proarm is offline Find More Posts by proarm
Old Sep 21, 2005, 03:39 PM
CeNeCe PRO rules!
Barcelona
Joined Jan 2005
714 Posts
CeNeCe PRO 1.04
The best there is, includes among many other things:
complete 3D simulation, kits composition, cad import (improved CreaDat), automatic interpolation of points, etc, etc.
you can check a demo at http://www.cenece.com under software.

best regards
DaniSaez is offline Find More Posts by DaniSaez
Old Sep 21, 2005, 04:13 PM
Build...Crash...Build...
Williamsburg, Virginia
Joined Apr 2005
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniSaez
CeNeCe PRO 1.04
The best there is, includes among many other things:
complete 3D simulation, kits composition, cad import (improved CreaDat), automatic interpolation of points, etc, etc.
you can check a demo at http://www.cenece.com under software.

best regards
Do you know if this will work with the StepFour CNC Foam Wing CUtter?

Regards,
Sonny
slowracing is offline Find More Posts by slowracing
Old Sep 22, 2005, 03:58 PM
CeNeCe PRO rules!
Barcelona
Joined Jan 2005
714 Posts
Hi Sonny,

I haven't tried the StepFour CNC controler, but I'd say yes, as you have a screen in the program, to setup your Paralell port as needed, so knowing what is the StepFour config, you shouldn't have much trouble with it. The program has been tested with the C4 controler (www.cenece.com), and the french MM2001.

Regards,
Dan
Old Sep 24, 2005, 05:07 AM
Joined Jun 2005
25 Posts
Hello,

the program will work with any stepper driver with two input signals: sense and step.

Javier L.
javierl is offline Find More Posts by javierl
Old Sep 24, 2005, 05:37 AM
Build...Crash...Build...
Williamsburg, Virginia
Joined Apr 2005
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by javierl
Hello,

the program will work with any stepper driver with two input signals: sense and step.

Javier L.
It looks like the Step-Four uses something other than sense and step. I checked the signal output and it makes no sense to me I think the controller is proprietary!?!?!
Old Sep 24, 2005, 05:25 PM
Joined Jun 2005
25 Posts
Hello,

time ago I studied the Step Four's stepper controller and they did it with two pins by motor: sense and step. His controller is very simple and the benefits are not updated... don't reduce the current when a motor stops, few ways of polarization, doesn't control end of travel to cut consumptions, etc. and the temperature control is poor also, is analogical.

Regards,
Javier L.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 07:16 PM
Build...Crash...Build...
Williamsburg, Virginia
Joined Apr 2005
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by javierl
Hello,

time ago I studied the Step Four's stepper controller and they did it with two pins by motor: sense and step. His controller is very simple and the benefits are not updated... don't reduce the current when a motor stops, few ways of polarization, doesn't control end of travel to cut consumptions, etc. and the temperature control is poor also, is analogical.

Regards,
Javier L.
Javier,

Does that mean the Foam Works software should work with my Step Four SF-C1 controller!?!?

Would you be willing to give me any advice or help in setting it up? I've tried everything and it still doesn't work!?!?

Maybe I'm confused as to what "sense and step" really means!?!? When I use the parallel port diagnostics within Foam Works it seems to simply supply 5 volts to one pin and pulse 5 volts to the other pin to move the motor. Then to move the motor in the other directions it turns the first pin off (0 volts) and pulses the second…is that correct!?!?

Thanks,
Sonny
Old Sep 24, 2005, 08:34 PM
Joined Jun 2005
25 Posts
Yes Sonny, that's the way it works. One pin indicates the clock or counterclockwise turn and the other one is the 'turn' order. I mean that if this pin has a '0' may be clockwise turn but if this pin has a '1' it will turn ccw. The other pin is always at '0' level except when the stepper must turn, then its value is '1' and after some miliseconds goes again at '0' level. The same for the 4 steppers... so we have 8 bits.

The Step Four controller works under other CNC softs so I hope it will work too under Foam Works. If you like please tell me the link where I could find any information about how does FW works and I will tell you something about.

Regards,
Javier L.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 02:49 AM
Model Bender
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2004
2,869 Posts
DaniSaez: Does CeNeCé PRO control wire heat?

It is very hard to cut accurately at different speeds with manual wire heat control.

How does it produce smooth Step/Dirction pulses under windows without external timer interrupt?

Looks good though!
OzDragonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzDragonFlyer
Old Sep 25, 2005, 05:06 PM
CeNeCe PRO rules!
Barcelona
Joined Jan 2005
714 Posts
OzDragonFlyer,

The CeNeCe PRO has a setup screen for the paralel port, as well as for the temperature control, it is designed to work with the CT temperature control unit using 2 pins for the comunication, so it won't work with other temperature controls. The CT temperature control unit can be controlled either from the program or in manual mode.

About the smoothness of the CeNeCe PRO moving the steppers... CeNeCe PRO doesn't need any external clock, that's all I can tell you, and this is one of the main features of this soft, its smoothness and high speed that other windows cnc programs don't have.

Regards
Dan
Old Sep 25, 2005, 09:20 PM
Model Bender
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2004
2,869 Posts
Thanks Dan

So.. the heat control is similiar to GMFC? I'd like some more info in case I can adapt the heat control on my board to suit cenece. Are the wire heat signals active on the demo program?

As for the external timer, nice to hear that cenece doesn't need one. I would guess it's a bit like the Mach2/3 software, a driver running in ring 0/1? This sounds realllly great
OzDragonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzDragonFlyer