HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2004, 11:02 PM
Seattle, Washington, United States
Joined Mar 2003
1,612 Posts
Video Editing Software

Hi guys, I recently got a mini DV camera and was wondering is there any free software that will enable me to edit the video and get it into a format where I can post online?

I guess I should also ask what will I need to do to get the video from the camera to my computer and eventually upload the vidoes.

Thanks for the help guys, I am an RC guy, not a computer guy!

Tabb
tabbytabb is offline Find More Posts by tabbytabb
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 13, 2004, 11:20 PM
Nimble with Gimbals
San Diego, CA
Joined Apr 2003
2,365 Posts
If you're running Windows XP then the included Windows Movie Maker is an excellent choice. Be sure to update it via Windows Update for the best experience.
Awakened is offline Find More Posts by Awakened
Old Jan 14, 2004, 05:41 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Another option is http://www.ulead.com

But first see what came with your camera. I ordered Ulead the same time I ordered my camera not knowing much about it and it turned out that DVD authoring program came with the camara (Sony TRV-33).
Pretty basic, but actually did all I really wanted to do in the first place.

Highflight
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Jan 14, 2004, 05:56 AM
Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain
Joined Jul 2001
31 Posts
Tabb,
If your camera has a DV link you need a Firewire port in your PC. For desktops computer you can find a 3 port board that is easy to install.
Many new cameras sport USB2.0 ports, so check if your PC has one of these. The USB1.1 won't work properly (data transfer speed too low).
Have fun (it's fun!).

Tato
Tato is offline Find More Posts by Tato