SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:48 PM
Joined Feb 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madog71 View Post
I agree with that, but just FYI I use 3A BEC and similar servos with my two 3D-H and never get same issue as mention by Bigal1951. So I don't think it's the ESC, but as you suggest better play safe. So let's see with your new ESC, let us know.
I should have the new gyro within the next week or so. I am going to video the entire installation and configuration with the new ESC. I'll post the video up here, lets see how things go.
bigal1951 is offline Find More Posts by bigal1951
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2013, 01:35 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Not simple, but not hard either, just need to follow the steps and as long as the radio works fine with other helis it should be okay programming this one to it. I got it programmed but haven't test flown it yet. The included manual is easy to follow with only a few typos, but less than the usual, so it will take a bit of thinking for a bit if you have never set up a flybarless gyro as the first thing you need to make sure is correct are your servos. That can get anyone though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormheli View Post
so is the jury still out on this flybarless unit? is it crap? anyone running it with great results? how about programming it? easy like Sunday mornin?
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Jun 30, 2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 03:07 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2012
508 Posts
i just ordered a used one from a guy on ebay and he said it worked good. says its just like a beastx . you program with the tx. that might be a good thing as apposed to having to use a pc. hope it works well
stormheli is offline Find More Posts by stormheli
Old Jun 29, 2013, 03:56 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal1951 View Post
I can't try anything, I sent both gyros back and haven't received my new one yet but I kind of agree, I should have waited a few Months before ordering this gyro. BTW, What part of NY are you from? I was born and raised in Commack.
Right now I live in Brooklyn. About 10 mins drive to the flying site at Gerrittsen Beach.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Jun 29, 2013, 05:25 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Thanks, IFHELI. Strange they still don't show the swashplate 165Hz setting. Perhaps just an oversight from using the original page for the HB800.

I wonder if we will ever see the upgrade they promised, to give us the sum signal support...
They have it on sale now for $39.90
IFHELI is online now Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old Jun 29, 2013, 05:28 PM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,074 Posts
Well, all I can say is ...........WOW!!!

I test flew the Walkera V450D01 (now called V450-3D-H) and what a difference! Everything is stock with the exception of the main and auto gears, blade grips (all Tarot) and now the addition of the RX802 and 3D-H. I set the gyro up per the instructions and expected to have to make some adjustments here and there, but to my surprise, nothing needed tweaking but a few clicks down on the tail gain to stop a very slight tail wag. I got it into a hover and was able to hover hands off right off the bat. I put it in idle up 1 and the same thing. I flew some circuits and did some rolls and loops and it was very smooth and stable. Absolutely amazing! Several people at the field came over to ask what I was using for my FBL and they oohed and aahed over it. I told them I was still new at flying heli's and they said I made it look easy. I told them I give credit to the new FBL unit. They too were impressed and couldn't believe I only payed $50 for it and said they had to get one themselves.

What a blast! Can't wait for the next day at the field.

I used the Sport setting to start with and noticed when I did piro's, it turned a bit slow. I have my rudder D/R set to 40% and Expo at 20%. I would like to speed it up just a bit. Do I change the setting from Sport to Pro or adjust the D/R or Expo?
nascar1929 is offline Find More Posts by nascar1929
Last edited by nascar1929; Jul 01, 2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 05:46 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
Well, all I can say is ...........WOW!!!

I test flew the Walkera V450D01 (now called V450-3D-H) and what a difference! Everything is stock with the exception of the main and auto gears, blade grips (all Tarot) and now the addition of the RX802 and 3D-H. I set the gyro up per the instructions and expected to have to make some adjustments here and there, but to my surprise, nothing needed tweaking but a few clicks down on the tail gain to stop a very slight tail wag. I got it into a hover and was able to hover hands off right off the bat. I put it in idle up 1 and the same thing. I flew some circuits and did some rolls and loops and it was very smooth and stable. Absolutely amazing! Several people at the field came over to ask what I was using for my FBL and they oohed and aahed over it. I told them I was still new at flying heli's and they said I made it look easy. I told them I give credit to the new FBL unit. They too were impressed and couldn't believe I only payed $45 for it and said they had to get one themselves.

What a blast! Can't wait for the next day at the field.

I used the Sport setting to start with and noticed when I did piro's, it turned a bit slow. I have my rudder D/R set to 40% and Expo at 20%. I would like to speed it up just a bit. Do I change the setting from Sport to Pro or adjust the D/R or Expo?
I knew you'd love it nascar. More power to you!! For the rudder(tail) I don't use expo or d/r.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Jun 29, 2013, 05:47 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
Increase the rudder d/r first.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 06:11 PM
Head in the clouds
Joined Jan 2012
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
I knew you'd love it nascar. More power to you!! For the rudder(tail) I don't use expo or d/r.
I do love it! Glad I went with it. It was nice being able to set everything up without using a PC and then the ease of making adjustments at the field if needed is a bonus. Thought it would be more difficult to setup cause when I read through the manual online, it all looked confusing. Once I got it in hand and went through it, it was easy peasy as you said before!

I made a mistake on my prior post. My D/R for rudder is set to 75%, not 40%. I just increased the D/R to 100% and will see how it goes next time out.

How much difference is there between the Sport and Pro settings?

Name: V450D01.jpg
Views: 109
Size: 224.2 KB
Description: Name: V450D01 (2).jpg
Views: 141
Size: 189.8 KB
Description:
Last edited by nascar1929; Jun 29, 2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 07:00 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
I do love it! Glad I went with it. It was nice being able to set everything up without using a PC and then the ease of making adjustments at the field if needed is a bonus. Thought it would be more difficult to setup cause when I read through the manual online, it all looked confusing. Once I got it in hand and went through it, it was easy peasy as you said before!

I made a mistake on my prior post. My D/R for rudder is set to 75%, not 40%. I just increased the D/R to 100% and will see how it goes next time out.

How much difference is there between the Sport and Pro settings?

Attachment 5892388 Attachment 5892389
First of all nascar, I got to say that is one of the most cleanest build I have ever seen, very neat!

As for your question, this quote is from Stefan from MB:

"it's not forbidden to use expo of the transmitter in any mode. But it is not recommended to use expo in any other mode than "transmitter" mode. The presets in Microbeast are intended for people that want quick results and don't like to play around with values and percentages.

Basically the presets "sport", "pro", "extreme",... are nothing else than preset curves that will add some expo and a specific value of rotation rate to the input signal coming from the receiver. To get proper results this requires that the stick signals are transmitted plain linear. If you already "bend" the signals inside of the transmitter by using expo function there, you might get a quite different control feeling, far away from an expected "expo feeling". Microbeast can't know that you also use expo of the transmitter. As said the presets simply scales the incoming values. When additionaly using expo these two curves will not add together, like 20% + 30% = 50% Expo, no, the curves will mix up quite random and you may get a very uncomfortable feeling, s.th. like very insensitive feeling in the middle and very sudden reaction at the outer stick range.

If you like such feeling of course you may do this. When using extreme mode for example there only is very little expo set in the Microbeast. If you want to get the feeling slightly softer, "adding" 5% with the transmitter shouldn't be a problem at all. But anyhow if you start adjusting curves in the transmitter I'd recommend to completely switch to "transmitter" mode and adjust the feeling as you like. This would give more comprehensible results. "

http://www.beastx.com/showthread.php...ot-manual-flaw
Old Jun 29, 2013, 08:32 PM
Head in the clouds
Joined Jan 2012
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
First of all nascar, I got to say that is one of the most cleanest build I have ever seen, very neat!

As for your question, this quote is from Stefan from MB:

"it's not forbidden to use expo of the transmitter in any mode. But it is not recommended to use expo in any other mode than "transmitter" mode. The presets in Microbeast are intended for people that want quick results and don't like to play around with values and percentages.

Basically the presets "sport", "pro", "extreme",... are nothing else than preset curves that will add some expo and a specific value of rotation rate to the input signal coming from the receiver. To get proper results this requires that the stick signals are transmitted plain linear. If you already "bend" the signals inside of the transmitter by using expo function there, you might get a quite different control feeling, far away from an expected "expo feeling". Microbeast can't know that you also use expo of the transmitter. As said the presets simply scales the incoming values. When additionaly using expo these two curves will not add together, like 20% + 30% = 50% Expo, no, the curves will mix up quite random and you may get a very uncomfortable feeling, s.th. like very insensitive feeling in the middle and very sudden reaction at the outer stick range.

If you like such feeling of course you may do this. When using extreme mode for example there only is very little expo set in the Microbeast. If you want to get the feeling slightly softer, "adding" 5% with the transmitter shouldn't be a problem at all. But anyhow if you start adjusting curves in the transmitter I'd recommend to completely switch to "transmitter" mode and adjust the feeling as you like. This would give more comprehensible results. "

http://www.beastx.com/showthread.php...ot-manual-flaw
Thanks for the compliment. I do my best to make my heli's wiring look as clean and neat as possible.

So from what is mentioned above, I shouldn't need any expo on elevator, aileron or rudder as long as I'm using one of the presets other than TX? If I understand that correctly, I can still use D/R's on each of those but just take out the expo. Is that right?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 08:46 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the compliment. I do my best to make my heli's wiring look as clean and neat as possible.

So from what is mentioned above, I shouldn't need any expo on elevator, aileron or rudder as long as I'm using one of the presets other than TX? If I understand that correctly, I can still use D/R's on each of those but just take out the expo. Is that right?
I don't use expo or dual rate on the tail, but on the head I notice If i use a lot of expo, it behaves in a lag kinda way. Really what we are suppose to be doing is have our setup in the TX to be ALL linear(as in no expo or dual rates) and we choose the preset settings, which already has a set amount of expo(Sport, Pro etc). Like Stefan mentioned it's all up to you on adjusting it to the way you want your heli to feel and respond to your stick inputs(flying style).
Old Jun 29, 2013, 09:04 PM
Head in the clouds
Joined Jan 2012
1,074 Posts
Got it. I'll just have to play around with the settings and see what's comfortable. It flew nicely today with the D/R's at 75% on elevator, aileron and rudder and Expo at 40% on elevator and aileron and 20% on tail. It was just the tail that seemed a bit slow to me and wanted to speed it up a bit.
Last edited by nascar1929; Jun 30, 2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 09:22 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
Quote:
Got it. I'll just have to play around with the settings and see what's comfortable. It flew nicely today with the D/R's at 75% on elevator, aileron and rudder and Expo at 40% on elevator and aileron and 20% on tail. It was just the tail that seemed a bit slow to me and wanted to speed it up a bit.
Try transmitter setting for control behavior. Then instead of using D/R try using EPA to increase or decrease rate of rotation on an axis. Expo can also be added too under this function.

I think D/R would be helpful to test how much rotation per axis you may want under the other control behaviors since its a linear scale. However like pitchp stated I wouldn't want to mix expo in sport, pro, etc..
Old Jun 30, 2013, 07:50 PM
Head in the clouds
Joined Jan 2012
1,074 Posts
So if I choose the "Transmitter" setting, I can adjust the D/R's and Expo how ever I want?

If I stay with the Sport setting, D/R's are OK, but don't use Expo?