobby. Many of these same paying customers provide review samples on top of that.

If there is one thing on these boards which completely steams me, it's when some cheesy company starts posting ads here on the blog space.

That tells me they are willing to literally rip the site off while trolling for dollars.

Please do yourselves, this site and its advertisers a favor. Buy from the distributors who have paid good money for ad space or at least from those who have provided samples at their cost.

Rant ended.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Call it a "review preview."
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2013, 11:11 AM
Joined May 2012
152 Posts
I agree and the ad's here in blog are annoying to me.

IAFoamie
IAFoamie is offline Find More Posts by IAFoamie
Old May 31, 2013, 11:36 AM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,898 Posts
Thanks. It's just something I thought I'd bring up since it means a lot. Lots of advertisers are laying down lots of dollars for the privilege of advertising here.

When someone circumvents that privilege by inserting their own ads in a spot not meant for them, our advertisers and eventually we users all lose.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Call it a "review preview."