HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 21, 2013, 04:23 PM
United States, NV, Laughlin
Joined Oct 2012
219 Posts
Discussion
Help Turnigy 9x

I have a Turnigy 9x it took me 2 days to get it to bind to the HK Q-bot Quad, but in the process the radio will either not bind at all with the v911 or v912 or will bind and start at 50% throttle and not respond to any stick on the v949 and X-1 and just try and fly away. I had the module in and out several times, could I have damaged the micro coax cable? Any help would be appreciated. thanks. Bob
bob cripe is online now Find More Posts by bob cripe
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2013, 04:36 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob cripe View Post
I have a Turnigy 9x it took me 2 days to get it to bind to the HK Q-bot Quad, but in the process the radio will either not bind at all with the v911 or v912 or will bind and start at 50% throttle and not respond to any stick on the v949 and X-1 and just try and fly away. I had the module in and out several times, could I have damaged the micro coax cable? Any help would be appreciated. thanks. Bob
It can't be the coax as the Q-Bot doesn't use the transmitter's normal module. Rather the supplied module works like AnyLink and plugs into the trainer port.

I don't understand your references to v911, v912 and v949. These do use the regular Turnigy module so can't work if the Q-Bot module is plugged in.

Please explain more clearly.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old May 21, 2013, 11:44 PM
United States, NV, Laughlin
Joined Oct 2012
219 Posts
no longer binding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
It can't be the coax as the Q-Bot doesn't use the transmitter's normal module. Rather the supplied module works like AnyLink and plugs into the trainer port.

I don't understand your references to v911, v912 and v949. These do use the regular Turnigy module so can't work if the Q-Bot module is plugged in.

Please explain more clearly.
I got the q-bot to bind and fly with the adapter, I removed the adapter and the radio no longer works with the other models that are programed in. They all worked great until I used the HT8 adapter.
bob cripe is online now Find More Posts by bob cripe
Old May 22, 2013, 07:49 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,984 Posts
You do have the regular module properly seated and nothing plugged into the trainer port?

Is it possible that in your experimenting you removed the regular module and damaged the connections or coax? There should be no need to remove it, as plugging anything into the trainer port removes power from the module.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old May 22, 2013, 09:00 AM
Too many numbers
United States, IL, Lake in the Hills
Joined Oct 2010
1,837 Posts
I've talked to several people that have had this problem. They get one shot to bind and then it won't cooperate after that. My friends' solution? Get a FrSky module and plug it in instead. lol Good luck to you!
c131frdave is offline Find More Posts by c131frdave