HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2013, 03:15 AM
Joined May 2008
45 Posts
Discussion
Hexacopter - Tarot T680,DJI Naza M+GPS,

Hi,

After done my HT-FPV Quadcopter project I would to have now a better platform to to take photos and use some GoPro Gimbal.

For me the better way to get SUCESS is share and learn with you my experience

=====SETUP=====
Frame: Tarot T680 OK
ESC: Turnigy Multistar 30 Amp Multi-rotor Brushless ESC 2-4S (OPTO) OK
Motor: Turnigy Multistar 4225-610Kv 16Pole Multi-Rotor Outrunner OK
Prop: 12x60 Carbon Fiber OK
Flight Controller: DJI Wookong M+GPS v2.0 OK
Waypoints: DJI iPad Ground Station
Futaba T8J 2.4Ghz OK
Gimbal: Home made Gimbal (To be used with GoPro 3D box)
Gimbal Controler: Alex Mos Brushless Gimbal Elektronics incl. Sensor & Flyduino GBM4006 0.21mm 150 Turns Motor for Alex Mos OK
Battery: 6x TURNIGY 4S 5800mAh 25C OK

AUW will not be more than ą3,280g

Frame:

DJI iPAD Ground Station

Gimbal:
Home made based on this model:

Gimbal Controller:

ESC:

Motor:

Spec:
KV(RPM/V): 610
Lipo cells: 4s
Max Surge Watts(W): 330
Working current: 16 amps
Max.current(10s): 22 amps
No Load Current: 0.3 amps
Intemal Resistance: 0.091 ohm
Number of Poles: 16
Dimensions(Dia.xL): 42 x 24.5 mm
Shaft: 6 mm
Prop: 12 x 3 - 12 x 6
Weight: 86g

Propeller

Battery

eCalc website, do you think the values is correct?
I try to enter more accuracy as can.

4S1P

4S2P (this means 2 lipos 5800mAh connector in parallel right?)

Best regards.
py5rx is offline Find More Posts by py5rx
Last edited by py5rx; Oct 26, 2013 at 01:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2013, 03:45 AM
United States, NY, Huntington Station
Joined May 2012
1,668 Posts
To change from 4S1P to 4S2P, you have to increase the Model Weight with the add'l battery weight. Roughtly add'l 700g or so.

Another way to use eCalc is to put in the frame weight as the Model Weight and change the "incl. Drive" to not include Drive. And the rest of the calculation will add the motor, the ESC, and the battery weight to the AUW for you.
chuenwe is offline Find More Posts by chuenwe
Old May 25, 2013, 03:59 AM
Joined May 2008
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuenwe View Post
To change from 4S1P to 4S2P, you have to increase the Model Weight with the add'l battery weight. Roughtly add'l 700g or so.

Another way to use eCalc is to put in the frame weight as the Model Weight and change the "incl. Drive" to not include Drive. And the rest of the calculation will add the motor, the ESC, and the battery weight to the AUW for you.
Then I enter 3624g incl. Drive and the flight time decrease from 23.5min to 17.8min

Sounds more real now?
Old May 25, 2013, 09:57 AM
United States, NY, Huntington Station
Joined May 2012
1,668 Posts
Yes, It sounds a bit better now.

Usually the Hover flight time won't increase a lot when adding more batteries since the Hovering Throttle usually is at low percentage. When adding more weight, the Hovering Throttle will increase and decreasing hover time.
chuenwe is offline Find More Posts by chuenwe
Old Jun 05, 2013, 03:51 PM
Joined May 2008
45 Posts
Hi,

Frame arrived and pre-mounted. Good quality but the arms is not shine as the body I dunno why, the motors support have a place to fix ESCīs.

I liked the quality of propellers, looks good quality and are good balanced.

Change DJI Naza M GPS to Wookong M GPS flight controller.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 06:25 AM
Joined May 2008
45 Posts
Some photos:

No space to mount electronics inside frame, than will be fixed on top plate.

Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:59 PM
Joined Jun 2012
7 Posts
Hello py5rx, can put real image engine Turnigy Multistar 4225-610Kv 16Pole, I have understood that the image is not real in HobbyKing. I'm putting together a hexa Tarot FY680 and I opt for the 4225-610Kv Turnigy Multistar or HP2814-810KV of rctimer. Many thanks
electrik77 is offline Find More Posts by electrik77
Last edited by electrik77; Jun 21, 2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Thread Subscription
Old Jun 21, 2013, 04:09 PM
Joined May 2008
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrik77 View Post
Hello py5rx, can put real image engine Turnigy Multistar 4225-610Kv 16Pole, I have understood that the image is not real in HobbyKing. I'm putting together a hexa Tarot FY680 and I opt for the 4225-610Kv Turnigy Multistar or HP2814-810KV of rctimer. Many thanks
Hello electrik77,

Motors not arrived yet, I will post photos soon they arrive.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 04:41 PM
Joined Jun 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by py5rx View Post
Hello electrik77,

Motors not arrived yet, I will post photos soon they arrive.

Ok, thanks!!!
Old Jun 21, 2013, 04:52 PM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by py5rx View Post
Some photos:

No space to mount electronics inside frame, than will be fixed on top plate.

move your flight controller to where your PMU is but on the other side align with IMU by the orange bar and put the battery plate on to protect your electoric. If you crash there goes your flight controller. Move your gps more to the front it right on top of the IMU is not a good idea and dont have any wire crossing your antenna Rx. Using the screw that hold the boom clamp to hold your gps is not an idea and have locktite on them when you fly zip tide the boom dont let the plastic clamp hold by itseft. have fun
Askyvision is online now Find More Posts by Askyvision
Old Jun 21, 2013, 04:59 PM
Joined Jun 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askyvision View Post
move your flight controller to where your PMU is but on the other side align with IMU by the orange bar and put the battery plate on to protect your electoric. If you crash there goes your flight controller. Move your gps more to the front it right on top of the IMU is not a good idea and dont have any wire crossing your antenna Rx. Using the screw that hold the boom clamp to hold your gps is not an idea and have locktite on them when you fly zip tide the boom dont let the plastic clamp hold by itseft. have fun
Right, and the direction of the gps is erroneous, the cable goes forward I have understood
Old Jun 21, 2013, 05:07 PM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrik77 View Post
Right, and the direction of the gps is erroneous, the cable goes forward I have understood
well maybe i havent finish yet but posting a picture unfinish could be misslead to some newcomer when the look for help. These picture will sure crash the copter when it in gps
Askyvision is online now Find More Posts by Askyvision
Old Jun 21, 2013, 09:32 PM
Joined Jun 2013
8 Posts
why are people running such large props on these units? I'm looking to get the fy680 and am wanting to run 1147 rctimer CF props, with these motors: http://www.foxtechfpv.com/sunnysky-v...tor-p-860.html

and 40A Plush ESC's with about 5000mah battery maybe more if I want to get 15 minutes of flight (also adding a gimble and ardupilot)
ebaydan777 is offline Find More Posts by ebaydan777
Old Jun 22, 2013, 04:29 AM
Joined May 2008
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askyvision View Post
Hi,
Askyvision:
I will take your comments in concern. I dinīt mentioned the first photos was not the final place of electronics and is just to have one first idea to where and how install the all parts.
I review the mount this morning while wait for the other parts to arrive, please take a look.
I not understood well where did you say to put the GPS, did you mean fix on top of battery plate?

ebaydan777:
I choose this propeller with reference at ecalc and motor information.

Cheers,
Last edited by py5rx; Jun 22, 2013 at 04:39 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 02:36 PM
Joined May 2008
45 Posts
Hi,

1š post updated "lipos OK "
The lipo's arrived fron HOBBYKING DE, good chance to review the ship service

Almost all cells arrived with 3,84v

Cheers,