HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

The RC Season is Here!

It's the RC flying season and that means the RCGroups crew is on the road covering events for our users.

Splash

The RCG crew bounces from show, to show, to show this time of year.

Toledo went well this year. Our main goal at RC events is to push out coverage of each show for our users that couldn't be there. That is mixed with talking to users at the shows, companies with new products and old friends. It's always a daunting task and a full horse power run but we seem to be smiling through the whole thing so the fun factor must be high. I have come to cherish a hot shower and a functional hotel coffee maker. A fat internet connection is also always a welcomed thing.

I just got back from SEFF. This is always a great event but you are at the mercy of the weather. It was 55 degrees and raining when I left Nashville but the clouds parted and the sun shone brightly on all the SEFF pilots. When your at event this large and things seem so easy it's usually because there is a crew of people making it feel that way. I was in my "natural state" at this show - that is in the RCG golf cart shooting photos at anything or anyone that I thought was interesting. I also like to do interviews at these shows. It's a lot of fun.

I'm back home now sitting on my porch with my Catahoula hound Billie resting up in preparation for the mother of all outdoor events - Joe Nall. Nall, glorious Nall! Hundreds of acres of pure bred RC fun. The main line, the heli line, the electric line, the lake and finally the biggest show of all, the 3D line. We once did the math on the main line during the noon time demo and came up with over 2 million dollars worth of planes just on the grass alone. Squadrons of golf carts will crawl over Mr. Pat's property. A fleet of RVs will create the world's lagest RC based town. It is a site to behold day and night.

So be sure to check out all of our coverage that we have posted so far this season and keep your eyes peeled for what's to come. Mr. SleepyC is at Top Gun this very moment wearing out his camera and I'll get in the BBT (The Big Black Truck) and hook it to Nall any minute now!

Fly it like you found it! - Jim T.

Toledo Weak Signals Show

SEFF 2013 Event Coverage

Joe Nall

Discussion

Old May 04, 2013, 09:38 AM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,838 Posts
The RCG golf cart isn't just a way to get around, it's also a great place for an impromptu meeting!

I can attest to that!!
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2013, 11:31 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,289 Posts
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old May 07, 2013, 10:26 PM
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,635 Posts
Yep..that golf cart has history.
IFLYOS is online now Find More Posts by IFLYOS
Old May 10, 2013, 12:47 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,148 Posts
Jim told me my Golf cart was Iconic for the Pecan Patch
pecanpatch is online now Find More Posts by pecanpatch
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SliderBat - a GeoBat derivative
Old May 10, 2013, 10:56 PM
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,431 Posts
No doubt about it, the RCG and FG Golf carts sure do get around!
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
RCG Plus Member
Old May 11, 2013, 06:51 AM
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch View Post
Jim told me my Golf cart was Iconic for the Pecan Patch
Mark, I am thinking you cart is as much a part of SEFF as Mac's B-29 is!

Hey...Golf cart flying the B-29...I wonder if Mac is game?

IFLYOS is online now Find More Posts by IFLYOS
Old May 11, 2013, 07:43 AM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,148 Posts
I wouldn't say that! But It is as much that at my spread

I hope you can make our FPV fly-in In June
pecanpatch is online now Find More Posts by pecanpatch
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SliderBat - a GeoBat derivative
Old May 26, 2013, 01:18 PM
Joined Apr 2013
1 Posts
Here I am

It's me....Hi jim!
Texrotor is offline Find More Posts by Texrotor
Old May 26, 2013, 05:19 PM
Professional Amateur
Joined Feb 2013
1,735 Posts
Season is over for me, it's hot, sunny, and windless out there. I'm not going out in the sun to fly, that's where i draw the line. Can't wait for winter!
Rusty Mustard is online now Find More Posts by Rusty Mustard