Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 24, 2013, 04:36 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,075 Posts
@Vrated
I think the nQX is more fun than the sim.

Being able to see it with your own eyes makes it much more fun. Because of that, it feels easier than the SIM sometimes. As you get proficient at it, you'll find yourself going through obstacle courses and do spot landings.

It's the best indoor flyer from what I've experienced. The coaxial mCX2 was slow and a newbie can outgrow that within the week. I personally get blade strike when trying to push it by flying fast and/or left circuits.

The FP like the v911 are fun. One can really push the bounderies indoors and bash them about . But they have a bias in how they like to turn. And falls out of the air when bumping against furnitures and walls.

The nQX has a lightness indoors and feels very smooth either way you fly it. CW or CCW or backwards. And if you're like me, you'll start weaving about the imaginary slalom course. Or practiced tight figure 8s between two table legs.

But if you really want to practice, switch it to Agility mode and do your best to fly ahead of it. I think that gives great orientation and coordination practice for when the outside weather isn't forgiving for RC flight.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2013, 05:33 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
How about Syma S107 main motors?
6x16mm - ~ 5USD a pair.
http://www.tmart.com/Syma-S107-Main-...B_p140902.html

-mike-
Perhaps there are different size main motors for different versions of S107?:

http://shop.carbonfibers107.com/Stoc...4.htm?page=all
Main A and B Motorset
These are the main 7mm motors for the Syma s107 & clones. New and unused, comes as a set of 2.
$7.50

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...571322209.html
10x Main Motor A+B Set for Syma S107 S107G RC Helicopter,S107-16-17 .
Compatible with SYMA S102G / S105G / S107G S108G / S109G RC Helicopters Parts includes the 3.5mm White Drive Gear
Motor size: 16.6mm (length) x 7mm (diameter)
SYMA Parts No: S107G-17.

For those wondering about the weight difference between 6mm and 7mm motors, my memory from reading is that 6mm is ~1.3g, 7mm is ~2.7g
So about 5 to 6g difference for 4 motors, which is quite a bit relative to the 18g AUW of an nQx.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Jun 24, 2013, 05:47 PM
United States, UT, Marysvale
Joined Aug 2004
1,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
@Vrated
I think the nQX is more fun than the sim.

Being able to see it with your own eyes makes it much more fun. Because of that, it feels easier than the SIM sometimes. As you get proficient at it, you'll find yourself going through obstacle courses and do spot landings.

It's the best indoor flyer from what I've experienced. The coaxial mCX2 was slow and a newbie can outgrow that within the week. I personally get blade strike when trying to push it by flying fast and/or left circuits.

The FP like the v911 are fun. One can really push the bounderies indoors and bash them about . But they have a bias in how they like to turn. And falls out of the air when bumping against furnitures and walls.

The nQX has a lightness indoors and feels very smooth either way you fly it. CW or CCW or backwards. And if you're like me, you'll start weaving about the imaginary slalom course. Or practiced tight figure 8s between two table legs.

But if you really want to practice, switch it to Agility mode and do your best to fly ahead of it. I think that gives great orientation and coordination practice for when the outside weather isn't forgiving for RC flight.
Thank You Sir, My nQX should arrive at my door in a few days. I now need to decide on which, my DX6i or DX8 Tx for this one.
Vrated is offline Find More Posts by Vrated
Old Jun 24, 2013, 05:49 PM
United States, MD, Mt Airy
Joined Jun 2013
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Very cool, thanks for the info! Are you tapping directly from the battery connection to the board or somewhere else?
~
Yeah $34 for a complete set, about half the price of a BNF. Pick up another one and just sell whatever you don't want/need.
Tapped two test points on the top side of the board near the battery connection.
And about parts cost, yeah I have been thinking that next month I may order another BNF just for airframe parts and either sell the main board or try a small scratch build BL motor setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeflys View Post
Just received mine last night. I have been flying it around my house and yard all day. This thread is now many pages long so forgive me if this has been asked already. Has anyone tried to set it up for night flying? I think it would not have enough power for LED's, I was thinking a few stripes of luminous paint?
Go to 38(link)-39(link) , LED mod has already been done, 3x led's in 1206 package size and one 3mm, getting 5:30min to LVC on 160mah glaciers but you could probably get away w/ only 2 leds on it
Wolfmetalfab is offline Find More Posts by Wolfmetalfab
Last edited by Wolfmetalfab; Jul 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: added links
Old Jun 24, 2013, 06:07 PM
United States, MD, Mt Airy
Joined Jun 2013
566 Posts
More Led pics

