SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:58 PM
Great Bend
Joined Jan 2004
14 Posts
A Couple Of Questions For A New Beginner

Hi, recently got a Kavan Shot Trainer and it came with an IPS motor. I've been trying to look for the right equipment to run it. I want to get one of the Kokam Lithium 2 CELL 7.4V 1500MAH LIPO PACK, and I would run it with a 5 amp speed controller. I'm a very new r/c flyer so bear with me, since some of the questions might seem way out there. Is the Lithium battery to strong or powerful for the motor controller that I would use with it? Or should I use a 10 amp speed controller. Also, you don't think the battery would be so strong that it would burn the little motor out do you? If you don't think any of this would work could you just tell me what I should get that would work with it but yet have long flight times? Thank you.
phil_013 is offline Find More Posts by phil_013
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2004, 09:05 PM
Suspended Account
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Dec 2002
2,239 Posts
I THINK you will be okay with what you have planned, but I suggest you get a larger ESC. You can get away with a larger ESC than you need, but you can't get away with a smaller ESC than you need. The battery will be fine for the motor.
sarge is offline Find More Posts by sarge