HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2004, 03:46 PM
NC
Joined Aug 2002
257 Posts
now that i am on a 30 the HB flys like SH*T!

how does the Hornet fly? I guess I now hate FP helis or somthing but it's like I have NO control with the HB when I compare it to the Hawk Sport I just bought...will the hornet meet the need for control?
obin is offline Find More Posts by obin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2004, 09:33 PM
ProBro #388
United States, IN, Griffith
Joined Apr 2003
199 Posts
Anything as small as the micros we fly are going to be more unstable. Having said that, my HB is a turn compared to my Hornet, and my Hornet is straight out of the box. I have never flown it outdoors, but in the large repair shop I work in, I manage just fine. Thinking about some inverted moves not that I have the HB working right.
But, no, neither of these even come close to my Raptor. The Raptor is a rock compared to these. The way I see it, flying the small ones is great training for the big ones.
funkyflyer is offline Find More Posts by funkyflyer
Old Jan 18, 2004, 11:06 AM
West Palm Beach , FL, USA
Joined May 2001
1,062 Posts
I hate my hb I am planning to buy a sport hawk .30. I heard the bigger helis were easier to fly.
ARCHER7153 is offline Find More Posts by ARCHER7153
Old Jan 18, 2004, 11:56 AM
Registered Misuser
Italy, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Aviano
Joined Jan 2004
338 Posts
What do you want for the HB, less whatever electrics you wan'a keep? These little toys seem to suit me just fine, and as many people that hate them, I'm thinking I can start a collection...
Vince77 is offline Find More Posts by Vince77
Old Jan 18, 2004, 12:16 PM
Rumson, NJ
Joined Dec 2003
149 Posts
the hummingbird flies just fine. you just have to balence it good, but once you have it running well it's a blast to fly. i can controll my flight within one foot of where i want to go, and i only have about 30 minutes of stick time so far.

i wouldnt give up on it so easy. if you want something more stable to learn on, get a glow. after you fly that, you may be able to go back to your hummer. its a blast to fly inside, flying from table to table. so dont give up!
bluesilver30 is offline Find More Posts by bluesilver30
Old Jan 18, 2004, 08:26 PM
Registered Misuser
Italy, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Aviano
Joined Jan 2004
338 Posts
Just balance everything, loosen the ball links, trim the blades down and pull that PVC sleeve off the main shaft... all the mods help, but they haven't proven critical for me yet.
Vince77 is offline Find More Posts by Vince77
Old Jan 18, 2004, 10:07 PM
tacoma washington
Joined Sep 2003
55 Posts
The Hornet II looks promising. I have a Hornet with a few mods. I have about 50 hours on it without tearing it apart. I need new bearings but over here in Uzbekistan it is hard ot get micro bearings. My Hornet is the collective pitch one. It is capable of inverted hovering but I haven't tried it yet. The Hronets can be a real pain to setup but any heli only flies as good as its setup. Fixed pitch helis are fine. They are capable of doing loops and rolls. They can't do inverted hovering. The first rc helis were fixed pitch. I personally like the Hornets. The tail can be a big pain to deal with. Some people put a tail motor on them like the Piccilo or Hummingbird. They work fine also. The ProNet is a Hornet hybrid type of heli.
That is my 2 cents worth.

Shannon
greenhornet is offline Find More Posts by greenhornet
Old Jan 18, 2004, 10:35 PM
Morehead City NC
Joined Aug 2000
374 Posts
Just make sure you put a good gyro in like the Fut 240. It will make learning any heli a lot easier. One less thing to have to keep up with. My Hornet ll flies perfect right out of the box. Tail setup was no problem. Its response to pitch is right on.
parrott is offline Find More Posts by parrott
Old Aug 18, 2009, 06:56 AM
Turkmenistan, Ahal, Ashgabat
Joined Jul 2006
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhornet
The Hornet II looks promising. I have a Hornet with a few mods. I have about 50 hours on it without tearing it apart. I need new bearings but over here in Uzbekistan it is hard ot get micro bearings. My Hornet is the collective pitch one. It is capable of inverted hovering but I haven't tried it yet. The Hronets can be a real pain to setup but any heli only flies as good as its setup. Fixed pitch helis are fine. They are capable of doing loops and rolls. They can't do inverted hovering. The first rc helis were fixed pitch. I personally like the Hornets. The tail can be a big pain to deal with. Some people put a tail motor on them like the Piccilo or Hummingbird. They work fine also. The ProNet is a Hornet hybrid type of heli.
That is my 2 cents worth.

Shannon
Hi Shannon,

I have just arrived in Uzbekistan (Tashkent) and wanted to know where did you fly? Are there any hobby clubs? Any info will help!

I fly electic 3D planes since 4 years and have recently started with helis.

Thanks
Plamen
PB3D is offline Find More Posts by PB3D
Old Aug 18, 2009, 03:04 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB3D
Hi Shannon,

I have just arrived in Uzbekistan (Tashkent) and wanted to know where did you fly? Are there any hobby clubs? Any info will help!

I fly electic 3D planes since 4 years and have recently started with helis.

Thanks
Plamen
This thread is from 2004 (look at the date on the last post). The person you are responding to hasnt been logged into RC Groups since 2007 so you most likely wont get a reply
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted