HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by dmoody19, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 07, 2013, 06:16 PM
United States, FL, Titusville
Joined Apr 2011
26 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Sold
ONce in a lifetime Chance to own this HP 1.20 Inline Gold Cup engine. New, never ran

Guys this is a once in a lifetime chance to own a HP Gold Cup 1.20 inline twin. Specs below but needless to say it is a wonderful motor for p-51's etc that are big enough to take the engine.

I do not know what year it was made but am thinking it was quite a while back but new ones are still available as well. Whatever year it was made , this baby is new, never been mounted or test ran to my knowledge and it looks that way with no discoloring anywhere, no markings on the motor mounts and a shiney set of pistons as well :-) It come just as shown in the pictures. It does not come with exhaust because according to the distributor they are almost always custom for specific planes and plans. See note below from them . The engine does not come drilled and tapped for exhaust but I read that a O.S. FSR .61 is a great fit for the exhaust x2. I have seen them with the rear cylinder turned 180 degrees to have one muffler on each side but it would also be an easy thing to make one tuned pipe or long muffler etc to be setup for twin cylinders with some study and thought. I was going to use a copper tube and braise the needed parts together. THe newest ones had a minor change in that they are drilled to fit the OS FSR .61. If that is waht you want and you cannot drill and tap I can do that for you before I send it out. If you want to figure some other kind of exhaust and can draw basic setup with size and length I can probably make it for you as well.

The engine sells for 479 dollars and mine is still new so that is my starting price, should be more since finding one is next to impossible but I am not greedy and will accept other offers.

as far as trading goes here are some ideas :

Doesn't have t be planes, could be a heli or something traxxas or maybe nothing about r/c at all. My wife can always use nice things as well. I need paint for a 79 Camaro I have been rebuilding as well as other things for it. Could use some good Harley Boots for both of us and also 3x rain suit.... good half helmets as well as just take a chance and let me know what you have??? Got an old beater Chevy pickup? Blown engine and messed up interior? I could use one of those as well...

Give me an idea of what you have and lets see what happens...

Any trading however cannot include any cash going your direction I am a poor disabled vet so money is not possible... got a tank? lol scooter ??? go cart big enough for a 330 pound fella?

I am willing to take trades and would love a decent wingspan P-51 (at least in the high 60's to 70's but really want an 80 plus wing. I would consider a top flite giant scale kit as well (any of them) as partial payment or possibly even trade we will see.

will also consider other warbirds as well as gas engiwnes made in this century lol (HobbyKing engines are fine with me.) In fact the 9cc engines are needed here (3 of them).

Well I think that's it.Let me know what you think.... And Thanks guys.....and gals....

The HP 1.20 twin is an alternate firing, 2 stroke twin with center rotary valve induction. This engine really sounds awesome and has become very popular with large scale builders, especially in P 51's. Inherent to its design, this engine is extremely smooth running and the slim line allows it to be installed in narrow fuselages. Marine modelers have found the HP 1.2 a great performer too.

The HP 1.20 is produced with Austrian & American made components and carry a two year warranty. The crankshaft is supported by 4 ball bearings and all versions are available with ABC or ringed pistons & cylinders. This engine is derived from the famous and well proven HP .61 Gold Cup.

A dual tuned pipe system is available for extra performance. No muffler system is available as most installations are custom. See tuned pipe section in this catalog. If you want to use pitts style mufflers, the exhaust bolt pattern is the same as the OS FSR .61.

Features:

ABC or Ringed construction • Double ball bearings on both crankshafts • Schnuerle porting • Slide Carb with accelerator pump

SPECIFICATIONS

Engine Weight 950 gr

Bore 24.5 mm

Stroke 21 mm

Total Displacement 19.78 ccm

Prop Shaft Size 8x1 mm

Glow Plug Std Long Med Cold (K&B 7310)

RPM Range 2000-18,000

Practical RPM 2200-15,500

Power KW (PS) 2.9 (3.95)

Prop Size - Normal Models 16x4 15x6 14x6
dmoody19 is offline Find More Posts by dmoody19
Last edited by dmoody19; May 08, 2013 at 10:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2013, 12:17 PM
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Aug 2012
908 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
These sound very cool. I had one in a Sig 4-star 120. I ran the 2 exhausts into 1 pipe and used JB Weld to seal the joint where all 3 came together.
jwellsy is online now Find More Posts by jwellsy
Closed Thread