HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 16, 2013, 06:22 PM
Minneapolis
Joined Jun 2002
1,132 Posts
Question
Futaba 9C with frsky module

I'm getting into quad copters and will be using the NAZA and GPS. I am looking for a good tutorial on setting up the 9C for doing this properly. Anyone with some suggestions for me, I'd appreciate it. In my mind, I've not the faintest where to start. I don't have the NAZA and GPS yet but have purchased a complete Quad from someone here on the forums, it's got the NAZA and GPS, all I would need is to setup my RX on the Quad and then setup my 9C to control everything. I would have failsafe because the frsky module supports it. I have a matching frsky RX to use on the quad and other than batteries, I should be set.

Thanks for help from anyone.

Gene
uniquewon is offline Find More Posts by uniquewon
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2013, 03:12 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,955 Posts
I am in the same boat as you almost - I just got my naza working with gps, setting the gps mode was simple enough by just changing the endpoints on my switch C so that instead of failsafe it went into gpsmode, which seems to be working ok.

Now I want to get the failsafe/rth working, both when out of range and also to a switch somehow. I have seen tutorials on how to do a mix so that another switch will activate RTH, but not on the older 9C TX.

Also confused on what I need to do on the radio rx end, I am using a Frsky module for my quads. I think I set up the initial failsafe on the rx for 50% throttle so I don't know if I need to reset it on the rx now or just leave it alone.

Also need to figure out how to set up the intelligent orientation lock, etc, and eventually the camera gimbal once I get one.
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr