SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:41 AM
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Apr 2013
2,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFT2 View Post
Yeah, translational lift can get a bit out of control with the light weight and anything more than a slight breeze. One caught me last night. A gust blew through just as I was finishing a high speed coordinated turn. The thing has never moved that fast before and the choice was kill the throttle and hope for grass or go into an oak at Mach 1. I chose the former and, fortunately, hit grass. Zero damage. I love this thing!
I agree 110%.
If they moved any faster, we'd probably hear a mini sonic-boom. ;D

It's great to hear that your QX made it out alive too! *Thumbs Up*
DirtyDovi is offline Find More Posts by DirtyDovi
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:44 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,491 Posts
Mine should be here today.
tc3wins is offline Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Jun 26, 2013, 05:40 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Feb 2010
155 Posts
I understand members here are using the Devo 7E... I am using Devo 10 with Deviation.

Any bros here who use Devo 10 with Nano QX?
evo165 is offline Find More Posts by evo165
Last edited by evo165; Jun 26, 2013 at 06:17 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:36 AM
Michigan
Joined Jul 2009
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeflys View Post
Wolfmetalfab, I have found a source for the LED's you are listing. Having a little trouble locating the resistors. Any suggestions where I could order all the bits from one place?
I bet Digikey or Mouser would have it all.

But wouldn't 3mm leds not need a resistor and weigh about the same?
muttonboy is offline Find More Posts by muttonboy
Old Jun 26, 2013, 07:55 AM
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Joined Jul 2007
1,013 Posts
I flew four batteries (of my six) last night and then started to re-charge them with the USB charger. One and two charged just fine, then I smelled smoke while charging the third. The lipo was smoking, the charter was melting. Has this happened to anyone else? I've charged over a dozen lipos with it, and suddenly *poof*!

Jay
Faethor is offline Find More Posts by Faethor
Old Jun 26, 2013, 08:32 AM
United States, MN, Maple Grove
Joined May 1999
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faethor View Post
I flew four batteries (of my six) last night and then started to re-charge them with the USB charger. One and two charged just fine, then I smelled smoke while charging the third. The lipo was smoking, the charter was melting. Has this happened to anyone else? I've charged over a dozen lipos with it, and suddenly *poof*!
I've always had my doubts about these little USB LiPo chargers.
GoatRider is offline Find More Posts by GoatRider
Old Jun 26, 2013, 09:09 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,632 Posts
Thats the reason for a decent charger as the most important investment you can make in this hobby.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:29 AM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,893 Posts
surprised this thread doesn't have pictures of other things people are using for a canopy
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:33 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
I like the stock canopy!
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:24 AM
Eye to the sky!
United States, NC, Concord
Joined Dec 2012
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
I like the stock canopy!
Yes, very sleek and light! And there are 2 of them in different colors!

It'll be difficult to make something lighter.
jason4207 is offline Find More Posts by jason4207
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:53 AM
Joined May 2013
46 Posts
Just got mine! Did a quick hover test with the stock transmitter, wow is it supposed to be this twitchy? Slight nudge of the stick and it's gone!
evilmerlin is offline Find More Posts by evilmerlin
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:59 AM
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Feb 2013
973 Posts
battery connector type

need to make a charging cable can someone tell me what kind of connectors this battery takes and maybe where I can get some ends. I think they are called UM?
handy2 is offline Find More Posts by handy2
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:03 PM
Joined Jun 2013
10 Posts
Ok so I am new to the forum as a member but not new to the thread. Been reading since day 1. Got my nqx last Monday. Already had a mlp4dsm tx from a heli. I'm thinking about a dx8. There is talk about moving the limits above 100% but will the onboard electronics allow more than 100%? I'm doing good flips and loops with the rtf tx but if I can get more throttle I could sure use it. Anyone know for sure?
dman17ford is offline Find More Posts by dman17ford
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:04 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,361 Posts
I use one of these
http://www.atomik-rc.com/1-Cell-Batt...ategory=237963
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:18 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman17ford View Post
Ok so I am new to the forum as a member but not new to the thread. Been reading since day 1. Got my nqx last Monday. Already had a mlp4dsm tx from a heli. I'm thinking about a dx8. There is talk about moving the limits above 100% but will the onboard electronics allow more than 100%? I'm doing good flips and loops with the rtf tx but if I can get more throttle I could sure use it. Anyone know for sure?
Yes. See page 17 of the manual. If you're using a computer tx, max the end-points on pitch, roll, and yaw for best control response. Unlike the UM planes & helis, there are no linear servos to overdrive, so you can run more than 100% travel without worry. However, going past 100% on throttle won't increase power.

Remember - there is a huge difference in precision & feel between the low-resolution, high-latency, high-jitter toy tx and your high-resolution, very low-latency, very low-jitter DX8. Once you fly it with the DX8, you won't want to fly with the toy tx anymore. It's like the difference between driving an old econobox with shot ball-joints, loose tie-rod ends, and a 1/4-turn of play in the wheel - and then jumping into a well-tuned sports-car.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Last edited by turboparker; Jun 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM.