Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by BD Murdock, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 09, 2013, 06:17 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Discussion
Change Your Perspective

I've taught myself how to fly the V202 more or less in a room that's 8'x10' with a 7' ceiling. I've discovered the more accurate and fast I am with figure 8's and cicuits in that space the better I am outside. Granted I have to be well thumbed to do them and really throw the 202 around but it's progressing.

The best thing about a room is that it's always the same weather, same obstacles, same challenges.

I've always stood in the doorway just to be out of the usable airspace. The doorway is a 3'x2'x7' box at one corner of the room. Tonight I moved to my left about 4' and sat down on a chair. The room flew very diferently than it had before. It was as if I was flying in a bigger space, in all three dimensions. I'm guessing that's simply from adding more airspace above my head but the difference was very noticeable. It just flew bigger and seemed different. All the things I was doing were easier to do.

The weird thing is I have no idea why I didn't try it along time ago. I guess I just get used to things the way they are and don't think to change them up.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Last edited by BD Murdock; May 09, 2013 at 06:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:15 AM
Do not fear my avatar ...
United States, NY, WOODHAVEN
Joined Dec 2012
212 Posts
You can experience the same feeling outside. For instance, I am becoming really familiar with my regular Saturday morning flying spot and am thinking of other places I could go to keep it fresh. Sometimes I do atrocities to my v202 to keep that fresh. Observe (I thought you might dig this) ...

cyclopsv202side.3GP (0 min 11 sec)
elburromjf is offline Find More Posts by elburromjf
Old Aug 07, 2013, 06:06 PM
It got away...
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Feb 2013
1,347 Posts
Good point! I learned inside, it was
A bad move even though it worked. Outside, or open spaces really give you the feeling of how much you love the hobby!
Number2 is offline Find More Posts by Number2