Ok, More led install pics
Got smart and stuck the thing to the ceiling vs chasing it around
Rear view,

3/4 front view

Led install locations, Wiring could be neater but I didnt bother to pull the main board

Wolfmetalfab is offline Find More Posts by Wolfmetalfab
Old Jun 24, 2013, 06:52 PM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
760 Posts
picked up my nano the other day and have been unable to use it in blue light mode, red light mode it is totally controllable but in stability mode it takes off hard left and backwards. i bound it on a level surface with all trims zero and sub trims zero. anyone had issues in stability mode?
in agility mode its a riot to fly but i would like stability mode for my daughter to play in and its just not working.
furballll is offline Find More Posts by furballll
Old Jun 24, 2013, 07:10 PM
Joined Jun 2013
3 Posts
Just picked mine up yesterday. Don't have more than a dozen batteries through it, and now it has a major issue. It'll sppol up, but won't allow it to get off the ground. Tried a few batteries and a different transmitter and still no luck.
Dr.speedy is offline Find More Posts by Dr.speedy
Old Jun 24, 2013, 07:11 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,995 Posts
Did anybody find a really light weight, nice quality keychain cam for this yet? I wanted to get some onboard video with it, but didn't know if there was a camera small enough.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Jun 24, 2013, 07:16 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,064 Posts
Here is my flip video. I'll try to get some better footage later. Don't mind the messy apartment.

Flipping the Blade nQX (0 min 34 sec)
Sixinarow is online now Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Old Jun 24, 2013, 07:28 PM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.speedy View Post
Just picked mine up yesterday. Don't have more than a dozen batteries through it, and now it has a major issue. It'll sppol up, but won't allow it to get off the ground. Tried a few batteries and a different transmitter and still no luck.
ran into this situation in my house, a few of my daughters hairs were tangled around the prop shafts. try pulling the props off the shaft and see if thats the issue.
furballll is offline Find More Posts by furballll
Old Jun 24, 2013, 07:30 PM
Joined Jun 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furballll View Post
ran into this situation in my house, a few of my daughters hairs were tangled around the prop shafts. try pulling the props off the shaft and see if thats the issue.
I removed all the props and put on the second set of props even. Still no luck. The motors won't throttle up enough to lift it off the ground. It's like the electronics are holding it back or they're damaged
Dr.speedy is offline Find More Posts by Dr.speedy
Old Jun 24, 2013, 07:52 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
Are you using healthy full charged batteries?
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Jun 24, 2013, 08:06 PM
Rekitter of fine aircraft
United States, TX, Spring
Joined May 2004
1,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.speedy View Post
I removed all the props and put on the second set of props even. Still no luck. The motors won't throttle up enough to lift it off the ground. It's like the electronics are holding it back or they're damaged
I don't have mine in front of me, but is it possible for the motors to move down in the mounts and bind the non-prop bearing end of the shaft rub on something?
SFT2 is offline Find More Posts by SFT2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back to work
Old Jun 24, 2013, 08:10 PM
Joined Jul 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I thought we were talking about the Devo 7e? You busting my chops? ;P

To reset the timer, you press the L- button.
Yes, we're talking about the Devo 7E, running a custom build of DeviationTx. No, I'm not busting your chops. I don't recall using the L- to reset the timer (but I'm about to go test it), and I *do* think I can make the agility/stability toggle behave properly. But again, it'll probably be next week before I can look at this!
Mike Meyer is offline Find More Posts by Mike Meyer
Old Jun 24, 2013, 08:22 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
371 Posts
I would think it's possible for the props to bind on the motors as there's no motor guard and the hole seems to go all the way thru the props. My props are not at the same height so that probably causes some minor trim issues. Picked this up on the way home from morning indoor flying here as one of the guys works at one of the LHS and said they had them back in stock. guys at the store (now my favorite among the LHSs) helped me bind to my new T-Six. What a blast! only flown 2 batteries thru it at work in an office suite and I'm already way better than with any of my other quads. and it's so quiet I could close my office door and no one would know I was practicing! . got about 7:15 on a 35c 150 mah eflight (which will fly my Champ seemingly forever in a gym). LVC is SUDDEN, but set to a high enough voltage to be safe, I think. My first indoor banked turns even (I'm not a very good pilot). woohoo! They're gonna sell a zillion (technical term) of these.
speakertoanimals is offline Find More Posts by speakertoanimals